Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Technonut

Practically Family
Beautiful, cool day for one of my favorite hobbies... Metal detecting. :) Perfect weather for my veg-tanned goatskin Bronson A-1 jacket as well... ;)

DSCF0211_zpsezfwd9gf.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Keep this one, sell the Terminator and buy this one again, only inverted.
As nice as this one is I have to say I really like the Vanson Terminator jacket equally. This Diamond Dave jacket looks great and is nice and flexible/light. The Terminator jacket feels like I could slide down the highway at 90mph and come away without a scratch. I don't plan on selling either of them any time soon.

As nice as this one is I have to say I really like the Vanson Terminator jacket equally. This Diamond Dave jacket looks great and is nice and flexible/light. The Terminator jacket feels like I could slide down the highway at 90mph and come away without a scratch. I don't plan on selling either of them any time soon.

I know it's awesome. It's Vanson, it can only be the best jacket ever made but the Terminator 3 is akin to murder. Almost. That's the only reason why I'm whining. But then again, if you got the T2 one I'd die of jealousy so it's all good...

casechopper

I know it's awesome. It's Vanson, it can only be the best jacket ever made but the Terminator 3 is akin to murder. Almost. That's the only reason why I'm whining. But then again, if you got the T2 one I'd die of jealousy so it's all good...

What is it about the jacket that you don't like? I haven't even seen the movie so that connection doesn't mean anything to me. I just liked the style and build quality of it. The only thing I'd really change if I was re-making it is to remove the gun shoulder from the right shoulder and the flap on the left shoulder as they don't really serve a purpose and add extra weight. I would like to get a T2 style jacket some day though as that style is one of the few that I don't have now.

What is it about the jacket that you don't like? I haven't even seen the movie so that connection doesn't mean anything to me. I just liked the style and build quality of it. The only thing I'd really change if I was re-making it is to remove the gun shoulder from the right shoulder and the flap on the left shoulder as they don't really serve a purpose and add extra weight. I would like to get a T2 style jacket some day though as that style is one of the few that I don't have now.

Nothing other than the fact that it's associated with the... sigh, third Terminator movie which I am extremely reluctant to even call a Terminator movie. Otherwise, it's a nifty jacket!
Very similar style was worn by one of the bad guys in the Robocop movie (the original one, not that remake degeneracy) so that sorta saves it. For me. XD I'm really touchy about Terminator cuz it is, after all, my favorite movie. Ever. The second one, with the first one being a close second. Everything after is a complete disgrace with every next movie reaching new lows.

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway, I think... No, I KNOW the T2 jacket would look extremely cool on you! It is essentially a D-pocket Perfecto with side laces but the one Bates makes is superbly tailored.

barnabus

One Too Many
Nothing other than the fact that it's associated with the... sigh, third Terminator movie which I am extremely reluctant to even call a Terminator movie. Otherwise, it's a nifty jacket!
Very similar style was worn by one of the bad guys in the Robocop movie (the original one, not that remake degeneracy) so that sorta saves it. For me. XD I'm really touchy about Terminator cuz it is, after all, my favorite movie. Ever. The second one, with the first one being a close second. Everything after is a complete disgrace with every next movie reaching new lows.

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway, I think... No, I KNOW the T2 jacket would look extremely cool on you! It is essentially a D-pocket Perfecto with side laces but the one Bates makes is superbly tailored.
Ha!

I used to have one of them.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/index.php?posts/2054104

ProteinNerd

@Monitor There are a lot of really s%#t movies where the hero wears a cafe racer but I don't see you getting rid of yours.....Why don't you lead by example? [emoji13]

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I started out the day in this,
3-8-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hey, it's a jacket.

A stop at the local vintage store yielded this though, so that is what I'm wearing for the rest of the day.
DSCN0681 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0684 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Sorry about the low quality photos, this camera and the sun don't get along.
DSCN0683 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0688 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The other label, which I didn't find until after picture taking, gives a contract date of 1945.
DSCN0690 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0691 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I don't know if the patches are original or not. Marv?
I've wanted one of these for some time as a study piece. And now I have one.

Michael

I started out the day in this,
3-8-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hey, it's a jacket.

A stop at the local vintage store yielded this though, so that is what I'm wearing for the rest of the day.
DSCN0681 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0684 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Sorry about the low quality photos, this camera and the sun don't get along.
DSCN0683 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0688 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The other label, which I didn't find until after picture taking, gives a contract date of 1945.
DSCN0690 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0691 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I don't know if the patches are original or not. Marv?
I've wanted one of these for some time as a study piece. And now I have one.

Michael

How is that jacket called??? I want one!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
How is that jacket called??? I want one!
I assume you are talking about the drab one and not the Burberry blazer. Ha ha. The common name would be Ike Jacket or Eisenhower Jacket. The official name is on the label, Jacket, Field, Wool, OD. The pattern for this one is from 1944, but I have to take it off to photograph it.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn