Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I will give it a try then, I've been looking for some double front denim jeans. I will be looking at motor more for when they go up to my size, its just uncomfortable not knowing the size conversion.
I just size down by one full size from brannock.

Tried some more jacket stacking... not sure how I like it. The colors work, but I don't think this RMC jacket looks good with another jacket under it.

P6zJMNz.jpg

7Km2HlJ.jpg

lwkqdt9.jpg

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Hehe I think you're right. I bought / ordered 24 jackets since the beginning of this year. Also bought an extra rail but by now that's full already.

I realize this can't go on like this and I'm therefore thinking of focusing my collection on a particular style or segment. I just can't figure out which style that should be. I like and wear a lot styles, both new and vintage. As long as it's well made.
I wouldn't limit myself like that. I really enjoy the versatility in your jackets and the different way you style them. Might be a better solution to limit yourself by a number within the different styles and find out which ones are your favorites. Atleast for me, diversity is what makes this hobby great.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hehe I think you're right. I bought / ordered 24 jackets since the beginning of this year. Also bought an extra rail but by now that's full already.

I realize this can't go on like this and I'm therefore thinking of focusing my collection on a particular style or segment. I just can't figure out which style that should be. I like and wear a lot styles, both new and vintage. As long as it's well made.

tenor.gif

I just joined D Pocket Nation and I'm digging it. A little big on me. Going to stick in the dryer some more. I don't mind the wavy zips too much. Makes it look vintage LOL. And needs lots of breaking in for sure.

KzlRJKK.jpg
REPtMjq.jpg
rtXoioV.jpg

Killer jacket. Big fan of Ds.

I'm still debating whether I like Schott's 1928 or 333 repro more.

Motocann

One Too Many
Starting to warm up here in the Midwest. Got up in the 60s so got to wear my new Rogue Territory Supply Jacket. It's waxed canvas and it's the unlined version. I'm glad it's not sticky to the touch like some waxed canvas jackets. Doesn't have that weird smell either. Railcar Denim bottoms.
View attachment 322233
Rogue Territory is the best, Karl is hitting it out of the park every time! Made in L.A. I can't stop... I own 3 of his jackets...

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Killer jacket. Big fan of Ds.

I'm still debating whether I like Schott's 1928 or 333 repro more.
they've got more styles than I thought with the D, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention before. This one is Per3. Never heard of it. Was a collab with Barneys. Has side laces. Was a little bit better than typical Schott sizing but I knew the Large would be half size too big. I gave it a little shrink, but not my usual 1 hour plus in the dryer. Going to see how it settles but it's closer than I thought, so pretty happy with it. And leather seems to be typical 600 series, very top coat heavy. Going to need a few years with this one.

Motocann

One Too Many
The company is called Straight to Hell and they have some Chicago connection, I think they may be designed here. Def a solid, budget priced LL Dominator knock off. The leather is nothing to write home about but it’s quite nicely tailored. Sleeves could be a little wider but it’s a very soft leather so despite being very trim, they aren’t painful to wear.
https://straighttohellapparel.com/product/idol/
I’m actually quite fond of it!
View attachment 322333
View attachment 322334
Yes! I discover Straight Out Of Hell last year, love their fits. I bought my wife the Baron jacket with the black and red sleeves. It's the best fitting jacket she owns. They nailed the Euro fit! So glad to see an American line do this.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rogue Territory is the best, Karl is hitting it out of the park every time! Made in L.A. I can't stop... I own 3 of his jackets...

Completely agree. Karl and his wife are good people. I visited their home several years ago, before their operations expanded, and purchased a few items from them. I own two Supply Jackets -- blanket lined waxed black canvas and a denim.

Motocann

One Too Many
The company is called Straight to Hell and they have some Chicago connection, I think they may be designed here. Def a solid, budget priced LL Dominator knock off. The leather is nothing to write home about but it’s quite nicely tailored. Sleeves could be a little wider but it’s a very soft leather so despite being very trim, they aren’t painful to wear.
https://straighttohellapparel.com/product/idol/
I’m actually quite fond of it!
View attachment 322333
View attachment 322334
Here's my wifey's Straight to Hell leather "Baron" jacket. I bought it for her a couple years ago, she loves it! Very reasonably priced too :)
Kelly:Leather.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Been a little while since I photographed this jacket. We had good sun and a nice breeze this afternoon, so I decided the Vicenza Ridley in Blackened-Brown should make an appearance again.

DSC_0609.JPG

I then moved the camera out in the yard and instead of shooting South, I shot North, showing how different sun angles affect this jacket:

DSC_0612.JPG

I am happy that I gave this jacket a chance. I can certainly see the practical implications of Vicenza FQHH with this jacket, now that I have had it ~ 2 months and have worn it quite a bit. It still has a little heft, but it is very comfortable, effortless to wear, and draws a ton of compliments. I have been frankley suprised how many people who know me, or are complete strangers, have stopped and asked about this jacket.

An additional note - the Vicenza horsehide had barely any smell when I recieved this jacket. It was still nearly brand-new then. It has opened up quite a bit in that respect too, the smell is really nice and noticable as well. I still do not think I would pay extra for it as such, however I can see the really nice traits of Vicenza on this Ridley coming through.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points