Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That trucker looks to be at least 1 size, probably 2 sizes too big to my eyes.

FW Caboose again:
ZGB0Bzb.jpg

4rIDtoy.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I’ve been insanely busy this week at work. Good busy with some really cool events I planned going off. In any case I can’t remember 100% but I think it was the how many new jackets thread I mentioned a homemade Clash Harrington I have. It’s based off the tour jacket the band had made for band and tour crew on the 16 Tons Tour. It’s also worn by two members of their road crew here in the Bankrobber music video.

I also received my 69 Gap suede trucker jacket. I have to say it’s insanely thick and well made for the price and for being Gap. This is good stuff. Buttons are a bitch though. I also can’t decide what to do with it. It first better than the Five Star I sent back that’s for sure. My fiancé also says it looks fine. Maybe a bit loose but nothing anyone besides you and your jacket friends would notice haha. For the price and what not keeping it would be fine. But on the other hand I do notice that the p2p is large. I’ve got room I would rather not have. Also could use a shorter length for my taste. Take an inch off of that. Though this style doesn’t require that and looks fine this way length wise-just not my favorite. Help me out here TFL friends...keep or move on.

View attachment 334656 View attachment 334657 View attachment 334658 View attachment 334659 View attachment 334660 View attachment 334661 View attachment 334662 View attachment 334663

That trucker looks really nice but it’s too big and too long for you. I would move it on if I were you.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I’ve been insanely busy this week at work. Good busy with some really cool events I planned going off. In any case I can’t remember 100% but I think it was the how many new jackets thread I mentioned a homemade Clash Harrington I have. It’s based off the tour jacket the band had made for band and tour crew on the 16 Tons Tour. It’s also worn by two members of their road crew here in the Bankrobber music video.

I also received my 69 Gap suede trucker jacket. I have to say it’s insanely thick and well made for the price and for being Gap. This is good stuff. Buttons are a bitch though. I also can’t decide what to do with it. It first better than the Five Star I sent back that’s for sure. My fiancé also says it looks fine. Maybe a bit loose but nothing anyone besides you and your jacket friends would notice haha. For the price and what not keeping it would be fine. But on the other hand I do notice that the p2p is large. I’ve got room I would rather not have. Also could use a shorter length for my taste. Take an inch off of that. Though this style doesn’t require that and looks fine this way length wise-just not my favorite. Help me out here TFL friends...keep or move on.

View attachment 334656 View attachment 334657 View attachment 334658 View attachment 334659 View attachment 334660 View attachment 334661 View attachment 334662 View attachment 334663

Trucker looks too big IMO.
It's too long, too wide, not a great fit...

Riu

Practically Family

The trucker is too long for me too. I'd say because it's a bit loose makes it look bigger overall and the length it's not helping..

dannyk

One Too Many
Thanks all. Exactly how I feel. The length I could deal with if the p2p was better. Like I said the length is too long but I feel it wouldn’t look terrible if the p2p and shoulders were more snug. While it wouldn’t be traditional or how I want it; it would be how modern average jackets hang. But since it’s too baggy I just couldn’t see myself in it. What gave me pause was my fiancé saying it looked fine and that no one would notice except my “weird jacket friends.” Haha. She’s a saint for dealing with me and indulging me; but she has 0 interest in this hobby and doesn’t get it at all. So it made me think it was a great price and really way cooler than a Gap jacket should be, if she says it’s ok than maybe it is. But based on this feedback it just confirms my feelings. I will be listing it shortly. Thanks.

@pmx-berlin , lookin' good.

I think i wear this jacket more than any other of mine atm.

It's a Cal Leather Jacket from the mids 50s early 60s, pretty beat up. Missing some belt loops, ripped liner, main zip has been replaced. But it's still a joy to wear.

EAUaUTx.jpg

yuGfesL.jpg

Really cool! Similar to mine. But my jacket doesn't fit me nearly as well.

It's a Cal Leather Jacket from the mids 50s early 60s, pretty beat up. Missing some belt loops, ripped liner, main zip has been replaced. But it's still a joy to wear.

EAUaUTx.jpg

yuGfesL.jpg
So far, what I’ve seen of your collection rocks!

Alexlutov

A-List Customer

EAUaUTx.jpg

yuGfesL.jpg
Listen, man. you're one of the few people who don't wear anything that looks cool!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

EAUaUTx.jpg

yuGfesL.jpg
Got 4 Cals and none of them fit like this. I'm like Goldilocks with not enough beds. One of them is close and another one is aspirational in case I ever lose 10 lbs. Think I need to sell the other two and roll the dice again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari