Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jeo

One Too Many
I reckon you've got several great fitting jackets. This one is great, love the color, but your caboose's are also awesome.

Thanks man, so do you! Your Fields man....damn that thing is nice!

Most of my jackets are off the rack sizes and fit me nicely, but even out of my 3 custom made ones, this one fits me perfectly in every way.

Great jacket and fit!

Thanks!

I love the back design of the Trojan.
ACBE0CED-6BE7-41E9-9A12-7DA924EA7392.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I'll just play with my jackets in silence, i promise...
Apologies if i am ruining things for some of you, i don't mean to. Just shows you what is going on in my head.
Your cred is built on 40 jackets that fit you to a T (I am pretty sure it should say to a T, not to a tee, lol). So even though you may break a lot of hearts, your perspective is quite valuable.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Your cred is built on 40 jackets that fit you to a T (I am pretty sure it should say to a T, not to a tee, lol). So even though you may break a lot of hearts, your perspective is quite valuable.

You are too kind...
I would say that out of the 40+ jackets i have maybe 10 fit me to a T.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Let me rephrase, my sick and troubled mind can find issues with the fit of all but maybe 10 of them...
Ey, 1 out of 4 fitting perfectly is a better score than I have. Lost more than 20 lbs of weight and literally everything I own is too big now. My size 40 Vanson America used to be tight zipped up, now I put on my size 38 (found it super cheap on ebay so I own the America twice now) and I feel like a 36 may fit even better.

The only jackets that currently fit me well is my Johnson Leather modified M-200 and the Aero A2, both jackets which ironically were too tight when I initially received them.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Is there anything left to desire when having so many? Anything on your wishlist currently?

Scarily, yes there is... I actually just closed a deal 3 seconds ago on eBay!

Just got this baby:

4ZGoDV0.jpg

imIvSyj.jpg

It's a jacket i have been looking for for a while but they don't come up super often, i saw one a couple months ago but condition wasn't great and it was missing the belt so i let it go. This one was a bit expensive but the seller accepted an offer. This Vanson and the Lewis Leathers Mk2 are my Steve McQueen Specials!

I also am very interrested by this jacket and have been discussing it with Mark:

https://www.norshorleatherjackets.com/jackets/sztn8l7eq6saudnmslv1nemixxss80

It has a very different vibe/pattern to anything else i have worn before, i am really curious about it.
I also really like the idea of an unlined jacket for summertime.

I am also always on the lookout for anything LW made, if it is my size i will most likely get it, they are IMO the peak of my collection.

I would still love to find a Peter's jacket (Freewheelers San Mateo) in my size, a good Cal CHP, a nice Bates...
All that to say, yes...

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Scarily, yes there is... I actually just closed a deal 3 seconds ago on eBay!

Just got this baby:

4ZGoDV0.jpg

imIvSyj.jpg

It's a jacket i have been looking for for a while but they don't come up super often, i saw one a couple months ago but condition wasn't great and it was missing the belt so i let it go. This one was a bit expensive but the seller accepted an offer. This Vanson and the Lewis Leathers Mk2 are my Steve McQueen Specials!

I also am very interrested by this jacket and have been discussing it with Mark:

https://www.norshorleatherjackets.com/jackets/sztn8l7eq6saudnmslv1nemixxss80

It has a very different vibe/pattern to anything else i have worn before, i am really curious about it.
I also really like the idea of an unlined jacket for summertime.

I am also always on the lookout for anything LW made, if it is my size i will most likely get it, they are IMO the peak of my collection.

I would still love to find a Peter's jacket (Freewheelers San Mateo) in my size, a good Cal CHP, a nice Bates...
All that to say, yes...

Good choice! I was eyeing this style vanson a while back but backed out for fear of it weighing 15lbs or something ! Curious to see fit pics and how this actually wears

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
They only come in brown, as it says on their website. Or are you discussing having one made in black?

Mark can hand dye the russet goat black, the suede side is left as is.
It's a thin coat of black dye and a clear top coat, the leather scratches and wears down to brown.

Edit: actually i have a pic of one of the experiments he made.

I think that the goat being very pebbly has the potential to look great once the "top of the peaks" start wearing and turning brown and the valleys stay black.

Zm7kjkV.jpg

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Good choice! I was eyeing this style vanson a while back but backed out for fear of it weighing 15lbs or something ! Curious to see fit pics and how this actually wears
Indeed, I can only imagine how heavy it must be. I have a similar model, made from heavy denim with quilted lining. Don't know how much it weighs, but it's a lot. You might want to train your trapezius muscles in advance :p
D0A4CF4D-0DE2-42F6-808A-F44AC71A168F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran