Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

That vest is odly familiar...

RZhnmB9.jpg

Q3084PH.jpg

It's a shame JL don't have more interresting house models.
They are great at copying other makers but i have never seen an original JL design that made me want to order it.

On of best clothes I ever had ever but it's truly meant for you. On me it looked like someone stuck two branches out of sleeve holes. . .

Mrfrown

One Too Many
That vest is odly familiar...

RZhnmB9.jpg

Q3084PH.jpg

It's a shame JL don't have more interresting house models.
They are great at copying other makers but i have never seen an original JL design that made me want to order it.

The excellent original found by @Monitor Seeing it lighted a fire in me heh

It’s interesting to see what got changed in translation too…my collar is smaller, CXL has more shine, fit is much trimmer (plus that unfortunate crease along the back that’s not settling down like I thought it would).

Overall impression I get is a kind of more refined look for mine vs the original, which is more bold and looks like a tank.

Is it finding a place in your rotation? I feel like I remember you saying your s/o wasn’t a fan or something along those lines.

The excellent original found by @Monitor Seeing it lighted a fire in me heh

It’s interesting to see what got changed in translation too…my collar is smaller, CXL has more shine, fit is much trimmer (plus that unfortunate crease along the back that’s not settling down like I thought it would).

Overall impression I get is a kind of more refined look for mine vs the original, which is more bold and looks like a tank.

Is it finding a place in your rotation? I feel like I remember you saying your s/o wasn’t a fan or something along those lines.

It's a magical piece. I bought it 'cause the price was good and sure, I wanted a vest but then ended up wearing it at ALL times, totally neglecting my other jackets. Got me many positive comments, too! I took it everywhere with me. But then when I lost more weight. . . But what I'm saying is, it's a lot more versatile and fun piece to wear than it seems.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Cross post from the FL thread. I received my new custom Field Leathers Brown Pony Aviator/MC Cross zip.

View attachment 391485

View attachment 391484

View attachment 391486

View attachment 391483

Jin - all your jackets fit spot on and you take so great of care of each of them. This Field Leathers just takes it all to another level. I really like the brown/brass combination on you there, and looks like Greg got all the details 100% on this one. Enjoy it! You likley waited a very long time for this one, so enjoy it like the treasure it is! :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Bring To The Beach Today?

With a flurry of leather jackets arriving in the short time since I picked up this beauty in person from The Master Theodoros himself in Thessiloniki, I had to really give this jacket another once over.

I guess I prefer long jackets, as this really hits just where I like it to in the sleeves and belt line. When it is all zipped up it is trim and tight fitting without feeling at all constraining. Somehow the range of motion in the shoulders and arms is very good without any sort of gusset, or action back. I am not clear on the geometry of this and how he does it, but it is truly incredible to me.

In specifying this jacket I was looking for the lightest weight that he could make, keeping with his vision, and the goatskin that he chose does just that. It is indeed light weight coming in at 0.8 mm to 1.0 mm, and the tumbling and burnishing process that Theodoros does makes it so that the jacket needed no breaking in as such. However, I noticed yesterday wearing it for a long walk on the beach, after an exciting lesson with the power of nature and the Winter swell on the East side of this island, that the jacket drapes very nicely. It does soften up with wear, and as it warms the waxes used in the finishing seem to make it tangibly softer. At first I felt that I wanted something even lighter, but wearing it for several hours outdoors in the stormy tropical winter we have here, the weight was perfect. Low 70 degrees F. with the 25 mph trade winds gusting hard, I was not at all uncomfortable with wearing it totally zipped.

After my somewhat death defying swim doing the back stroke into 10 to 12 foot waves yesterday, I was very happy to make it back to shore to be greeted by my favorite lifeguard on his dune buggy that he drove down the beach to better make sure I "don't go down on his watch", and my custom Thedi to warm me in the air that is colder than the water temperature.

I found the perfect tropical island leather jacket which it turns out, isn't an oxymoron after all.
IMG_4152.JPG
IMG_4222.JPG
IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4303.JPG
IMG_4252.JPG
IMG_4392.jpeg
IMG_4325.jpeg

I may have to return here again someday for another visit to the islands and stop in for another jacket.
IMG_9446.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Jonsey...

