What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

As others have already said ... I think the length of the jacket is good, but it is too wide for my taste. But it's not that it looks bad now. If you feel good, perfect. Otherwise I would have waist and hip tapered.

2. Monitor

Monitor

One Star.

And that woolen hoodie is as heavy as it looks.

[​IMG]

3. JustinW

JustinW A-List Customer

Thanks. I think I will probably end-up going down this route. I'm going to contact S-B to see what they say and are willing to do.

navetsea, El Marro and dannyk like this.
  4. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

I also did that with my field leathers because the possible tolerance was used upwards and that was too wide for me at the waistband. I don't see why SB shouldn't do that. I wish you success.

Mrfrown and JustinW like this.
  5. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Another warm day, another Brooks. This one’s also in the classifieds but I’m kind of thinking I should keep it.

7E087CD8-1A5E-4383-AF71-8D842FA20E24.jpeg

navetsea, Jin431, Turnip and 18 others like this.
  6. jeo

jeo A-List Customer

My trusty old LVC today

IMG-5948.jpg IMG-5949.jpg IMG-5951.jpg

7. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I have that one in mint condition. Was going to sell mine too but seeing how cool this looks makes me wonder. It looks much better than most of the snazzy, expenisve cafe racer repops I've seen posted.

Mrfrown likes this.
  8. Too big IMO, JustinW. A slim guy needs a slim jacket to compliment body shape.
    HD

9. Monitor

Monitor

jeo likes this.
  10. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Looks good from here. How does it fit with the heaviest layer you would wear under it? Can always take in the body but then that may be trim and shoulders, chest, sleeves look too loose for the given trimmer body. Depends what ya want

11. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

3EE71625-8F48-4826-84CC-DBA32816CF61.jpeg Buzz rickson b2,,great jacket for cold damp weather

RILO, Jin431, Turnip and 13 others like this.
  12. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

A coolish start to casual Friday, so wearing a vintage work jacket from 1947. I got this off the 'bay 3 or 4 years ago, I was keeping my eye out for one for a while in my size and this one has the action pleat and halfbelt back I was after. Excellent condition. No maker's tag but there is a tag inside the collar that reads "Lined in Earl-Glo" which is, I take it, rayon.

wORK JKT 40S A.jpg wORK JKT 40S B.jpg

navetsea, Jin431, Turnip and 19 others like this.
  13. Corsair42

Corsair42 One of the Regulars

Thats a near perfect leather and I'm getting a tailgunner in it soonish, dont worry about the fit so much, it will drape better as it breaks in, you will lose a surprising amount on the sleeves and it will feel and look very different with a few months of wear. Its all well and good going the super fitted route but its only really comfortable unzipped and/or standing up, I find on aircraft and trains it is totally impractical and a little room with a better drape from breaking is optimal.

JustinW likes this.
  14. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Cal CR came in. I’m psyched. Brand new. Hardly worn. Fit is spot on. Pics to come, I’m in boxer shorts so I’ll spare all of you.

4AC68994-A07E-4837-B6C3-5443E6B87493.jpeg C0FB766E-FB22-425E-8FB4-89442AF7EAA3.jpeg

15. Benny Holiday

What a score! Boxer shorts are true COVID-19 work-from-home wear! lol

feltfan and JMax like this.
  16. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Ha, I have to be very careful when on zoom.

Thanks. I’ve been looking for this jacket for a long time. Never found one in my size, in good enough condition, or for a reasonable price. It all worked out in the end.

17. ton312

ton312

I LOVE that! Been after a gaberdine Halfbelt myself for awhile. I’ve seen a few on Etsy but always really small sizes. Nice man!

Benny Holiday likes this.
  18. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Just beautiful, looks NOS. All you need now is a restored period bike from the 1950s and you are good to go.

JMax likes this.
  19. Benny Holiday

Thanks bud! I'll have to keep an eye out for you. Hard to find 'em without stains/mothing etc.

ton312 likes this.
  20. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Very nice! Are you sure this isn't one of those jackets that's slightly too small for you and just my size?! ;) Believe it or not, I still haven't ventured into the world of Cal vintage yet.

JMax likes this.