Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Jeez this is depressing, but I'm starting to think you are right. Sliming the torso won't help with the sleeves. I think they should have sized me down one. I don't understand why they are so secretive about their sizing when this sort of thing could happen. That said, when I look at the size chart (https://standardandstrange.com/products/black-deerskin-double-riders-jacket) that SxS used for this jacket, that chest looks to be 3" less than mine. Is it possible they were intending to make me a size 38 and did a 40 by mistake? I emailed them yesterday to see what can be done and am still waiting on a response.

Hope you can exchange this or maybe get credit? I saw the side facing photos and looks like the side adjusters are pulled all the way back so it looks like it might be too loose on the waist/hip? I thought my slim fit bootlegger was loose but this has a lot more slack

Pandemic

One Too Many
Hope you can exchange this or maybe get credit? I saw the side facing photos and looks like the side adjusters are pulled all the way back so it looks like it might be too loose on the waist/hip? I thought my slim fit bootlegger was loose but this has a lot more slack

Yeh, I’d say it needs about 8” off the waist.

I’m still waiting for a reply to see what they can do.

Pandemic

One Too Many
^^ 0.8" on both sides or total circumference?

Hope they get back to you soon.

Thanks. Maybe a total 6” circumference off?
8470B1A6-5B88-4C60-AFFC-5329CFA4E70E.jpeg
C799B938-4BBC-4F4A-8837-3F034181E3B9.jpeg
C85BAF55-40FA-462D-91F9-9F2CE439D81A.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Refresh my memory. Did you give them your mid section and bottom hem measurements? Or they just gave you the corresponding size based on your chest?

Now that you opened up the cinches, wow, it's not even close. I think the less measurements you gave them, the better argument you will have since they have this "trust us, we know what we're doing" approach.

I had pretty much given up on going with them before I saw your pics because like I said, I could get nothing from them over like 4 or 5 emails, other than you can adjust things as needed (hard to do when I don't know what I'm starting with). But it was unclear what was going to be an alteration fee, vs a free back/sleeve length, vs. a redesign fee vs. some guru figuring out what I wanted. And that wasn't the point anyway because I wanted to see how close to stock I was right off the bat.

Anyway, the jacket is real nice, so worst case you can probably find a buyer with a beer belly LOL. Not that hard. But hopefully they'll take this back and start over.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The problem with body measurements is how much are they padding the numbers for what kind of fit. It means nothing. That's why I decided to go elsewhere. I don't want someone else figuring out how I want to wear my jacket.

Did they charge you any sort of alteration fee? From what I was able to decipher from my emails. They will do sleeves and back up to a certain point. They can do little tucks to waist/shoulder for like $100 or something like that. Anything extreme (again, who knows what that means because you don't know what you're starting with) is like a complete redesign for $200 or $300.

The less they "customized" this for you, probably the better chance you got to get a credit towards something else.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeh, I gave them actual measurements that I wanted over body measurements in the hope they wouldn’t pad them for a roomy fit.

and do the measurements of the jacket match your given measurements or are there deviations of more than 0.5 "?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
More than our usual numbers on this morning's Harley ride. We had 37 today , in honour of our riding mate turning 90 !
My jacket of choice my Simmons Bilt J100 in black goat. Turned out not to be light enough for today's route and 28C.
Stop and go traffic a lot of it , way too hot at the lights. with 37 bikes it's logistically hard to keep them all together and moving. End destination was Coogee beach south of the Perth metro area. Lovely (expensive!) spot.
WOULD have been the perfect day for the perforated Vanson Comet...

Springer at Cooge beach 7th Nov 20.jpg

Harleys at Coogee 7th Nov 20.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I gave them chest and waist measurements of a jacket that I wanted this to fit like and also gave them actual body measurements.

In the later years of ordering custom clothing, including jackets, I refuse to give anyone my body measurements. Whenever you give people your own measurements, they almost always make something that is way too big for you as your jacket proves unfortunately.

Finally been able to start wearing leather jackets... it's finally cooling down permanently here in socal and I'm thrilled.
Freewheelers Caboose and custom Art Fawcett hat

iqRT5cw.jpg

tbD6QEN.jpg

That's enough jacket for the two of you. That's similar to what my HWM fit. I knew it was off the moment I tried it on.

IMO, Fully cinched, correctly sized, this jacket should literally be skintight. That's the whole point of the side adjusters. Uncinched, you should have about 3" - 4" of space. If there's still room left over even warmest of layers you have, the jacket is too wide.

You're a slim dude, this isn't a jacket you should be wearing. Send it back for a remake. There's no way they'll say "Oh, it's supposed to look like that".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav