Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jacket season is over. For posterity’s sake, I’ll post this for those considering a 5 star russet hide.
New dead eyed dog turd:
C4C9E493-6067-49AD-92E4-6DFEE59BF9C9.jpeg

Eddie Bauer style “time worn” rotten vegetable:
D8A9337C-5CB6-4D45-A634-BDBE38B418FA.jpeg

Alcoholic Cordovan: (really dark spots are shadows)
39ED0CAB-5F79-499A-BC86-1A56B301E61F.jpeg

Edit (less direct light)
BA6F6592-101F-4DB0-A61F-DD8D6573DCEF.jpeg

While I had fun with the “project” and am mostly pleased with the result, the most important lesson I learned....avoid the russet steer as if your life depends on it.

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Jacket season is over. For posterity’s sake, I’ll post this for those considering a 5 star russet hide.
New dead eyed dog turd:
View attachment 334448
Eddie Bauer style “time worn” rotten vegetable:
View attachment 334450
Alcoholic Cordovan: (really dark spots are shadows)
View attachment 334451
Edit (less direct light)
View attachment 334481
While I had fun with the “project” and am mostly pleased with the result, the most important lesson I learned....avoid the russet steer as if your life depends on it.
Awesome work ton.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Maybe they should instead make blank leather "dye your self" kind of way, at least no need to strip the previous color. Some shoes are made that way to hand dye.

Riu

Practically Family
I'm looking at these pictures and most of you have got sunny days...weather still crappy here but at least we can eat indoors starting from next week so I'm looking forward to that. Last picture with this one as it feels great to wear it but I'm already spamming the thread :)

IMG_5903.JPG

Riu

Practically Family
^^
You are not spamming, you are justifiably happy with a great jacket, and we all dig it. :)

Glad you like it :) I was hoping it will turn out good but they really pulled it off. It took a while and I was pestering them all this time but I'm happy I did.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm looking at these pictures and most of you have got sunny days...weather still crappy here but at least we can eat indoors starting from next week so I'm looking forward to that. Last picture with this one as it feels great to wear it but I'm already spamming the thread :)

View attachment 334603
no problem. i can look at this jacket every day.
;)

Reactions: Riu

Fonzie

One Too Many

View attachment 334603
That is one of the coolest designs I’ve seen in TFL over the years, I love everything about it and the fit is perfect. Five Star is punching way over its weight on this one, congrats.

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
That is one of the coolest designs I’ve seen in TFL over the years, I love everything about it and the fit is perfect. Five Star is punching way over its weight on this one, congrats.

Thank you very much! They managed to pull this off indeed. They struggled at first with the interpretation of the pattern or with the pockets design but I feel that with proper communication and enough patience they can do some nice things.

Since making custom jackets it's not their primary business I get why they don't offer a wider range of leathers for now but this could change in time if they keep up this way. They already started to understand this demand a bit more and I think if they see a bigger potential in this they would improve substantially in the future.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Glad you like it :) I was hoping it will turn out good but they really pulled it off. It took a while and I was pestering them all this time but I'm happy I did.
I am wondering whether Shawn keeps the patterns, in case someone wants to order the "Riu jacket". The only thing that stops me from being that someone is that I have too many jackets...

Riu

Practically Family
I am wondering whether Shawn keeps the patterns, in case someone wants to order the "Riu jacket". The only thing that stops me from being that someone is that I have too many jackets...

I've seen the other jackets he made for other people in the forum listed on the website so I'm sure he's got the pattern still although I haven't seen it on their page yet. I wouldn't be bothered at all if someone decides to have it done, I can only hope it will be a nice fit for them.

I also think this could look great maybe in a Shinki. I think it's got a nice flow and even with those piping pockets it's quite subtle, nothing too bold.

dannyk

One Too Many
I’ve been insanely busy this week at work. Good busy with some really cool events I planned going off. In any case I can’t remember 100% but I think it was the how many new jackets thread I mentioned a homemade Clash Harrington I have. It’s based off the tour jacket the band had made for band and tour crew on the 16 Tons Tour. It’s also worn by two members of their road crew here in the Bankrobber music video.

I also received my 69 Gap suede trucker jacket. I have to say it’s insanely thick and well made for the price and for being Gap. This is good stuff. Buttons are a bitch though. I also can’t decide what to do with it. It first better than the Five Star I sent back that’s for sure. My fiancé also says it looks fine. Maybe a bit loose but nothing anyone besides you and your jacket friends would notice haha. For the price and what not keeping it would be fine. But on the other hand I do notice that the p2p is large. I’ve got room I would rather not have. Also could use a shorter length for my taste. Take an inch off of that. Though this style doesn’t require that and looks fine this way length wise-just not my favorite. Help me out here TFL friends...keep or move on.

60EC74A5-66B2-4297-AFC1-064E479D38DA.jpeg
DF1C5C47-6D66-452A-8C96-0C7AE9A4FEDC.jpeg
33E74426-B9E3-4C78-9E92-1F76DA6963C4.jpeg
F12A503A-A850-4ACC-B62F-BC600C656690.jpeg
F4692C4D-153E-43C2-80A4-CE14D5CF8E53.jpeg
43D8307D-32B6-48CC-A25E-1C0EC04AE009.jpeg
8670BD35-8935-4894-9BAB-0D1D5883C3FA.jpeg
E0319133-8103-4234-A3F6-7C12170D6BAB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member