Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Captain Sensible

A-List Customer
Wearing my, just received with thanks from @Gav, Eastman Californian. Was a bit anxious about sizing (this is one up from my usual size) but I feel that this fits OK - there's room for layering but I'm not swamped - from these pics what do you guys think? What a comfortable jacket it is though - I'll have to find something that goes with it better than an ancient Playboy t shirt. View attachment 385805 View attachment 385806 View attachment 385807 View attachment 385808

Looks great, still having words with myself about selling mine to @Marc mndt

Al 916

One Too Many
Almost as old as me (maybe if I tried Urad myself.....)

DSC_0066.JPG

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Must be cold over there to warrant a jacket like that!

At the moment it's always around 0 degrees Celsius. And I like it warm. And I like it when I only need a shirt. And the jacket is less warm than you would think. So already warm, but not hot. lol

Al 916

One Too Many
looks great. how does the new elastic feel? I'm going to miss my brown one once it's sold.

New snap makes all the difference! Thanks to all for help and advice.

Your's looks great! Surprised it has not been sold yet (they are getting pretty hard to find and your's is half the price of most I have seen)

Last edited:
I tried that but it didn't work.

Plenty of Butwin Chicago and NY style police jackets. In black, green and blue. Some look nice. I like the vintage labels on some. Others are more contemporary.

Vtg Lancer jackets in nylon pop up from time to time. One out there now where I am waiting for accurate measurements. These type of jackets don’t cost too much.

But yeah, an Oakbrook, Beck, 50s HD in the satin-twill is unicorn level hard to find. Anything they made in leather was probably an option in this material. Mine weighs a pound. A damn pound.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Bring To The Beach Yesterday?

I noticed that this GW Ventura has more in common with my 40s-50s Sportsclad than with my 50s Californian. I really dig the 4 inch collar, and the wrist straps.

The winds swung around to the East North-East yesterday at at least 25mph and brought a few glimpses of sun. Big swell, choppy waves, and major rip currents kept me out of the water. I won't be going into the water for a while now anyway. I stood up too quickly to get up and take a piss in the middle of the night the other night, took a fall and cracked some ribs. Gotta keep an eye on the BP, and have the doc tinker with the dosage of my BP meds, as apparently it has been too low.
That's cool, there are a couple old men out there every day who don't get up from their beach chairs too often, I'll just fit in better. Give the lifeguards a break from having to make sure I don't drown.
IMG_9803.JPG
IMG_9759.JPG
IMG_9910.JPG
IMG_9850.jpeg
IMG_9832.jpeg
IMG_9901.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Darn right. And salute the bike as I ride on by!! I’ll fake like I didn’t see you, unless you don’t salute. Then I am stopping to tear you a new one. Lol- True story.
Here we just throw the Shaka whether it is good bad or indifferent, it works for everything. Someone cuts you off in traffic, throw the Shaka, someone yields to let you into traffic throw the Shaka. Someone says hi to you and you have no idea what their name is, throw the Shaka.

What Jacket Did You Bring To The Beach Yesterday?

I noticed that this GW Ventura has more in common with my 40s-50s Sportsclad than with my 50s Californian. I really dig the 4 inch collar, and the wrist straps.

The winds swung around to the East North-East yesterday at at least 25mph and brought a few glimpses of sun. Big swell, choppy waves, and major rip currents kept me out of the water. I won't be going into the water for a while now anyway. I stood up too quickly to get up and take a piss in the middle of the night the other night, took a fall and cracked some ribs. Gotta keep an eye on the BP, and have the doc tinker with the dosage of my BP meds, as apparently it has been too low.
That's cool, there are a couple old men out there every day who don't get up from their beach chairs too often, I'll just fit in better. Give the lifeguards a break from having to make sure I don't drown.
View attachment 386589 View attachment 386590 View attachment 386595 View attachment 386596 View attachment 386597 View attachment 386598

Yes, please take care out there. Or like Navetsea said, good excuse to buy an armored jacket by JL or Vanson. The PJ edition. Seriously though, take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot