Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Schambach

Practically Family
I guess this shows that you have to take a seller's measurements with a grain of salt. It was stated as 22" pit to pit. I measured it today and it's actually 24" (stretched tight). My chest measures 41-41.5". Anyone in the UK or Europe (subject to red tape) want to work out a trade for something more suitable? I should put something in the classified.

That seems to happen a lot with p2p measurements. Nice jacket otherwise!

Reactions: TMP

powersci

One of the Regulars
Let's play good news, bad news.

Good news: I bought @ton312's Bravestar sherpa lined jacked: it fits perfectly and pairs well with a henley. It also kept me comfortably warm on another mid-40s walk with the dog (pictured behind me, haha).

y07BAqyl.jpg

Bad news: It fits great! That means anytime he sells something I know it's going to fit me. I better lock up my wallet.

giphy.gif

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
thedi getting some love before it gets too hot for the shearling. It's a little boxy in the torso which is surprising because by the pure measurements, it shouldn't even fit me. But the leather has got a way to go to break in more and then hopefully I'll get a better drape.

jpGwdqS.jpg
cX5jWk8.jpg

Great fit and score on this! Love the collar!

Just excellent!
Thank you @sweetfights

Let's play good news, bad news.

Good news: I bought @ton312's Bravestar sherpa lined jacked: it fits perfectly and pairs well with a henley. It also kept me comfortably warm on another mid-40s walk with the dog (pictured behind me, haha).

y07BAqyl.jpg

Bad news: It fits great! That means anytime he sells something I know it's going to fit me. I better lock up my wallet.

giphy.gif
You are in for a treat with yours truly @ton312

Getting warmer so lightweight Score CR is out:

View attachment 312916

View attachment 312918

Is that a vintage find too? Great fit but that buckle is so strong! Nice

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Great fit and score on this! Love the collar!

Thank you @sweetfights

You are in for a treat with yours truly @ton312

Is that a vintage find too? Great fit but that buckle is so strong! Nice
Thanks, @Jin431. Yes, the Score jacket is a vintage find. And the buckle is from Japan, solid brass. I made the belt myself from a leather blank. It is not too difficult, and with the right hardware one can have a nice belt for a fraction of the cost.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, @Jin431. Yes, the Score jacket is a vintage find. And the buckle is from Japan, solid brass. I made the belt myself from a leather blank. It is not too difficult, and with the right hardware one can have a nice belt for a fraction of the cost.
why make so many belt holes though, I have similar plan to buy blank belt myself and a hole puncher, but I will only punch one hole on it:).

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Got it. I've been weary of vintage jackets but seeing all these nice looking cafe racers really got me thinking! Thanks for sharing the info about the belt, never knew you could get a leather blank. Does it involve stitching around the buckle? Super cool buckle, that's the nicest one I've seen.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
why make so many belt holes though, I have similar plan to buy blank belt myself and a hole puncher, but I will only punch one hole on it:).
That is a good idea. I punched them 1/2-in apart, and only use two or three, depending on the weight of my jeans (they range from 22-oz to 12-oz) and how tight I want the belt. When punching I just went with my old commercial belt to mark the holes, but did not consider just punching one or two holes. Good idea, my next belt will have one hole, and if I need more I'll just punch more. :)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Got it. I've been weary of vintage jackets but seeing all these nice looking cafe racers really got me thinking! Thanks for sharing the info about the belt, never knew you could get a leather blank. Does it involve stitching around the buckle? Super cool buckle, that's the nicest one I've seen.
Yeah, I am getting my blanks from Weaver Leather, English Bridle leather. Couple of my belts are from14-oz blanks - no more wimpy commercial belts. The Japanese hardware I get from Smoky Sumi - look him up on eBay or the internet. Solid, sand-cast brass - no more wimpy cheap buckles! I don't stitch but use brass Chicago screws to hold the buckle in place. I got a rotary hole puncher for $19 on eBay and that thing is a beast. Lots of fun making belts, recommended!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Horsehide Schott Perfecto. Just passing through on its way to @Monitor . I think with the addition of yet another Perfecto you do owe us a comprehensive and in depth review of your Schott Perfecto collection @Monitor
BEC521B7-29D7-4B4E-80E7-B162FC558634.jpeg

692E9F08-F998-407F-8691-15AEA8AAB210.jpeg

edit: this is one of the nicest Schotts I've handled. Nice leather, neatly stitched without major flaws and the proportions are right.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk