Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Freewheelers Caboose:
gFmFOJo.jpg

XFJjXn1.jpg

iwEULPR.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
After my positive surprise with the first Harro I was lucky to find another one in my size. I'm really happy with the overall fit, jacket construction (it simply feels perfect for my body shape) and I have to point out one thing which I forgot to mention in my last post. The zippers from German maker called Ruhr are extremely well made and they are sliding very smoothly for zippers and feel very sturdy (sturdier than many Talon zippers IMO) which were made for this 70's jacket. TBH one of the best zippers I've handled so far.

upload_2021-4-16_11-53-41.png

upload_2021-4-16_11-53-54.png

upload_2021-4-16_11-54-2.png

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Hah! You know, the place has a really diverse clientele, a leather jacket here or there is definitely not surprising even for breakfast. Plus the food and coffee are <chef’s kiss> so good

Thanks man. You know I wasn’t sure at first if it was for me...then it just clicked. It’s my only crosszip and my only black leather jacket (for now at least heh)

I am really jealous of that, I live in a student heavy city in the Netherlands with a lot of corporal type people walking about (call them preppy, if you will), so half decent leather jackets or proper style are hard things to come by around these parts. When I visited London and New York City, I was awestruck by the amount of people who actually did put time into wearing a nice leather jacket. Even spotted a Vanson in the wild, that was fantastic.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
After my positive surprise with the first Harro I was lucky to find another one in my size. I'm really happy with the overall fit, jacket construction (it simply feels perfect for my body shape) and I have to point out one thing which I forgot to mention in my last post. The zippers from German maker called Ruhr are extremely well made and they are sliding very smoothly for zippers and feel very sturdy (sturdier than many Talon zippers IMO) which were made for this 70's jacket. TBH one of the best zippers I've handled so far.

View attachment 327442

View attachment 327443

View attachment 327444
wow congrats!!! perfect fit, and real nice shoulder silhouette, nice to see the quilted is symmetrical of left and right shoulder, even when the lines don't meet but they are symmetrical left and right.

Last edited:

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
wow congrats!!! perfect fit, and real nice shoulder silhouette, nice to see the quilted is symmetrical of left and right shoulder, even when the lines don't meet but they are symmetrical left and right.
@navetsea Thanks, man! Yes, I also really like the sihouette and the many pockets of this one very much! As already mentioned, I'm just surprised that I got this, without any question, high quality product for such a low price (less than 50€).

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 327442

View attachment 327443

View attachment 327444

I love it. That fits you amazingly well. Easily worth 10-20 times what you paid for it.

View attachment 327442

View attachment 327443

View attachment 327444
This looks so great on you!
Well done!

Hh121

Banned
That jacket looks insane, well done. How's the feel on it? I can imagine a 6oz hide being rather... Heavy.
Thanks man!
I don't remember the weight of your highwayman, mine is not that heavy just 8.2 lbs even though leather is insanely thick. However, it softens quickly so it is very comfortable to wear.

Hh121

Banned
Really nice and mighty leather jacket!! Fits you quite well. Do 5Star also offer this 6oz steerhide or would you need to provide them with leather? If so, where did you source it?
Thanks, Robbie
Thanks Robbie!
5star is going to offer their version of CXL soon, I bought it from Horween if you are in Europe try A & A Crack & Sons, they even have 5oz CXLHH!

Riu

Practically Family

View attachment 327442

View attachment 327443

View attachment 327444

Wow, that's a fantastic fit! Congrats and enjoy wearing it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk