Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Gerald Parel

New in Town
SKÄGGERAC vintage Philadelphia Police Jacket
IMG_2976.jpg

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Today, being milder, I am wearing my SEALskin (sorry guys, there is a funny story behind the mistake I made between “shark” and “seal”...maybe one day) custom made Haversack, from that genius of Norihide Koji. Kind of submariners repro inspired...Sorry for the crappy photos...

Attachments

• 20201211_114536.jpg
    20201211_114536.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 682
  • 20201211_114551.jpg
    20201211_114551.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 719
  • 20201211_114630.jpg
    20201211_114630.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Today, being milder, I am wearing my shark skin custom made Haversack, from that genius of Norihide Koji. Kind of submariners repro inspired...Sorry for the crappy photos...
Today, being milder, I am wearing my shark skin custom made Haversack, from that genius of Norihide Koji. Kind of submariners repro inspired...Sorry for the crappy photos...
That's a very cool jacket. Haven't heard of the brand before. Love the design and that grain is amazing.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
That's a very cool jacket. Haven't heard of the brand before. Love the design and that grain is amazing.
Well, Haversack is a quite famous Jap super niche fashion brand (one man band show: Norihide san) and this is one of their few experiment with leather...of course Hide-san went for a very rare and special skin: SEAL (sorry again for my mistake)...Believe me, the grain and the hand of it are outstanding

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
Hey Haversack is nothing to worry about. Please don't go searching for Haversack stuff so I can have more of it for good prices :)

They do a lot of amazing early century style garments so if you're into it you're inluck. A lot of it is on the experimental side with pocket placement different, fabrics, etc.

I love the brand and it is usually cheap to buy it from Japan because not many people know it.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@Albe64 This is such a unique jacket, maybe the most unique one (because of rare sharkskin) in 2020! I really like this one. I know HAVERSACK but wasn't aware that they also make leather (sharkskin) jackets. I suppose the surface is rather rough like a shark. Anyway, I like your jacket and style!

Albe64

One of the Regulars
@Albe64 This is such a unique jacket, maybe the most unique one (because of rare sharkskin) in 2020! I really like this one. I know HAVERSACK but wasn't aware that they also make leather (sharkskin) jackets. I suppose the surface is rather rough like a shark. Anyway, I like your jacket and style!
Thank you! I have to say that, together with my white Himel’s, this is the most peculiar jacket I have and people go crazy when they see it... To be frank with you, Norihide doesn’t usually make leather garments, mainly due to the price point...What happened is that I met him in Firenze, at Pitti Uomo, a couple years ago and he was wearing this crazy SEALskin jacket...I tried it on, we shoot a couple of photos, and he agreed in making another one for me. I cannot be thankful enough to Hide-san for letting me wearing this gem. I am happy you appreciate it as it’s something different from the current taste...

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I had never seen a sharkskin jacket before this one, only seen it used in boots. Looks really good!

@Monitor @red devil I know from watch strap makers that red sharkskin is available. Why not on jackets??
Di-Modell-Sharkskin-Red(1of3)a.jpg

I don't regularly check this thread, thanks @Robbie79 for getting me here. I would definitely make a jacket of this red... would only need to figure out who to ask for it.
Also need to find out where to buy this red shark skin, do you have any info?

Edit: typo, this idea is a lot of fun, already thinking of possibilities :D

Albe64

One of the Regulars
I had never seen a sharkskin jacket before this one, only seen it used in boots. Looks really good!

I don't regularly check this thread, thanks @Robbie79 for getting me here. I would definitely make a jacket of this red... would only need to figure out who to ask for it.
Also need to find out where to buy this red shark skin, do you have any info?

Edit: typo, this idea is a lot of fun, already thinking of possibilities :D
I don’t know where to buy red sharkskin...I guess Norihide bought his from a Japanese tannery...

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! I have to say that, together with my white Himel’s, this is the most peculiar jacket I have and people go crazy when they see it... To be frank with you, Norihide doesn’t usually make leather garments, mainly due to the price point...What happened is that I met him in Firenze, at Pitti Uomo, a couple years ago and he was wearing this crazy sharkskin jacket...I tried it on, we shoot a couple of photos, and he agreed in making another one for me. I cannot be thankful enough to Hide-san for letting me wearing this gem. I am happy you appreciate it as it’s something different from the current taste...

Very interesting choice of hide. The jacket is gorgeous! Wondering how it is to the touch and any idea how they tanned it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot