Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Jib! This and the Mulholland do wear totally different. This one´s cut much slimmer than the Mulholland with higher arm-holers and a more boxy, less tapered cut. Sleeve lenght is approx. the same; body is probably 0,5 inch longer in the FW.

I don´t quite dare to say it, but I am still waiting for the Mulholland to fully grow on me...

View attachment 389619
that's good it's different from the other CHP styled jacket that you own but yep I see the appeal why you would want them lol adding the new FL to the mix makes for a good myriad of looks you can go for! I get it with the Mulholland, if I remember correctly the shoulders look wide but a bit short in the sleeves?

Tusche

Familiar Face
Perfect for the colder days…
Aero Irvin
420F71E6-57A9-4D2B-BACB-D115CD0C037C.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
that's good it's different from the other CHP styled jacket that you own but yep I see the appeal why you would want them lol adding the new FL to the mix makes for a good myriad of looks you can go for! I get it with the Mulholland, if I remember correctly the shoulders look wide but a bit short in the sleeves?

Yeah, shoulders are generous. Sleeves are fine for me, but I´ve read from two or three other TFL members that they had issues with the 2021 version having too short sleeves. I guess, either I got lucky or the additional half inch at the shoulders give an extra sleeve-lenght (picture attached).

And of yourse you are right in hinting at the new FL: Yes, I have too many similar styled black jackets now...:)

Mulholland6.jpg

Manolito

Familiar Face
-2° C in Paris today, time to release the Schott 257 (bought new in 2019). This shearling jacket inspired by the B3 has some very cool aging effects that gives him a nice texture, and a slight suede treatment that is very, very nice ! My most expensive Jacket, one of my favourite too... There are a lot of people wearing shearling jackets in the streets these days, but wearing this one, you feel like it is really special...

IMG_20211222_225302.jpg

Last edited:

Manolito

Familiar Face
IMG_20211223_103518.jpg
My Schott 674, steerhide, complete non removable quilted lining, made in USA. It is still available in Europe, although it is not in the US catalog anymore. Bought new in 2018.

It can be found in Paris in a few western/americana shops, for about 700 €, which is really the floor price for a made in usa jacket of this quality in France. Very sturdy steerhide, super warm, super straight no bells and whistles A2 inspired piece. It's my favourite leather jacket because it is simple, almost discreet, unpretentious, super polyvalent (much more than a biker jacket), very robust... You can wear it in reasonable rainy day with no fear to damage it... It looks and feels like quality, timeless classic... You can wear it everywhere, it will never look "too much"...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