^^Very nice jacket & review there Jonesy!

But by golly I would want no part of swimming in those waves...
Do you surf on them?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally finished this beast. Learning curve but some distinct favourite details! A very heavy cowhide from Europe, about 4.5-5oz. Plus quilted lining, cheap material and a pain to work with. Good for a winter beater jacket, pattern is great though.

Attachments

• 7DB62BF5-B2BD-4B71-9F6D-F79765479AAA.jpeg
    7DB62BF5-B2BD-4B71-9F6D-F79765479AAA.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 415
  • 5C6B478D-37C8-41DB-88A7-E5E5A6920DD1.jpeg
    5C6B478D-37C8-41DB-88A7-E5E5A6920DD1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 406
  • 8AEAD241-5E43-4C8E-B598-01B7718845A2.jpeg
    8AEAD241-5E43-4C8E-B598-01B7718845A2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 438

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Jonsey...

^^Very nice jacket & review there Jonesy!

But by golly I would want no part of swimming in those waves...
Do you surf on them?
Thanks @AeroFan. I like Thedi's work more and more.

I don't use a board, I only swim. However, I do use many of the same techniques as the surfers. There is a point swimming out where I have to dive under the waves, just like the surfers do. I then hang out and swim just past where they wait for the next ride and I swim over the swell.
I do essentially body surf coming back to shore. There is again a point at which I will ride over the wave, and then I begin to dive under them again, and then try to time when to start surfing the waves to get back to shore and counter the rip currents. A bit strange, if not unusual as I have been making a habit of this on a daily basis for quite a while now. Thankfully the life guards all keep a close eye on me, and the surfers throw me a Shaka as I swim by.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Finally finished this beast. Learning curve but some distinct favourite details! A very heavy cowhide from Europe, about 4.5-5oz. Plus quilted lining, cheap material and a pain to work with. Good for a winter beater jacket, pattern is great though.

Wow! Awesome!

madhu

Familiar Face
What Jacket Did You Bring To The Beach Today?

With a flurry of leather jackets arriving in the short time since I picked up this beauty in person from The Master Theodoros himself in Thessiloniki, I had to really give this jacket another once over.

I guess I prefer long jackets, as this really hits just where I like it to in the sleeves and belt line. When it is all zipped up it is trim and tight fitting without feeling at all constraining. Somehow the range of motion in the shoulders and arms is very good without any sort of gusset, or action back. I am not clear on the geometry of this and how he does it, but it is truly incredible to me.

In specifying this jacket I was looking for the lightest weight that he could make, keeping with his vision, and the goatskin that he chose does just that. It is indeed light weight coming in at 0.8 mm to 1.0 mm, and the tumbling and burnishing process that Theodoros does makes it so that the jacket needed no breaking in as such. However, I noticed yesterday wearing it for a long walk on the beach, after an exciting lesson with the power of nature and the Winter swell on the East side of this island, that the jacket drapes very nicely. It does soften up with wear, and as it warms the waxes used in the finishing seem to make it tangibly softer. At first I felt that I wanted something even lighter, but wearing it for several hours outdoors in the stormy tropical winter we have here, the weight was perfect. Low 70 degrees F. with the 25 mph trade winds gusting hard, I was not at all uncomfortable with wearing it totally zipped.

After my somewhat death defying swim doing the back stroke into 10 to 12 foot waves yesterday, I was very happy to make it back to shore to be greeted by my favorite lifeguard on his dune buggy that he drove down the beach to better make sure I "don't go down on his watch", and my custom Thedi to warm me in the air that is colder than the water temperature.

I found the perfect tropical island leather jacket which it turns out, isn't an oxymoron after all.
View attachment 391691 View attachment 391692 View attachment 391693 View attachment 391694 View attachment 391695 View attachment 391696 View attachment 391700
I may have to return here again someday for another visit to the islands and stop in for another jacket.
View attachment 391701
That was indeed an unforgettable Tuesday in Thessaloniki at Thedi's store, well worth a long, exciting journey to pick the perfect jacket up in person!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana