What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. dwilson

dwilson One of the Regulars

I've seen some lost in translation instances where Japanese retailers say something is suede when it is actually roughout. For example when I was ordering things off global Rakuten they had red wings which I knew were roughout boots but translated to suede. Not sure if you speak the language better than myself and Google translate but it was a pretty common occurence for me.

dudewuttheheck and dannyk like this.
  2. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Has been vibes? Now that’s funny AF lol.

Monitor likes this.
  3. Whitters

Whitters One of the Regulars

Slightly warmer today...
    Apologies for the exceptionally sloppy tuck...
    20210303_173921.jpg 20210303_173956.jpg

4. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

Padded Cal arrived. Measurements are overall OK, except in the ptp (too much by an inch). Leather is midweight, very supple and comfortable. One more jacket for the bike, it was a pretty good deal, thanks to @ton312.

Padded Cal fit-1-2.jpg Padded Cal fit-1-4.jpg

5. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

Mall Jacket Throwdown Wednesdays (in the spirit of Ton's jacket showcase)

Here's my submission. Guppy posted this Gap Trucker in the Finds & Deals thread. Jumper gave me assertion to grab it (along with another one). Problem was it's a XL. Had to do a major shrinking job on it (like 3 days in the dryer and about 5 washes. Took an inch off each major measurement). Don't be jealous, but I now have the first "Shrinki" (thanks to @Jumper for the name) and will be trademarking the name. I'll start off with some before and after. But want to quickly note how amazing this leather is. Probably about 10 different shades of brown. Classic pull up leather that's a tan/blonde at it's core. The color has darkened some because I had to apply conditioner after all the drying, but it's slowly lightening up. It's currently like a very light caramel with hints of russet but blonde undertone. Very thick, probably some of the condensing from the shrinking as well. Fit isn't 100% to my liking, but close enough.

Out of the box. More lighter tan, nice patina, but was dry and huge on me:
    [​IMG]

After the washing and drying and conditioning. Lost some of the patina and "scaling", but this jacket is set up for the next 20 years now, so hoping to get that back.

[​IMG]

Pull up effect:

[​IMG]

Out in the wild:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bruce Lee DJing Tshirt from Target for extra mall store points:

[​IMG]

Mrfrown, El Marro, Zoo and 26 others like this.
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Inquiring minds have wanted to see more photos of the Blackend Brown Vicenza Aero Ridley, so here are some in good light with a different camera angle. This is today. Gives an idea why this is a hard item to really describe...

DSC_0573.JPG DSC_0574.JPG DSC_0575.JPG

Compare these to Saturday just in the cab of my truck, same jacket, no more wear - so only a few days earlier.

IMG_0733.jpg

7. yellowfever

yellowfever One of the Regulars

Weather sunny and warm enough for a shorter/thinner jacket today so decided to wear a sunny jacket to match...

BBBDF580-A065-4804-8038-EDA9A14DD669.jpeg 06180354-965F-40D3-ACA5-C53451B5173E.jpeg

8. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Robbie79 and dannyk like this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor

Lemme test my UK jacket knowledge - TT Leathers!

King B, ton312, JMax and 2 others like this.
  10. ton312

ton312

I vote Wolf leathers!

King B likes this.
  11. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Is that neat yellow jacket a Langlitz with padded shoulders?

12. yellowfever

yellowfever One of the Regulars

Thanks for kind words/interest. I can reveal it’s none of the above! Though some good guesses.

Actually it’s a little seen Speedman leathers/Speedman motorcycle clothing jacket, probably from mid to late 1970’s (or possibly early 1980’s) in the ultra rare yellow. Not much I can find on Speedman, but I think they were a London based shop that got stuff made for them by Highwayman.

“01” London phone number prefix on some of their labels suggests that - at most - they existed from 1966 - 1990, but my guess is they were only around in 1970s/1980s. Some jackets have a “made especially for Speedman by Highwayman leathers” label though this example does not. It does however look identical to the Ricarde Deluxe model made by Highwayman and features the exact same mix of zips (Clix main, plus lightning and opti pocket and sleeve zips). Other UK motorbike leather companies of the era had similar models. For instance, TT leathers and MW leathers made essentially the same jacket, Interstate had one with only small differences like double buckles and more extensive padding, whilst the lancer front version of Lewis Leathers Phantom jacket looks quite similar too.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Mrfrown, BobJ, Zoo and 7 others like this.
  13. Cornelius

Cornelius Practically Family

Woah on the DJ Bruce Lee shirt. Target? Back in the late '90s a California zine called Giant Robot used to sell t-shirts with that photo & the line "Bruce Made Tapes". Wore mine until a girlfriend copped it in the early aughts, was very popular.

14. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

yep from Target. Someone photoshopped in the turn table and mixer set. But mine doesn't have that tag line. That would be even cooler.

Cornelius and Tom71 like this.
  15. hoipac

hoipac New in Town

Iron heart x self edge battle jacket today AB51BC01-96E5-4C48-BC80-225F575CD1C3.jpeg

16. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Damn! I love this jacket. That chestpocket is genius. IMG_20210304_085312.jpg

17. JustinW

JustinW Practically Family

Rad jacket! It really suits you, too. Well done.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  18. dwilson

dwilson One of the Regulars

Trying out my Flat Head dressed down today with a looser fitting pant leg
    IMG_0016.jpg

19. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

JMax,
    I own some Filson vests made before they abandoned the numerical sizing and a couple of the newer ones as well. As far as I can tell a size L vest is the exact same size as the old 44 was. This means you would probably find the M a bit too tight and the L will probably fit well with a bit of room.

JMax likes this.
  20. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

The sleeves are too long and I think everything would flow better with a pair of black or brown boots instead of the white tennis shoes.
    Having said that, the outfit looks just fine and any group that would be posting snarky comments about you is a group that I would avoid. Don’t give those asshats another minute of your time, seriously!

AeroFan_07, Whitters and Fonzie like this.