Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dwilson

A-List Customer
I honestly forget I own this jacket. I always thought it fit me weird but looking at these pics I think it fits pretty decent.

Fullcount, black steerhide. Not sure on tannery or all that since I bought it on mega clearance like 6 years ago from Blue In Green. AFAIK Fullcount isn't exactly known for their leather goods. Its really well put together, though. Really nice diamond quilted lining too.
IMG_0005.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
not going to lie, I've been to their site a few times checking some of the truckers out, mostly because of how damn good it looks on you. On the hunt for a used one because I can't bring myself to spend that much new anymore. Probably will be a long wait, so in the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you.

56DeSoto

Familiar Face
New arrival. Took a shot at a weird Golden Bear on eBay labeled as "Slater and Son." Closer inspection reveals it is indeed a Golden Bear made in San Francisco. Unexpectedly, it's goat leather. I've never had a goat leather jacket before, but I'm digging the color. It's surprisingly weighty considering how slinky the goat is. I can't find much about it other than confirming its origin. It seems like it might have been a collab that was sold through Gilt, or otherwise perhaps a sample jacket?

It was being sold as a women's jacket, but it's clearly a men's. But I think it works because it's so supple, it can accommodate what I need. Fit is pretty solid, arms a touch long, but that's not necessarily bad news for my constantly cold hands. My modeling is less than stellar, but, hey, we'll go with it.

goldenbear.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
not going to lie, I've been to their site a few times checking some of the truckers out, mostly because of how damn good it looks on you. On the hunt for a used one because I can't bring myself to spend that much new anymore. Probably will be a long wait, so in the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you.

I see them for sale used. Not sure what size or price you need.

I waited a few years to get one. I'm very pleased.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I see them for sale used. Not sure what size or price you need.

I waited a few years to get one. I'm very pleased.
I'm probably one size under you, 6'0 185 lbs, 42 inch chest, 33 pant size so about a 20 bottom hem usually does the trick. I see them on buyee but it's always a gamble with the japanese sizing. although I heard these run truer to size.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm probably one size under you, 6'0 185 lbs, 42 inch chest, 33 pant size so about a 20 bottom hem usually does the trick. I see them on buyee but it's always a gamble with the japanese sizing. although I heard these run truer to size.

The 44 in the Fine Creek may work for you. I bought the 46 because it was available. I would like to try on a 44. I saw a 44 for sale somewhere. I don't know if each Trucker Style is different sized. My 46 is a lot of leather. They have a Lost Worlds feel, best comparison I can make. Felt like that when I opened the box.

New arrival. Took a shot at a weird Golden Bear on eBay labeled as "Slater and Son." Closer inspection reveals it is indeed a Golden Bear made in San Francisco. Unexpectedly, it's goat leather. I've never had a goat leather jacket before, but I'm digging the color. It's surprisingly weighty considering how slinky the goat is. I can't find much about it other than confirming its origin. It seems like it might have been a collab that was sold through Gilt, or otherwise perhaps a sample jacket?

It was being sold as a women's jacket, but it's clearly a men's. But I think it works because it's so supple, it can accommodate what I need. Fit is pretty solid, arms a touch long, but that's not necessarily bad news for my constantly cold hands. My modeling is less than stellar, but, hey, we'll go with it.

View attachment 312308
This worked out well! It’s a great color on you, and goat seems to be a nice hide. The sleeves can be shortened if you ‘d like. There are a couple of places we recommend around here.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The 44 in the Fine Creek may work for you. I bought the 46 because it was available. I would like to try on a 44. I saw a 44 for sale somewhere. I don't know if each Trucker Style is different sized. My 46 is a lot of leather. They have a Lost Worlds feel, best comparison I can make. Felt like that when I opened the box.
yeah, I was thinking 42 based on the sizing on the site, but truckers tend to fit weirder than usual. Seem to have wider shoulders and tighter p2p. that's the main problem. Dropping $1k and taking a gamble it fits it's tough. I don't have enough points of reference, but knowing yours is a 46 helps some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points