Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Church - Electric Leather Studio
Follow-up to this post:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ng-and-how-many-potential-ones.89562/page-513

Yay! It came! Inner tag says size 36, outer tag says 34. Size is definitely closer to a 34. I think it fits OK. It's a little tight about the chest, but wearable. Jacket was basically new with tags, so there might be some room for it to break in. I would've gone for a 36 if I had the luxury of choice, but for around $420, I think I did pretty good here. Leather looks like it is some sort of Veg-tan - leather on the inside pocket is a little lighter than everywhere else. Really incredible details and stitching!
View attachment 336210 View attachment 336211 View attachment 336212 View attachment 336219 View attachment 336220 View attachment 336221

Your best fitting jacket yet! I feel this is your correct size. Congratulations on a fantastic find.

Follow-up to this post:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...ng-and-how-many-potential-ones.89562/page-513

Yay! It came! Inner tag says size 36, outer tag says 34. Size is definitely closer to a 34. I think it fits OK. It's a little tight about the chest, but wearable. Jacket was basically new with tags, so there might be some room for it to break in. I would've gone for a 36 if I had the luxury of choice, but for around $420, I think I did pretty good here. Leather looks like it is some sort of Veg-tan - leather on the inside pocket is a little lighter than everywhere else. Really incredible details and stitching!
View attachment 336210 View attachment 336211 View attachment 336212 View attachment 336219 View attachment 336220 View attachment 336221
This is an ENDGAME jacket, and looks fantastic on you! The color is great with your tones, and the overall vibe is 120%
Congratulations!

dwilson

A-List Customer
Follow-up to this post:

Dope jacket. Kind of jealous you can fit into the size because there are some absolute steals on Buyee around those dimensions. The size 40 crew has slimmer pickings.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
Dope jacket. Kind of jealous you can fit into the size because there are some absolute steals on Buyee around those dimensions. The size 40 crew has slimmer pickings.
Lol. Pretty much the opposite trend of what I see on US ebay. If I see any amazing finds in the >40 range, I'll make a mental note to post them to the "finds and deals thread".

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Follow-up to this post:

Beautiful. It's a work of art and you wear it well. Congrats.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That is crazy cool!

This is my response to the recent Trojan sighting. I have a couple more of these in Steerhide both are very different leathers. Though they don't know their history it was much more than a sideline. Their jackets just have a style, I see it in Langlitz jackets.

Wow... cool, suddenly i got some confidence in my rather similarly pocket config on my own cross zip.
Wow, that looks awesome, the grain on that steerhide is really popping. And the jacket looks in remarkably good shape for its age and still has the fur collar too! Plus it looks to be a good fit on you too… another winner there. I like the way the belt is designed - leather covered buckle with no tang, means finer range of adjustment and nothing to scratch the motorbike tank…

I will do a thread on this one. The original owner seems to have been quite a rider. I have some pics from his estate. I believe he was from Stockton CA.

I will write a book on these jackets. This company was making leather and cloth outerwear in the 1930s.

Everything from them I have seen or own has been Top Notch!

horsevest_label.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Follow-up to this post:

That looks like a perfect fit and such a cool jacket! Congratulations!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Crosszip at its finest... Thedi Leathers MTC-C1279405 Leather x Canvas (made from 1942 US Tent) Combo, limited Edition :)

Thedi's Stuff is second to none!
Thedi_MTC-1279405_FL.JPG

Note: In terms of wearing sensation, this is my most comfortable jacket by far...
The leather used (cowhide) is perfectly balanced with the canvas. The same also applies to the MTC-127980 (see small picture). That Jacket is a bit heavier with the buffalo leather used and the somewhat thicker canvas fabric, but also here Thedi Leathers nailed it in terms of the balance of the leather/canvas used, just perfect.

Attachments

• BZLF5946_FL.JPG
    BZLF5946_FL.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Thedi_MTC-127980_FL.JPG
    Thedi_MTC-127980_FL.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_E0605_FL.JPG
    IMG_E0605_FL.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Crosszip at its finest... Thedi Leathers MTC-C1279405 Leather x Canvas (made from 1942 US Tent) Combo, limited Edition :)

Thedi's Stuff is second to none!
View attachment 336265

Note: In terms of wearing sensation, this is my most comfortable jacket by far...
The leather used (cowhide) is perfectly balanced with the canvas. The same also applies to the MTC-127980 (see small picture). That Jacket is a bit heavier with the buffalo leather used and the somewhat thicker canvas fabric, but also here Thedi Leathers nailed it in terms of the balance of the leather/canvas used, just perfect.

Great jackets.

I agree, when broken in the buffalo and canvas are perfectly balanced in terms of temper. I owned a second hand MTC-127980 which was very comfortable to wear.

My Thedi buffalo/canvas hunting jacket however (which is brand new) is stiff as a board.

AB354F6A-9CB4-406E-90AC-D2849F81B0BA.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Follow-up to this post:

Great jacket, great overall outfit!

I know the feeling of a jacket that looks perfect in photos but feels a little snug. That said, it sure doesn´t LOOK too small..

Mandarin

Practically Family
Follow-up to this post:

Fantastic find and perfect fit. Enjoy!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was a total impulse buy from ebay. Turned out to be softest leather jacket i own, it's Mister Freedom Campus made from vegetable tanned lamb leather. It's softer than a babies bum!!! :)

y7RYJ3l.jpg

wGqRP1e.jpg

I keep admiring your belt.
I like it quite a lot. May I ask who the manufacturer is?

Leigh H

Practically Family

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was from an Etsy seller in Thailand, he made me a long wallet and this belt a few years ago. He doesn't seem to have any belts listed atm though? https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SurakanLeather

edit: he's still doing belts on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SurakanLeather/posts/4664615740221758

As you are located in Europe, this guy can make you a similar belt. He is open for customs and a nice guy. I have several belts from him - good craftmanship!

https://www.lukes-custom-belts.de/
https://www.lukes-custom-belts.de/shop/

Thank you both very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo