Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What is this jacket?
This is a custom made 5*.
I had the idea to made a mens version of Amelia Earharts Flight Jacket.
569E8AAB-1E1E-4E50-85E0-43CAB60B0674.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 391853
Honestly, I gladly ordered exactly the same jacket if you are not against. I like everything in this jacket. If you are comfortable, please call the name of this leather.
Of course with pleasure.
This is premium goat in seal color.
Black wool cuffs.
When you order, say you want the waistband tight. Unfortunately, there is not enough tension on the waistband of my jacket.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I tried on an Eastman Californian at Standard & Strange in Oakland before I moved, and liked the quality, I think it was a 46 and I decided I needed a long if I were to buy one new.

I put in a bid and won this one off The Bay and my tape has it a bit smaller than the advertised measurements. This 44 regular came in the mail yesterday and I snapped a few fit pics and headed down to the beach for a tumble in the surf. BIG waves this time of year on the East side of the island. I got tossed around good. The life guard commented on how the odd wave occasionally was breaking very far off shore. He obviously had seen me get smacked in the back by one.

I think I can wear the jacket, but it feels just a bit tight and short. The quality lives up to the reputation, with a very nice color and weight horsehide, and the construction is first rate. I may move this on for a 46 long. What say all of you, keeper or no? View attachment 391406 View attachment 391407 View attachment 391408 View attachment 391409 View attachment 391410 View attachment 391411 View attachment 391412

Looks great, but I concur that a 46 would probably be easier to live with by still maintaining a good silhouette.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
That was indeed an unforgettable Tuesday in Thessaloniki at Thedi's store, well worth a long, exciting journey to pick the perfect jacket up in person!!!
From Hawaii to Thessaloniki - that is indeed a LOOOONG journey! Congrats on the trip and a Thedi jacket.

Rawky

One of the Regulars
Thanks!, used from IH Classified's.. I got solid deal too, not quite your Brooks deal level though.

Ah, nice! Looks great. You rock it well. Is IH classifieds on their website? I know there's the outlet page, or is that the same thing?

Yeah, still can't quite believe the deal I got on my Brooks :D

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Is IH classifieds on their website? I know there's the outlet page, or is that the same thing?

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php

There is an Iron Heart Forum, similar to TFL with a Buy and Sell thread... was probably better for your wallet you didn't know about that.. my apologies in advance for any unnecessary spending

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 373

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
WOW! That's spectacular!
Thanks @Nickelman2005 Greg at Field Leathers does excellent work.

wow, looks very cool, congrats!!!!
thanks Stefan, love the cross zip now for sure! can't wait to see your green overdye project someday!

Jin - all your jackets fit spot on and you take so great of care of each of them. This Field Leathers just takes it all to another level. I really like the brown/brass combination on you there, and looks like Greg got all the details 100% on this one. Enjoy it! You likley waited a very long time for this one, so enjoy it like the treasure it is! :)
thank you, I just hope to keep within the same weight range so I can keep wearing my jackets. yes I will since it's one of those jackets that I really want to keep and wear for as long as I can. grateful to have this and happy it fits me

Well done! Excellent design and execution.
The attention to details is unmatched. Very nice!
gotta hand it to Gref and his eye for detail and steady hand. thank you

Cool. Fits perfectly. Congratulations
thank you! hope we see the 1st ever customer get another FL!

You have reached the perfect fit
thank you, that's too kind. Greg of FL is super!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto