Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Leather jacket weather again after a couple of warm days.

To the member who was mentioning "and mention it when you sell it on it's all good," (removed side laces) and therefore thinking that I'm THAT kind of a person (or a little child?) to defraud other members (potential buyers in case I'm selling it) kept me thinking to leave this forum forever and better spend the valuable time with family and friends.

But after thinking about it for one week I thought that there are fortunately so many other nice members here is worth it to change my mind. And of course it's everyone's right to NOT have trust in people.

Btw. the side laces were removed by a cobbler (not a taylor as I used the wrong word) and I like it (result looks good) - the seller told me all details before I made the payment. The jacket is really heavy (heavier than other RMC, FW leather jackets I own) and stitching (much better than my The Flat Head Half Belt I sold) and general construction and leather are really nice! @Mysteryo Thanks again for sharing the Vinted.fr link! The seller from France bought it through Buyee Japan and not from the member here as he bought it brand new and he wore it probably twice (like new condition).

Cheers
Robbie
View attachment 330975

View attachment 330976

View attachment 330977

View attachment 330978

Are you talking about me?
I wrote: "In the end, as long as you are happy with the result and mention it when you sell it on it's all good, but i don't think i would have bought it..."
IMO i was not implying that you would try defraud people, just that this kind of detail was worth mentionning if the jacket was ever sold. I was not making a judgement of character, just stating that i would like to be informed of that alteration.
I have bought many jackets on TFL from known members that had been altered/damaged without any mention anywhere in the add, it happens more often than you think...

Sorry it made you want to leave, it was really not my intention.
Glad you like the jacket, it looks amazing!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Leather jacket weather again after a couple of warm days.

To the member who was mentioning "and mention it when you sell it on it's all good," (removed side laces) and therefore thinking that I'm THAT kind of a person (or a little child?) to defraud other members (potential buyers in case I'm selling it) kept me thinking to leave this forum forever and better spend the valuable time with family and friends.

But after thinking about it for one week I thought that there are fortunately so many other nice members here is worth it to change my mind. And of course it's everyone's right to NOT have trust in people.

Btw. the side laces were removed by a cobbler (not a taylor as I used the wrong word) and I like it (result looks good) - the seller told me all details before I made the payment. The jacket is really heavy (heavier than other RMC, FW leather jackets I own) and stitching (much better than my The Flat Head Half Belt I sold) and general construction and leather are really nice! @Mysteryo Thanks again for sharing the Vinted.fr link! The seller from France bought it through Buyee Japan and not from the member here as he bought it brand new and he wore it probably twice (like new condition).

Cheers
Robbie
View attachment 330975

View attachment 330976

View attachment 330977

View attachment 330978
Great jacket and post. I always enjoy your posts and so many great jackets.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Are you talking about me?
I wrote: "In the end, as long as you are happy with the result and mention it when you sell it on it's all good, but i don't think i would have bought it..."
IMO i was not implying that you would try defraud people, just that this kind of detail was worth mentionning if the jacket was ever sold. I was not making a judgement of character, just stating that i would like to be informed of that alteration.
I have bought many jackets on TFL from known members that had been altered/damaged without any mention anywhere in the add, it happens more often than you think...

Sorry it made you want to leave, it was really not my intention.
Glad you like the jacket, it looks amazing!
Hi @Carlos840 Thanks for your positive feedback! I always appreciate constructive and honest feedback from any member like you (you have a lot of Knowledge!) to avoid buying a jacket which has flaws, etc. In this case your, @Monitor @Marc mndt’s. etc feedback indeed helped me to give the seller a phone call...thanks again! It was the one sentence as mentioned above which probably wouldn’t have happened in real life as we would’ve talked to each other face to face! Again, all good now :) Have a good day! Cheers, Robbie

Dav

One Too Many
Five Star Dubow
IMG_20210501_114441.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Great Ranger .. is it Comfortable?

Treeman - to a point. It's a differnt sort of fit. Had Carrie not reccommended the changes to the waist, it would not have zipped up. The Indian Ranger pattern is very "V" Shaped, and I am not the "V" shaped these days. :)

Wearing it for ~ 15 minuites outisde on a sunny day yesturday, the CXL FQHH really softened up and it's starting to think about considering the idea of breaking in. It will be a bit (at least a minuite or two in 2021 speak) before it really gets comfortable.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Jacket looks great.

The art on the wall behind you also looks interesting. Post a photo of that.
Thanks on both counts. The art is a piece from my wife. She got back into it during the covid boredom. She's doing really well and started doing commissioned portraits lately. I keep asking her to do one of those funny dog paintings where you superimpose the head over a famous painting lol. Yeah, she dont like when I bug her about that. www.kbordonaro.com
20210501_104714.jpg
20210501_104641.jpg

Riu

Practically Family
Thanks on both counts. The art is a piece from my wife. She got back into it during the covid boredom. She's doing really well and started doing commissioned portraits lately. I keep asking her to do one of those funny dog paintings where you superimpose the head over a famous painting lol. Yeah, she dont like when I bug her about that. www.kbordonaro.com View attachment 331411 View attachment 331412

Beautiful artworks! I got a request for one of those. It was a cat though, fun project :D

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks on both counts. The art is a piece from my wife. She got back into it during the covid boredom. She's doing really well and started doing commissioned portraits lately. I keep asking her to do one of those funny dog paintings where you superimpose the head over a famous painting lol. Yeah, she dont like when I bug her about that. www.kbordonaro.com View attachment 331411 View attachment 331412

Lovely piece. Your wife is very talented!

Time for a new thread: Outerwear and Art

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner