What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. thor

thor One Too Many

9DD1BBBF-BB2B-40E1-ADC7-FEA97A127E26.jpeg
    Finally scored a mint condition Gibson & Barnes M-422a repro after numerous years of searching. The company is sadly no longer making this jacket but I was fortunate enough to find this one on the ‘Bay. It’s a very, very good copy (at a fraction of the cost of the top tier repro makers) of the WW2 Gordon & Ferguson M-422a. G&B really nailed the details: the salmon pink rayon lining, the dark russet (light seal?) goatskin, single-ply rib & rack waistband and, best of all, the super plush honey-rust fur collar! Jacket fits perfectly. This one has immediately leap frogged to the head of the line as my go-to/everyday jacket.

2. Monitor

Monitor

I hear you & feel the same about catching the damn thing now but hasn't it been established that masks don't protect against jack but rather are only suppose to stop you from spreading the disease?

I just feel it's the sort of lottery right now. . .

3. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I liked this explanation best:

[​IMG]

Guppy, ES335, dudewuttheheck and 21 others like this.
  4. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

nowadays if you have a strong believe in something and google it you will likely find multiple articles that support your belief even with chart and scientifically looking reports, numbers in statistic is widely abused to prove a point since numbers look assuring and people rarely question how that number is achieved,
    try google the opposite and you will find equally compelling theories why your belief is wrong. probably also with numbers that is totally opposite to the other faction,
    In the end it is down to your own wisdom.

my thinking is a layer of something is better than nothing it slow down and traps particle, and rather than putting my safety to the hand of others to behave accordingly when sneezing, or coughing or staying at home when feeling ill to begin with , I rather just slap on barrier across my face that I can peel off and either wash or dispose and replace.

5. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

California Sportswear 50s Horsehide

MAH02541.MP4_20210315_160927.070.jpg MAH02541.MP4_20210315_160446.718.jpg MAH02541.MP4_20210315_160740.000.jpg

Guppy, LZHA, dudewuttheheck and 38 others like this.
  6. Pandemic

Pandemic Practically Family

I try not to talk work here, but I’ll just do so this one time: a cloth mask does a lot more than jack for personal protection (in addition to reducing asymptomatic spread in those infected):

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536

7. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Do you want to swap? :)

8. Monitor

Monitor

Huh! Good to know. Our government's approach to the pandemic was along the words of "Wear a mask, save others" while making it clear early on that they have no evidence of masks actually protecting the wearer. It was around that time that I've stopped paying attention to it altogether and just did what they told me to do.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Jin431 and Pandemic like this.
  9. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I think in your country covid is not as rampant and thus your govt policy is not as tight, you have +11 case today, while I live in the world's 4th most populous country and probably the lowest in economy level by far compared to the other 3 on top (China, India, USA) so we have far less fighting ability when things get out of hand especially for the elderly and people living in smaller cities, we also lack in testing and vaccination effort since while the other 3 most populous countries make their own vaccine, we have to import them and being archipelagic nation the logistics is much harder, although the natural water barrier is better to localize virus spread rate over the country until such event like muslim holiday where millions who work in java jumped on a ferry to spend a week long holiday with their relatives at their home island spreading the virus along to those less developed islands.

10. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

For the past year I’ve come to TFL to avoid thinking about Covid for a while.

ES335, AeroFan_07, navetsea and 13 others like this.
  11. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

Frank Castle and tmitchell59 like this.
  12. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

Comet Comet Comet

44598AF9-A757-4095-9832-45BD02177805.jpeg

13. JCSD

JCSD A-List Customer

Belstaff Cougar

663B0D95-0D1C-4C18-9116-4D1AB8EB735D.jpeg

RL204, LZHA, dudewuttheheck and 21 others like this.
  14. Merv

Merv One of the Regulars

Nice leather!

Pandemic likes this.
  15. Merv

Merv One of the Regulars

Marc mndt likes this.
  16. Merv

Merv One of the Regulars

Super cool police jacket! What size is it?

Pandemic and JMax like this.
  17. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Thanks. I dig it. Tagged a 40 but fits closer to a 44. Typical of certain Aero offerings, like this one and the Highwayman. On this one I did the taper to a size smaller. Through TB.

Tom71 likes this.
  18. Guivil

Guivil New in Town

Excelled back from dressing room for rainny days. It still excells IMAG0050.jpg

19. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

Vintage Bates, just arrived from one of ours, @handymike (Thanks man, it was a smooth transaction).

Fit perfectly, that collar is so large, lol. Used to have a couple of shirts from the '70s, now I need to scavenge some vintage shirts to get that vibe back.

20210623_162544-1.jpg 20210623_162651-1.jpg

20. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

It looks so great on you!
    Spread that collar out a little, and you'll be Super-Fly.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021