Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
My new to me Aero A-1, formerly the brainchild of @dudewuttheheck and made by Greg Field when he was still with Aero.

Badalassi tobacco cowhide and olive knits and thread. I always loved Aero’s A-1 design even more so than the more accurate reproductions on the market today, so I’m pretty pleased with this so far to handle it in person. The leather is stunning and it’s such a good match for the olive knits and thread. It’s a bit squeaky, thinner than I had anticipated it would be (in a good way), and has beautiful depth to it. It doesn’t drape tremendously yet, but I imagine this will improve with time and wear as this jacket is virtually brand new.

View attachment 293440 View attachment 293444 View attachment 293445 View attachment 293446 View attachment 293447

This is a size 40 tag, but I’m a 42 normally. I do like the buttoned up fit better and plan to wear it like that mostly, but in time I think it will drape better once really broken in.

Overall, I think my larger shoulders and height make this fit work better for me than @dudewuttheheck and I am glad it eventually traveled down the line and ended up in my hands. Special thanks to @huy tran for the sale.

This fits better on you. I'm sure @dudewuttheheck got this jacket made with you in mind. Congratulations on a great pick up. Tobacco badalassi is so cool! Enjoy the squeaks!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Breaking in this beast! Did my proprietary break in process. Working with damon at JL to figure out what horween black leather to use for its identical twin. overdye, tumbled overdye, or Milan which is veg tan and a little softer and lighter at 3 oz vs cxl at 3.5 oz. Any suggestions? Leaning toward milan. These two will be the only leather ponies in the stable at the moment. I am thinking a little lighter and softer should be great for riding in the spring. Make up should be end of jan / early feb. anyone have the milan? I think SB uses it
View attachment 291511

The Milan is nice, it's a little stiff but still soft to the touch. It's not shiny in real life but still not as flat as the overdye. I'll take a photo of the jacket they have on the shop when I pick up the brown cxl jacket they are trimming down for me.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. P, more photos of that home, or at least a description. It looks really cool. The kind of place I want to retire. Away from the sh..stuff. Nature around. Less humans. All that.

This is just the boathouse of the paddle club. It looks better in the picture than it is. It stands on a wall between the Harbor and the Danube river.
Harbor:
707888F5-3309-4792-B7B7-88EBC2251152.jpeg

Danube River:
8FEA5CA6-9CDE-4AFD-9E4E-0D74463522E6.jpeg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
My new to me Aero A-1, formerly the brainchild of @dudewuttheheck and made by Greg Field when he was still with Aero.

Badalassi tobacco cowhide and olive knits and thread. I always loved Aero’s A-1 design even more so than the more accurate reproductions on the market today, so I’m pretty pleased with this so far to handle it in person. The leather is stunning and it’s such a good match for the olive knits and thread. It’s a bit squeaky, thinner than I had anticipated it would be (in a good way), and has beautiful depth to it. It doesn’t drape tremendously yet, but I imagine this will improve with time and wear as this jacket is virtually brand new.

View attachment 293440 View attachment 293444 View attachment 293445 View attachment 293446 View attachment 293447

This is a size 40 tag, but I’m a 42 normally. I do like the buttoned up fit better and plan to wear it like that mostly, but in time I think it will drape better once really broken in.

Overall, I think my larger shoulders and height make this fit work better for me than @dudewuttheheck and I am glad it eventually traveled down the line and ended up in my hands. Special thanks to @huy tran for the sale.

Wow that fits you so much better than it fit me! Looks incredible. The leather on that jacket really is incredible. Hope to see you get it to really develop.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

That jacket looked absolutely awful on the first owner, but it fits you really good! Congratulations on the new jacket!

Fonzie

One Too Many

Finally that jacket has found its rightful owner! Well done!

marker2037

Practically Family
That’s a great jacket for you... couldn’t ask for a better fit.

This fits better on you. I'm sure @dudewuttheheck got this jacket made with you in mind. Congratulations on a great pick up. Tobacco badalassi is so cool! Enjoy the squeaks!

Wow that fits you so much better than it fit me! Looks incredible. The leather on that jacket really is incredible. Hope to see you get it to really develop.

That jacket looked absolutely awful on the first owner, but it fits you really good! Congratulations on the new jacket!

Finally that jacket has found its rightful owner! Well done!

Thanks guys! It's funny because it's this jacket that made me start following @dudewuttheheck on IG, so clearly it was indeed always intended to be in my hands. I'm glad I never ended up ordering it from Aero direct as I originally planned to :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto