Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
That's why I'm not convinced about HWM, got some measurements from Aero and it's not what I'm looking for. I saw a couple of Sheene but I don't think they make it anymore and right now with all the taxes and Brexit upon us I don't think I want to order one from the US. I think you were right, a hybrid Sheene/HWM would be perfect actually for my taste but I'll have to see about that. I also love that colour by the way :) I was thinking of getting one in that colour.

Yes, don't go that route. The HWM pattern only works for some so better go the hybrid route. You don't have to go to TB, reach out to Aero direct.

Cordovan is really nice but this will most likely be my last cxl jacket. Mine looks brown most of the time indoors and lowlight setting but then full on dark burgundy under sunlight

Reactions: Riu

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I liked them both but tbh they both weren’t really all that great in the fit dept. the SB was a good one size too small. I could wear it though. The PHWM just felt oddly tight and loose at the same time. At this point, rather than try to crawl out of the rabbit hole, I just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It is rather trim but man does it look good on photos!

That midnight PHWM you had looks great from the front but you can definitely tell from the back that there's something that can be improved upon fit wise and the cxl just accentuates that lol then again it's the pattern talking it's just not easy to get right

It is rather trim but man does it look good on photos!

That midnight PHWM you had looks great from the front but you can definitely tell from the back that there's something that can be improved upon fit wise and the cxl just accentuates that lol then again it's the pattern talking it's just not easy to get right
I think the main thing is the back panel on the PHWM just doesn’t curve in the same way the actually body of a person does. It’s a straight line that terminates in a very hard taper. I loved 85% of both those jackets. But I’ve learned that anything sitting in my closet untouched for a month or more...it’s on the way out!

hoipac

Familiar Face
Iron heart cord type 3
0AE8FDED-A233-4817-B1E0-DA2D1FB5F5FD.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I think the main thing is the back panel on the PHWM just doesn’t curve in the same way the actually body of a person does. It’s a straight line that terminates in a very hard taper. I loved 85% of both those jackets. But I’ve learned that anything sitting in my closet untouched for a month or more...it’s on the way out!

The PHWM does have that high back yoke maybe that's part of the issue. I'm hoping my next Aero will have an even better fit than my cordo PHWM. Your closet chews up leather jackets for fun lol

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Just came in today from Oregon. 1950s California Sportswear Select Cowhide California Chrome Tanned Two Stars. There is always more to come on each jacket, so too on this one.

A large consumer of leather was California Sportwear Company. I can imagine they had their choice of the finest leathers produced on the West Coast. Their jackets certainly are at the top.

MAH02244.MP4_20210312_222832.917.jpg
MAH02244.MP4_20210312_223029.412.jpg
MAH02244.MP4_20210312_223734.485.jpg

The Brown Goatskin jacket on the lower left is also a Californian.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

But then again, it was heavy CXL that wasn’t broken in at all...

For my eye the PHWM looked great on you, as it looks great on @Jin431. By the times you develop a little beer muscle you will learn to appreciate the extra space at the torso. As I do.

I believe, Aero‘s premier patterns are tricky to size right. They are quite tight in the shoulder/chest area, so if you got a bit of meat up there, you need to size up without really needing the extra space at the midsection.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
But then again, it was heavy CXL that wasn’t broken in at all...

For my eye the PHWM looked great on you, as it looks great on @Jin431. By the times you develop a little beer muscle you will learn to appreciate the extra space at the torso. As I do.

I believe, Aero‘s premier patterns are tricky to size right. They are quite tight in the shoulder/chest area, so if you got a bit of meat up there, you need to size up without really needing the extra space at the midsection.

Thanks @Tom71 it looks more relaxed now as I look back on initial fit photos.
Agreed, should look better once it breaks in completely and the leather relaxes. This tumbled Cordo CXL hide is much thicker than the black and brown one that I breaked in before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk