Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Well hey now you found a Freewheelers that does fit you perfectly. Definitely get one as soon as you can. IMO it's the best jacket I've ever seen on you.

Beside of @Marc mndt Thedis ;)
It's definitively a great jacket and it does fit perfectly. But what keeps me from buying one is the fact that whenever I open Instagram, I'm bombarded with LaBreas. Why are we all wearing the same jacket?

For almost the same money I can buy two unique custom made hand dyed hand waxed Thedi's, which are at least at the same level in terms of construction quality (maybe even better) and are actually much more detailed.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
It's definitively a great jacket and it does fit perfectly. But what keeps me from buying one is the fact that whenever I open Instagram, I'm bombarded with LaBreas. Why are we all wearing the same jacket?

For almost the same money I can buy two unique custom made hand dyed hand waxed Thedi's, which are at least at the same level in terms of construction quality (maybe even better) and are actually much more detailed.
Interesting. I disagree on all counts, but especially on being bombarded by La Breas. Maybe we aren't following the same people, but I see La Breas quite infrequently. Now, if you start talking about Buco j24 copies then yeah... I'm completely overwhelmed by those... and n1 deck jackets.

If we stick to Freewheelers, I see vastly more Mulhollands than La Breas. That said, the La Brea is probably their second most popular jacket. I just see a lot more jackets from other brands.

Mrfrown

One Too Many

I think the question is more...do you see many La Breas in person? I have little kids and spend a lot of time around them, so understandably I'm normally the only person wearing leather. Even when with friends and no kids, same story. Do you expect you'll be seen as Mr Copycat La Brea to someone you're around often?

That aside, I'm with @dudewuttheheck as far as seeing a ton of J24 and N1s online and not that many La Breas

It also struck me that @Carlos840 said the La Brea is one of the main jackets in his rotation when he has so many to choose from, there must be something special going on there.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think the question is more...do you see many La Breas in person? I have little kids and spend a lot of time around them, so understandably I'm normally the only person wearing leather. Even when with friends and no kids, same story. Do you expect you'll be seen as Mr Copycat La Brea to someone you're around often?
I'm certain that I will never ever see someone wearing a LaBrea when walking down the street, unless I'm on my way to a TFL meet-up lol :). So in that sense it's all good. It's just that I really appreciate the idea that Theodoros or Greg or any other maker made some particular jacket for me personally and that there's no-one else in the world who owns the exact same jacket.

It also struck me that @Carlos840 said the La Brea is one of the main jackets in his rotation when he has so many to choose from, there must be something special going on there.

I didn't say the LaBrea isn't as good of a jacket as a Thedi or what have you. Actually, it's absolutely awesome. It's just that if I'm spending that kind of money, personally I'd rather buy a jacket that has been custom made for me.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I'm certain that I will never ever see someone wearing a LaBrea when walking down the street, unless I'm on my way to a TFL meet-up lol :). So in that sense it's all good. It's just that I really appreciate the idea that Theodoros or Greg or any other maker made some particular jacket for me personally and that there's no-one else in the world who owns the exact same jacket.

I didn't say the LaBrea isn't as good of a jacket as a Thedi or what have you. Actually, it's absolutely awesome. It's just that if I'm spending that kind of money, personally I'd rather buy a jacket that has been custom made for me.

I just didn't realize how highly you valued the custom experience.

It makes a lot of sense too with your background in more traditional men's tailoring where custom/bespoke is king

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

That aside, I'm with @dudewuttheheck as far as seeing a ton of J24 and N1s online and not that many La Breas

Full disclosure, i don't wear the LaBrea that much anymore.
It was one of my most worn jackets when i lived in London as i did most of my moving around in public transports.
Now that i am back in Belgium i ride a bike most days and because of that i usually wear a Lost Worlds or a Vanson, i just don't trust the LaBrea that way.
I still think it's an awesome jacket, but for me it has become a special occasion jacket/going out in the car more than a daily wearer.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many

That LaBrea couldn't fit you better if you had it made on Savile Row. Just the right amount of flair to make it a really special jacket that one.

Hh121

Banned
5star CXL
09C682F3-AAA3-4A12-87E2-8CF6FAF4B342.jpeg
9AF55579-E44F-4910-BB00-3267706FDA89.jpeg

The Labrea looked too tight on you imo, particularly across the chest, where it was stretched too much when zipped. I think your Thedi's look worlds better and the vintage pieces you have worlds better still. Of course, I could be biased.

Hh121

Banned
Your jacket is finally MAYBE starting to look like it MIGHT be breaking in. lol.

Starting to look good. Does your jacket have a hint of brown to it, or is it just the lighting?
Thanks RK! Not really there only a small area on the back showing some brown tone otherwise the entire jacket looks black/grey to me (in the directly sunlight you can see some brown tone).
FD79DA94-7815-4AA8-AABB-97B8029B93BD.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Levi Labeled Western Wear c. 60s/70s? I have seen this same jacket with a Woolen Mill label. I assume it was made for Levi using the Levi label. Beautiful Brown shades through out, great Western Yoke, nicely worked in hand warmer pockets.

Out on the porch for a dramatic Californian unboxing...

1644991304813.jpeg

1644991355324.jpeg

1644991435988.jpeg

1644991467727.jpeg

1644991545556.jpeg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm