Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Really digging this. Bronson A2 deck. Perfect dog walker for 50 F temps with tshirt underneath. No need to bundle up. Just grab and go.

I'm excited to get my N1 now. Anything close to this and I'll be really happy. Very well made.
20220216_185036.jpg
20220216_185028.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead you look cool. What size did you take?​

Haha. Thanks. So this A2 is marked XL but the previous owner washed it and apparently it shrunk at least 1 inch in ptp. Currently it's 22.5 ptp and my guess is originally it was close to 24 based on how Bronson does sizing.

For the n1 I ordered size 42 which also has ptp of about 24. I know I will wash it sooner or later because it's khaki, so knowing it will shrink, I bought a little bigger.

Based on photos I've seen, I might fit the 40, but I would have to be careful if I ever washed.

22.5 ptp for me is comfortable fit. I could probably come down another .25 inch and be ok. So I might wash again and put in dryer.

But I'm super impressed with this bronson. At least for this A2. Soon I will find out about the n1 and I will let you know.

Bennarion

One Too Many
Yes, they write on the official website that the jacket gives shrinkage after washing. Size 40 is risky to take because the sleeves will be short for you. I had a bad experience with the Bronson manufacturer. I bought a MA1 jacket from them, I was surprised by the quality, it seemed to me that it was very high quality. But when I got under a little rain after drying, white spots appeared on the fabric. I thought it didn't matter and decided to soak the jacket in warm water, and after drying, the jacket became all streaks from which it was impossible to get rid of. It was terrible.

born113

One of the Regulars
I had a bad experience with the Bronson manufacturer.
It seems that Bronson makes clothes exclusively for domestic Chinese market. It looks like they don't export much. I also did not fit the size of all their things. And I was not happy with their quality. But their styles look attractive and the sites they made are beautiful.

Bennarion

One Too Many
I also bought a new watch cap from them, it was beautiful, but after a couple of months it stretched and got a bad look. There are pitfalls behind the attractive price. Now I know any thing will show itself with wear

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just wow! I doubt that it gets much better than that. I actually even prefer this to the green one.
Many thanks.
Yes, I am very excited. This one is a little less stiff than the green jacket, but wears like a glove. From the fit again a little better than the green. So a real grab'n'go jacket... just perfect.
I am now really thinking about whether I should sell my Field Leathers and take a blue trucker from LL. lol

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Yes, they write on the official website that the jacket gives shrinkage after washing. Size 40 is risky to take because the sleeves will be short for you. I had a bad experience with the Bronson manufacturer. I bought a MA1 jacket from them, I was surprised by the quality, it seemed to me that it was very high quality. But when I got under a little rain after drying, white spots appeared on the fabric. I thought it didn't matter and decided to soak the jacket in warm water, and after drying, the jacket became all streaks from which it was impossible to get rid of. It was terrible.
I'll keep an eye and let you know as time goes by.

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars

Wow, just wow! This is exactly how I like my jackets to fit: slim and supple.

As you might remember, we ordered our Corsairs pretty much the same time. I decided to take the very basic route: black veg tan sheep, red quilted lining, black zipper tapes and not the tightest fit overall.

That was pretty much due to the hunt for the Flying Dominator, made only in brown, and which I knew would be tight-fitting. Well, I ended up parting my ways with it, and now when seeing these pictures I'm trying to find peace with my 'just basic black Corsair'.

It ain't easy.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

As you might remember, we ordered our Corsairs pretty much the same time. I decided to take the very basic route: black veg tan sheep, red quilted lining, black zipper tapes and not the tightest fit overall.

That was pretty much due to the hunt for the Flying Dominator, made only in brown, and which I knew would be tight-fitting. Well, I ended up parting my ways with it, and now when seeing these pictures I'm trying to find peace with my 'just basic black Corsair'.

It ain't easy.

It ain't easy.
Many thanks.
I took another look at your black one... I don't think you need to fret. It looks great and seems to fit really well. Should be easy to find peace :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails