Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Wellness check so you know I haven’t sold it. LOL. It’s actually been far too warm for leather this past week or so but that seems to be coming to an end. 1-3 of snow on Monday. The morale killer. That aside I don’t think I’ve ever liked a jacket as much as this emerald Aero.
View attachment 317802 View attachment 317803

That colour is so unique. I understand why you like it so much!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wellness check so you know I haven’t sold it. LOL. It’s actually been far too warm for leather this past week or so but that seems to be coming to an end. 1-3 of snow on Monday. The morale killer. That aside I don’t think I’ve ever liked a jacket as much as this emerald Aero.
View attachment 317802 View attachment 317803
The jacket is pure madness. My envy is with you lol

BobJ

Practically Family
Thank you, it is an experimental idea, but the color now is easier to love than few months back and still a long journey ahead. View attachment 317164
From this
View attachment 317167
And from this
View attachment 317170

When I first saw the photos of this jacket, BEFORE I saw the last photo where it's on you, I had the distinct thought that this jacket looks like something navetsea would design and wear. What I'm trying to say, is that you now have a recognizable style, like Thedi... or Beethoven!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
In my case, the blackened brown is more in the direction of espresso colors.
Actually black, but the brown undertone shimmers through. In some places it is actually already more brown than black.
I think you won the blackened brown lottery! That hide with the pattern and the fit is just a winner!

Thanks Jin! The jeans are 3 year old sugarcane 1947, I wore them daily for almost a year and a half. Lots of home made repairs on them ;)
Wow! That's crazy to wear something so religiously for so long but wow how it turned out! Great job on the repairs!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
When I first saw the photos of this jacket, BEFORE I saw the last photo where it's on you, I had the distinct thought that this jacket looks like something navetsea would design and wear. What I'm trying to say, is that you now have a recognizable style, like Thedi... or Beethoven!
wow, thanks

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I think you won the blackened brown lottery! That hide with the pattern and the fit is just a winner!

Wow! That's crazy to wear something so religiously for so long but wow how it turned out! Great job on the repairs!

The repairs are very very amateurish, but they look alright from a distance ;). For some reason I don’t feel the need at all to even own multiple pairs of jeans whereas with jackets I’ll put on a different one every time I’m going out. Jeans, I’ll just buy a pair and wear them down and then buy a new pair 1-2 years later when they’re no longer presentable. These sugarcanes are the only ones I’ve not thrown in the trash at that point. I pull them out now and again. I’ve considered buying a new pair, but after discovering Wrangler cowboy fit I have a hard time justifying paying 2-300 $ for jeans.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
The repairs are very very amateurish, but they look alright from a distance ;). For some reason I don’t feel the need at all to even own multiple pairs of jeans whereas with jackets I’ll put on a different one every time I’m going out. Jeans, I’ll just buy a pair and wear them down and then buy a new pair 1-2 years later when they’re no longer presentable. These sugarcanes are the only ones I’ve not thrown in the trash at that point. I pull them out now and again. I’ve considered buying a new pair, but after discovering Wrangler cowboy fit I have a hard time justifying paying 2-300 $ for jeans.

The repairs is what makes it work, that's a great job and prolonged the wear time of the pants. That's how I feel too, the jackets rotations is a must and I just need a few well fitting jeans since I wear a uniform to work and rarely wear jeans/jackets lol. I never had to wear a pair so hard for extended periods of time that I had to throw it away so that is something foreign to me. Lucky you finding your denim heaven!

Vanson E. Just picked up out of storage. This is a softer, gentler CW. I really like it. A tad long for my riding tastes but it is so soft that it isn’t bothersome. Plus, when I reach for my bars I tend to sit up straighter.

0A3EE420-B982-40B0-BC22-AB5C1A9A06EC.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
This weekend two scores came in. Unfortunately one didn’t work.

First the one that worked. This generic Levi’s Sherpa in fake suede or rather a rayon mix. Fits amazingly well, perfect and trim, and surprisingly warm. Best part was the price. 60 dollars all in(including shipping)

Next is my Five Star. I’m actually pleasantly surprised with its quality and finishing for the price. There’s been a lot of Five Stars around here and I haven’t seen a suede trucker. For 130usd I like it an awful lot. Unfortunately if anyone saw me post about it a few times I was quite certain the measurements wouldn’t work and I sadly was right. It’s much too big. To be honest I know I’m a small guy, but this is THE Biggest Extra Small I’ve seen. Shawn must make sizing based on the assumptions that all Westerners are ummm “big.” Haha. I’ve done some measuring and took a ton of photos and numbers to send to him, including photos and measurements of this Levi’s that fits. Plan is to send it back and put that 130 towards a custom. Obviously will update the group as I go along.

All things considered for 130 I was happy and knew it wouldn’t fit. I look at it as a fit test jacket. The 60 all in on that Levi’s makes up for it.

Also sorry for the background photos. My fiancé was cranky and over taking photos for me at that point and said you do it here and now or I don’t help haha. My living room is dominated by our Frenchie Gretchen. She has multiple beds and all the toys. And scratch that my living room isn’t dominated by her, my entire house is; I just live here.
10FAC38D-B403-4434-8B33-B68103DAA753.jpeg
501E1666-CEC1-437C-85C5-28ECF40DB80C.jpeg
7C7F04A6-A95C-4224-B52F-BBBF679A03D1.jpeg
74846E52-5C3C-4DC6-BA63-9D9CAF3045D1.jpeg
0615D88A-E3C4-4671-954D-9D0C57DED2D2.jpeg
201BE0C1-7F3D-4AEE-B069-74FE0B721CC3.jpeg

JCSD

Practically Family
That looks terrific! The cut, the leather. Outstanding. I don’t want to freak you but as I was admiring the zipper I noticed that there is some serious misalignment going on with the first zipper teeth though
Yup- zipper tape is loose and will probably need to have the whole thing replaced. Just need to source the correct zipper in the same finish

TG3

One of the Regulars
Thanks man, happy to share it here too. Body shape really is important in picking the patterns. I felt that there was a high chance of it still being boxy but I like the HWM look so I tried it anyways and it turned out great fit too. If I wanted a better fit the sheene would have suited my physique better but here we are lol

So I take it that the Aero Premier is a slimmer fitting version of the regular highwayman? Is the Sheene a more slim cut or at least slimmer in the waist compared to the Premier?

I have the same problem with lots of jackets. If it fits in the chest and shoulders, most likely too much material in the waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko