Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
lol lol Nick! Same as Fifi, I'm not wearing anything, how hot it is... Been around 100F this whole week, and they say that's how it's going to stay forever so even the scarf is off.

Navetsea, how is this even possible. XD

I had to put clothes on- wife and kids came back from shopping (>_<)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No jacket for a few more days, still relaxing on the beach/by the pool in Hawaii.
I'll play when I get back home [emoji22]

thanks Big J :D that's a HUGE upgrade from my mundane reality... comic & children book illustrator :rain:

That's even better, artists are hackers of the mind. Or are those psychologists? XD

TBH right now I'd much rather be relaxing in Hawaii than wear a leather jacket... But not for too long. I don't find relaxing all that relaxing.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just on Oahu for a few days to break up the flight back from NY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried on my new Perry today before I went outside. It was actually 58º so it gave me hope that football and jacket weather are soon to come...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've been swapping between my Board Racer and 1576 contract so far. I think there have been approximately half-a-dozen days where it was too warm for a jacket so far, not a record summer by any means. I can see myself moving on to the Dust Bowl and my heavier A-2 once September comes in and after that, Irvin weather is just around the corner...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm in the south of france for a few days, its around 37c (100F) so no leather for me! Even in a T Shirt i am dying as soon as i do more than lying down without moving....

IXL

One Too Many
101°F today. No jacket, but I have the smoker going with some beef ribs, and listening to some Denny Martin tiki music, from 1957. My dad used to play this album when having people over for dinner (it's something he brought back from fighting in the Pacific in WWII). I was quite small but remember it well. It goes nicely with dark beer and the smoker. Leather jackets will have to wait a few weeks

Edit: my dad brought back a love for tiki music, when returning from the war. He didn't bring back an album.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
101°F today. No jacket, but I have the smoker going with some beef ribs, and listening to some Denny Martin tiki music, from 1957. My dad used to play this album when having people over for dinner (it's something he brought back from fighting in the Pacific in WWII). I was quite small but remember it well. It goes nicely with dark beer and the smoker. Leather jackets will have to wait a few weeks.

"Quiet Village" is a wonderful song.

IXL

One Too Many
"Quiet Village" is a wonderful song.

Yes sir!!!! This is the first song on the album "Exotica," from 1957. Dad and one of his former commanding officers used to both stand on foot stools while in our living room, and pretend to direct the band while this song played. I would be busy trying to sneak a sip from their tiki-inspired cocktails, while they directed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot