Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Motocann

One Too Many
This is a Pure Blue Double Black Sashiko Type III jacket, I picked up from Rivet & Hide. For fit reference, I measure 38" - this is a medium. I love the way this jacket fits, more like a shirt than a jacket. Beautiful denim, not stiff at all and very comfortable to wear.
PBD.jpg

powerserge

One of the Regulars
That Himel Canuck is nice! What's the back look like when you button? It's tight, but it definitely fits you well.
Here’s a picture I took when I first got it whilst it’s buttoned up.
A9A07F46-B8CB-4923-8AAA-A9360A44165F.jpeg
627A581C-7BC3-46A5-BB21-30C6C095B931.jpeg

That's quite the jacket for a starters jacket. It looks great on you. Beautiful color too. This might as well be an endgame jacket but I hope it's not :)

Congrats
Thanks! I figured to go ahead and get what I actually wanted rather than settle for something similar. I’ve played that game before with boots and feel like you end up spending more money in the long run. The design and the color is what drew me in the first place. Knowing how it goes for everyone else here, it definitely won’t be the last lol. It’ll be a keeper for sure

Motocann

One Too Many
Here’s a picture I took when I first got it whilst it’s buttoned up.
View attachment 307700 View attachment 307701

Thanks! I figured to go ahead and get what I actually wanted rather than settle for something similar. I’ve played that game before with boots and feel like you end up spending more money in the long run. The design and the color is what drew me in the first place. Knowing how it goes for everyone else here, it definitely won’t be the last lol. It’ll be a keeper for sure
From what I see... that jacket fits you perfectly. You scored!

powerserge

One of the Regulars
From what I see... that jacket fits you perfectly. You scored!

looks good from the back, doesn't look small at all, maybe just leather still crisp, and pulling at the button point on the chest

@powerserge that actually looks perfect from the back. As @navetsea said, the leather may just need to break in. From the back, it does not look too tight at all. Should break in nicely and be an absolutely incredible fitting jacket.
This being my first jacket made me quite self-conscious and unsure of how everything is supposed to be. But thanks for all the feedback and really glad to be apart of this community!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Well, my first ever leather jacket is here! Himel Canuck in Shinki Med. Brown oil tanned. I’ve had it for about a week and half or so. Wanted to post some pictures and see what you lot think about the fit. To me the area that I could have gone a bit bigger is the chest. Other than that I think it fits pretty well and sure do love wearing it. I do have another Himel coming soon (Heron) and will make a dedicated post with initial pictures when it comes in.
View attachment 307673
View attachment 307672

Looks great. Fit is certainly trim but nothing that should bother you if it feels alright for you.
A very nice first. The bonus is that it will age beautifully. Himel’ oil tan shinki is like nothing else.

powerserge

One of the Regulars
Looks great. Fit is certainly trim but nothing that should bother you if it feels alright for you.
A very nice first. The bonus is that it will age beautifully. Himel’ oil tan shinki is like nothing else.
It’s trim for sure but still able to move around with only a bit of resistance. I’m super excited to see how it will wear, pretty much haven’t stopped wearing it since I got it. I’m also interested to see how it will compare to my incoming Heron which will be in Med brown pigment finish.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, my first ever leather jacket is here! Himel Canuck in Shinki Med. Brown oil tanned. I’ve had it for about a week and half or so. Wanted to post some pictures and see what you lot think about the fit. To me the area that I could have gone a bit bigger is the chest. Other than that I think it fits pretty well and sure do love wearing it. I do have another Himel coming soon (Heron) and will make a dedicated post with initial pictures when it comes in.

Looks great -- congrats! If my Canucks fit that good, I would still own them.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
It’s trim for sure but still able to move around with only a bit of resistance. I’m super excited to see how it will wear, pretty much haven’t stopped wearing it since I got it. I’m also interested to see how it will compare to my incoming Heron which will be in Med brown pigment finish.

Yes, wear it, break it in, and don't give it a second thought in terms of fit. It is literally as perfect as any jacket I've seen here, both front & back. Congratuations on nailing it the first time!

As to the Carhartts, 100% agree. Especially as we've having much cooler temps now, the tighter weave of these "ridgid" models keep the cold out better, and they break in and fit great, never in the way. Plus - under $60 for a pair that will last for many years.

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
My third post and the third jacket... This time I am giving my Rainbow Country Sports Jacket some air in winter conditions. Just love the quality of the hide and the craftmanship on this one. No use for filters when the leather has that kind of glow! The shoes I bought from my good neighbour, Lars, at Østmoboots.
IMG_20210206_124937.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
My third post and the third jacket... This time I am giving my Rainbow Country Sports Jacket some air in winter conditions. Just love the quality of the hide and the craftmanship on this one. No use for filters when the leather has that kind of glow! The shoes I bought from my good neighbour, Lars, at Østmoboots.
View attachment 307803

Ok, you scored 3/3. Can’t decide which of your jackets I like most. What a splendid collection!

Extra point for exchanging the Casio for a more mechanical variant...;)

Cornelius

Practically Family
As to the Carhartts, 100% agree. Especially as we've having much cooler temps now, the tighter weave of these "ridgid" models keep the cold out better, and they break in and fit great, never in the way. Plus - under $60 for a pair that will last for many years.

Yeah the double-fronts are a great pattern, I've worn out a couple of pair, they last for years. Especially great for welding shops (that double layer over the thigh gives you an extra split-second if you slip with an angle grinder). Only two improvements I would suggest: the 'double-front' should come up higher on the leg, as they always wear-through at the bottom of the pocket bag before anywhere else on the leg [due to keys, etc]; a gusseted crotch would add a year or two to their life - this is always the point where mine fail first. In fact I feel like all the Carhartt trousers in my current rotation already have patches/reinforcements in that area. Only reason I switched to Arborwear for new purchases, even though the pocketing layout is inferior, imho, to Carhartt.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Heavyweight Black Bravestar and secondhand army field coat for a gloomy day. 2 more weeks of quarantine lined up after my little one had close COVID exposure at school. I work in hospice and have gotten my vaccination, can’t wait for it to be more widely available. Until then, will keep fighting the slog.

5B5C0457-1C94-48DE-B34D-32837898DDF9.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy