Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Bingo, we have a winner!

@ton312 asked my to proxy this H&M jacket for him. At first I thought he wasn't feeling well. Did he really ask me to buy a mall jacket for him and send it across the pond? Then he sent me this link to a WJAYWT post from 2019

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...you-wearing-today.82949/page-812#post-2546494

He had been searching for this H&M jacket ever since :) He loves the simplicity of it. It's actually a nice jacket, much better quality than I was expecting.

Edit : typo

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Was going to say the same and I hope it's not a terrible breach of TFL etiquette to say I really don't like this one! Sorry! But anyway if you like it that's all that matters, not the random opinion of some random guy off the internet...

I stand by to be suitably embarrassed and mortified when you reveal it's by one of my favourite revered makers... But anyway to dig my hole good and deep: I think the zips look nasty to me, it's cut short so the two way zip is anyway redundant, the cut and fit has that too tight in (mostly) the wrong places fashion fit, especially in the upper arms/shoulders, it's close fitting on the chest (as it should be) but it's straight down and doesn't taper so not so flattering at the waist where it should be trim, plus a shirt collar on a cafe racer isn't my favourite look especially if it doesn't snap down for when going fast (which is what a cafe racer is meant to be all about...). So it just comes off as a faux mixed up pastiche jacket to me.

Otherwise I love it! ;).

Sorry! I normally try to follow the maxim of if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. But this one slipped by my internal censor with a little help from some decent wine. I hope no offence caused - none intended. And at least now you know that when I hit like on your lovely Thedi earlier today I meant it...
Now this is the type of comment that I love and appreciate. I think here at TFL it should be ok to vent our opinion on some lounger's jacket, whether it's positive or negative. And you did so in a very polite, non-insulting and well substantiated manner. And I agree with you on all points. You have a very sharp eye. Chapeau.

Now this is easy for me to say because it's not my jacket. But even if it were I would feel the same. Without honest feedback on my jackets I won't be able to do better next time. Keep on doing what you're doing, I appreciate your style :)

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
14C start today , felt "cool" (sorry guys !) but the forecast was for 35C and humid on the return journey.
So it was the Vanson perforated Comet. Just fine for the outward southern coastal,cool on the move and bearable at lights.
Came home PM north on the inland freeway at 100 Km/H , still felt like riding into a hairdryer ! Even with the perforations.
Parked up in the beer garden of a riverside pub. "Perfecto !"...

Vanson perforated cafe racer 13th Feb 2.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Bingo, we have a winner!

@ton312 asked my to proxy this H&M jacket for him. At first I thought he wasn't feeling well. Did he really ask me to buy a mall jacket for him and send it across the pond? Then he sent me this link to a WJAYWT post from 2019

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...you-wearing-today.82949/page-812#post-2546494

He had been searching for this H&M jacket ever since :) He loves the simplicity of it. It's actually a nice jacket, much better quality than I was expecting.

Edit : typo

When someone writes a book about @ton312 in 50 years, this will be known as his "return to basics period", the time where he sold all his "nice" jackets and became a man of the people, wearing 5 star and H&M without shame or fear of judgement...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
When someone writes a book about @ton312 in 50 years, this will be known as his "return to basics period", the time where he sold all his "nice" jackets and became a man of the people, wearing 5 star and H&M without shame or fear of judgement...
I wonder what will be next after @ton312 had Shawn/5* make him all the halfbelt styles he could think of.
Has he had an ostentatious ridiculously expense fashion jacket period yet?
8C8EE090-0E86-4727-9EC9-E7BCBCBBDF23.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I wonder what will be next after @ton312 had Shawn/5* make him all the halfbelt styles he could think of.
Has he had an ostentatious ridiculously expense fashion jacket period yet?
View attachment 309570

He has not, and i really much look forward to it.
I wonder if Shawn would copy that jacket for him? Lets start a gofundme...

Mich486

One Too Many
I had a cross-zip from H&M (was around 8-10yrs ago) made out of what seems to me the same leather as @ton312 jacket which I think is cowhide and it was pretty thick if I remember correctly. It was from the premium (in an H&M sort of way) line and it cost close to £150/£200.

The problem I had with that jacket were the forearms which were just too narrow. Paired with the thick leather believe it or not it gave me bruises.

Was going to say the same and I hope it's not a terrible breach of TFL etiquette to say I really don't like this one! Sorry! But anyway if you like it that's all that matters, not the random opinion of some random guy off the internet...

I stand by to be suitably embarrassed and mortified when you reveal it's by one of my favourite revered makers... But anyway to dig my hole good and deep: I think the zips look nasty to me, it's cut short so the two way zip is anyway redundant, the cut and fit has that too tight in (mostly) the wrong places fashion fit, especially in the upper arms/shoulders, it's close fitting on the chest (as it should be) but it's straight down and doesn't taper so not so flattering at the waist where it should be trim, plus a shirt collar on a cafe racer isn't my favourite look especially if it doesn't snap down for when going fast (which is what a cafe racer is meant to be all about...). So it just comes off as a faux mixed up pastiche jacket to me.

Otherwise I love it! ;).

Sorry! I normally try to follow the maxim of if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. But this one slipped by my internal censor with a little help from some decent wine. I hope no offence caused - none intended. And at least now you know that when I hit like on your lovely Thedi earlier today I meant it...
The beauty of this place. Everything you don’t like about it, I do! To me this jacket is essentially nothing more than a Vanson Mercury with a two way front zip. I’m sure the folks at H&M had a good hard look at that jacket when they put this one out. I suppose the irony lies in the fact that the hide on this actually looks better than what Vanson currently offers as comp weight!
I hope it fits!
A9D0A1C9-D15C-4483-825A-82B76A226DDD.jpeg

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many
The beauty of this place. Everything you don’t like about it, I do! To me this jacket is essentially nothing more than a Vanson Mercury with a two way front zip. I’m sure the folks at H&M had a good hard look at that jacket when they put this one out. I suppose the irony lies in the fact that the hide on this actually looks better than what Vanson currently offers as comp weight!
I hope it fits!
View attachment 309603
Let me know if it doesn’t. ;)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I’ve often wondered if other people received their LW’s in the same box. I know a few have. I wonder though...is it a “thing”? Of course it doesn’t matter, but it’s lhilarious nonetheless.
Imagine, during weekdays he's Stuart. On Saturday nights when going out to the local bar he'd liked to be called Stuartina, or maybe Stuwette :p :p :p

Edit: goes without saying that there's nothing against that of course.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko