Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

What's wrong with the fit? Looks great to me. Or should a ask eagle eye @Carlos840 this question? :p
It’s not bad but it is a bit small. I’m finally able to use my high school weight room again. And even in a short time I notice the shoulders getting tighter. Which is both good and bad. And please don’t ask Carlos, I want to continue to enjoy this jacket. LOL.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The Duke for morning stroll with the kiddos. Ended up not taking the hat along, too likely the little one will try to wear it for herself once I picked her up.

8D7AD34B-FE8E-484D-B1FC-2DE043C45E69.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It’s not bad but it is a bit small. I’m finally able to use my high school weight room again. And even in a short time I notice the shoulders getting tighter. Which is both good and bad. And please don’t ask Carlos, I want to continue to enjoy this jacket. LOL.

I'll just play with my jackets in silence, i promise...
Apologies if i am ruining things for some of you, i don't mean to. Just shows you what is going on in my head.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Heres a side shot of the buckles, gussets etc on my 141 for comparison to yours. You can see how all the little panels get their creases and wear in

View attachment 267083 View attachment 267084
thanks so much for the shots. Yeah, mine is similar but a little bit more "clunky". Kind of gathers a lot of material under and behind the arm pit. I actually just took the jacket to a tailor and what we're going to do is sew down the lower part of the biswing back, basically tacking it down about half way up. There was something always off and couldn't figure it out. I compared it to my Schott 118 (where the bi swing/under arm gusset look never bothered me or felt sloppy) and it finally hit me. The 141 biswing goes deeper down. So it's really creating this batwing sort of thing. But now by sewing it down, it'll cinch up the loose, sagging parts under the arm, but still give me the comfort of the biswing across the shoulders, which is where I need it most.

I tried playing around with the elastic on the inside thinking maybe the fit wasn't good, but couldn't get the right result. I'll post some photos with the alteration. If you don't mind, will use your before shots as I forgot to take some.

BTW, not trying to say the biswing is bad or anything. I like it in certain jackets. But for my cafe racer, I really wanted a slim, 2nd skin kind of thing. It was my bad for not buying the right one. Jacket just wasn't fitting my body type. So was just trying to figure out how to save the jacket because I really love the 100 series Schott leather. It's naked aniline and has this really cool gooey, spongy sort of feel.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
thanks so much for the shots. Yeah, mine is similar but a little bit more "clunky". Kind of gathers a lot of material under and behind the arm pit. I actually just took the jacket to a tailor and what we're going to do is sew down the lower part of the biswing back, basically tacking it down about half way up. There was something always off and couldn't figure it out. I compared it to my Schott 118 (where the bi swing/under arm gusset look never bothered me or felt sloppy) and it finally hit me. The 141 biswing goes deeper down. So it's really creating this batwing sort of thing. But now by sewing it down, it'll cinch up the loose, sagging parts under the arm, but still give me the comfort of the biswing across the shoulders, which is where I need it most.

I tried playing around with the elastic on the inside thinking maybe the fit wasn't good, but couldn't get the right result. I'll post some photos with the alteration. If you don't mind, will use your before shots as I forgot to take some.

BTW, not trying to say the biswing is bad or anything. I like it in certain jackets. But for my cafe racer, I really wanted a slim, 2nd skin kind of thing. It was my bad for not buying the right one. Jacket just wasn't fitting my body type. So was just trying to figure out how to save the jacket because I really love the 100 series Schott leather. It's naked aniline and has this really cool gooey, spongy sort of feel.

Im curious to see how your modification turns out!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I'll just play with my jackets in silence, i promise...
Apologies if i am ruining things for some of you, i don't mean to. Just shows you what is going on in my head.
Frankly @Carlos840, i enjoy your reviews and observations. You are always professional, extremely knowledgable and honest. If someone is bold enough to ask how something fits or looks, among a group of perfectionists, then they should be mature enough to not take personally the responses.
I would expect nothing less here. After all that is why people are here, i would hope.
Thanks (but i ain’t gonna ask)
B

Frankly @Carlos840, i enjoy your reviews and observations. You are always professional, extremely knowledgable and honest. If someone is bold enough to ask how something fits or looks, among a group of perfectionists, then they should be mature enough to not take personally the responses.
I would expect nothing less here. After all that is why people are here, i would hope.
Thanks (but i ain’t gonna ask)
B

Yep. He is one I listen to about fit and his jacket reviews are excellent. Plus, we have similar interests in jackets, both ride and seem to prefer similar fits, even though our builds are different. Last, he is the Eagle Eye. With that great power comes great responsibility. He hasn’t Uncle Ben’d me yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy