Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dannyk

One Too Many
And now for a segment I’d like to call the worst pictures ever presented by dannyk. It’s actually still been very warm here in Buffalo NY but today looks like it will finally start jacket weather. Highs in the high 50s and low 60s for the next week. Trying to commit to wearing one jacket and finally breaking one in myself. The pictures as previously stated are trash. I am awful, just plain awful at mirror pics. And it doesn’t help when our one full length mirror is in the “guest bedroom.” Which while we work on the living room, bathroom and kitchen has become the catch all junk/storage room. Wearing my Schott 618HH which as shown a few weeks ago has become my “punk rock” jacket. For the American English speakers the buttons and for those British English speakers the badges are as follows.
On the leftside of the picture

1. Strummerville-Joe Strummers Charity which works on funding musical projects in third world areas and those without access. As well as planting trees around the globe to make any Joe related recordings carbon neutral, or provide clean water.
2. HB stands for Holy Black a company that makes super unique shaving products. Can’t recommend them enough. The products themselves are killer and work/smell great; but they try to make shaving fun and cool. For example they do theme boxes. one of the ones I own was from last Halloween. It came with a great feeling and smelling shave soap, an aftershave splash, and Eau De Parfum. Again all great but to make it fun it came in a blacked out box that included a ouija board, black seance candle, box of black matches and a silver planchette. Link to them here for any curious https://theholyblack.com/collection...products/black-magic-talking-spirit-board-set
3. Revolver Records the best little record shop in the area.
4. Rock Against The Rich Tour Badge. Name of Joe Strummers 1988 solo tour.
Right Side
1. Pride Heart given to me at pride parade a year or two ago from a friend as a thanks for being an ally.
2. Jail-Guitar Doors. Charity started by Billy Bragg in the UK and Wayne Kramer(MC5) in the US. In the 70s Wayne got into lots of trouble due to his activism and drug addiction. In 1978 The Clash wrote a song about Wayne being arrested called jail guitar doors. Billy and Wayne as older statesmen of political rock decided to give back. They now provide instruments, lessons, work books and teachers to inmates. Music can provide a lot of therapy in those walls
https://jail-guitar-doors.myshopify.com/pages/about-us
3. L.A.M.F. Name of The Heartbreakers/Johnny Thunders album Like A Mother F**ker
4. Death or Glory Streetwear. A company run by a friend of mine. He designs and makes clothes and accessories related to The Clash and their various associated acts like The Mescaleros and Big Audio Dynamite. No website but can be found on a FB page. Not only would it be helping out a small business friend of mine. He is also a member of Joes Charity I previously mentioned and he is a vendor at their events. A significant amount of the profits go to The Charity and contribute to the Strummerville yearly concert and StrummerCamp

EDIT: added link to Strummerville aka The Joe Strummer Foundation in case anyone wants to give to them! https://joestrummerfoundation.org/

ACD2ECDA-9973-4C62-A1E2-212AD0A2308F.jpeg
E2590816-D7CB-4C39-99C5-1550218F102D.jpeg
E8F042F0-26CF-44C3-93EC-0D0127D2A70A.jpeg

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
congrats, the shoulder to sleeve seams looks really smooth
I've had some problems with the shoulder part being a bit bulky on the mockup jacket. Therefore Greg adjusted the shoulder and neckline pattern. To be honest that made me a bit worried because I didnt want to end up with a wide neck opening. As you can see from the pics it came out perfect. Greg certainly knows what he's doing.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
And now for a segment I’d like to call the worst pictures ever presented by dannyk. It’s actually still been very warm here in Buffalo NY but today looks like it will finally start jacket weather. Highs in the high 50s and low 60s for the next week. Trying to commit to wearing one jacket and finally breaking one in myself. The pictures as previously stated are trash. I am awful, just plain awful at mirror pics. And it doesn’t help when our one full length mirror is in the “guest bedroom.” Which while we work on the living room, bathroom and kitchen has become the catch all junk/storage room. Wearing my Schott 618HH which as shown a few weeks ago has become my “punk rock” jacket. For the American English speakers the buttons and for those British English speakers the badges are as follows.

1. Strummerville-Joe Strummers Charity which works on funding musical projects in third world areas and those without access. As well as planting trees around the globe to make any Joe related recordings carbon neutral, or provide clean water.
2. HB stands for Holy Black a company that makes super unique shaving products. Can’t recommend them enough. The products themselves are killer and work/smell great; but they try to make shaving fun and cool. For example they do theme boxes. one of the ones I own was from last Halloween. It came with a great feeling and smelling shave soap, an aftershave splash, and Eau De Parfum. Again all great but to make it fun it came in a blacked out box that included a ouija board, black seance candle, box of black matches and a silver planchette. Link to them here for any curious https://theholyblack.com/collection...products/black-magic-talking-spirit-board-set
Right Side
1. Pride Heart given to me at pride parade a year or two ago from a friend as a thanks for being an ally.
2. Jail-Guitar Doors. Charity started by Billy Bragg in the UK and Wayne Kramer(MC5) in the US. In the 70s Wayne got into lots of trouble due to his activism and drug addiction. In 1978 The Clash wrote a song about Wayne being arrested called jail guitar doors. Billy and Wayne as older statesmen of political rock decided to give back. They now provide instruments, lessons, work books and teachers to inmates. Music can provide a lot of therapy in those walls
3. L.A.M.F. Name of The Heartbreakers/Johnny Thunders album Like A Mother F**ker
4. Death or Glory Streetwear. A company run by a friend of mine. He designs and makes clothes and accessories related to The Clash and their various associated acts like The Mescaleros and Big Audio Dynamite. No website but can be found on a FB page. Not only would it be helping out a small business friend of mine. He is also a member of Joes Charity I previously mentioned and he is a vendor at their events. A significant amount of the profits go to The Charity and contribute to the Strummerville yearly concert and StrumerCamp

View attachment 265571 View attachment 265569 View attachment 265570
This is badass, and the mirror pics are good!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Today I'll be wearing a smile on my face all day because my Field Leathers jacket just came in and it's nothing short of perfection :D
View attachment 265562

Has Gregg updated the shoulders/neckhole?
His jackets usually have Aero style neck creases and overhanging square shoulders that i am not a fan of, but this one falls really really nicely!
This is the first fit pic from Field Leathers that is making me want to take the plunge...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Has Gregg updated the shoulders/neckhole?
His jackets usually have Aero style neck creases and overhanging square shoulders that i am not a fan of, but this one falls really really nicely!
This is the first fit pic from Field Leathers that is making me want to take the plunge...

As you can see the mock-up jacket wasn't a great fit. Shoulders were bulgy
3942EE7B-C842-4823-A1EB-0D9F308342A1.jpeg

I pinned down the excess material and sent the mock-up back to him so he could adjust the pattern.
95CD4580-701A-47D6-B452-3A7EA3FBA8AA.jpeg

The end result is almost perfect. I think what's left over of the crease will settle once the jacket has been worn in.
9E2A0F3B-5FD9-49A5-96FD-07DCCEF449E6.jpeg

Just a few more pics :
E8AD97E7-F333-4076-9172-2DB6E7BD9911.jpeg

8D1352D3-117D-4EC0-AE7D-525627583B0F.jpeg

Right Side
4. Death or Glory Streetwear. A company run by a friend of mine. He designs and makes clothes and accessories related to The Clash and their various associated acts like The Mescaleros and Big Audio Dynamite. No website but can be found on a FB page. Not only would it be helping out a small business friend of mine. He is also a member of Joes Charity I previously mentioned and he is a vendor at their events. A significant amount of the profits go to The Charity and contribute to the Strummerville yearly concert and StrumerCamp

View attachment 265571 View attachment 265569 View attachment 265570

Man, Danny, it rocks. Really dig the choice of badges that mean something to you and not just regular punk/rock stuff. Inspires me to add badges to my 613 but I can't find any decent ones. I got a little flag this year at the pride, wish they had badges like that here... In any case, really awesome.

Plain ol' 613.

20200929-145923.jpg

Today I'll be wearing a smile on my face all day because my Field Leathers jacket just came in and it's nothing short of perfection :D
View attachment 265562

You can say that again. I was afraid pocket's gonna be a bit high but it turned out badass! And that's how you wear a pair of jeans.

dannyk

One Too Many
Man, Danny, it rocks. Really dig the choice of badges that mean something to you and not just regular punk/rock stuff. Inspires me to add badges to my 613 but I can't find any decent ones. I got a little flag this year at the pride, wish they had badges like that here... In any case, really awesome.

Plain ol' 613.

20200929-145923.jpg

You can say that again. I was afraid pocket's gonna be a bit high but it turned out badass! And that's how you wear a pair of jeans.
I view badges/buttons like all the tattoos I have. If Im going to have them on me forever (tattoos) or damage an expensive jacket and ruin its resale value they better mean something. Were not all going to agree on politics and this isnt the place for them anyway. But I will say its my job, my passion, and I hope people respect my grit and determination. Been beat up, kicked, out and hassled. Man, I love what I do! And thanks Ivan, your opinion is one I respect.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
As you can see the mock-up jacket wasn't a great fit. Shoulders were bulgy View attachment 265585

I pinned down the excess material and sent the mock-up back to him so he could adjust the pattern.
View attachment 265586

The end result is almost perfect. I think what's left over of the crease will settle once the jacket has been worn in.
View attachment 265596

Just a few more pics :
View attachment 265598

View attachment 265599

Looking good man, that's one hell of a build.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
As you can see the mock-up jacket wasn't a great fit. Shoulders were bulgy View attachment 265585

View attachment 265586

View attachment 265596

Just a few more pics :
View attachment 265598

View attachment 265599

That really looks good, it's mad the difference a tiny bit less material makes.
How is the back? Does it still have the weird overhanging folded shoulders? Or did you manage to get rid of that too?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB