Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MikeinRome

Practically Family
Vintage Croft & Barrow jacket with both a Lee fedora and a Stetson Whippet. Jacket was another Goodwill find 10 or so years ago for no more than $25.

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_134116_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230120_134116_HDR.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20230120_134259_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230120_134259_HDR.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20230120_134501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230120_134501_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20230120_134522_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230120_134522_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20230120_134546_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230120_134546_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
Cotton/wool blend indigo dyed Apolis Activsm chore jacket. They don’t make these anymore.

Starting a new job Monday and I wanted to look smart.

Am I doing it right?

The Miller High Life's/bong are not a part of the look. :D

View attachment 482323 View attachment 482324
They stopped making these?!? I thought it was their signature item. I have both the wool and denim versions. It's what I wear when I need to "dress up."

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
They stopped making these?!? I thought it was their signature item. I have both the wool and denim versions. It's what I wear when I need to "dress up."
Yeah they switched over to just custom bags a few years ago. You have a rare item never to be seen again!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20230121_091144_Gallery.jpg
Washed my striped pants yesterday and wore it to dry, lots of indigo bled out, and now feels, wrinkles and drapes more like cotton, the lustre it had before that I thought was partly synthetic is gone and was just starch or whatever coating added to the raw fabrics to make it glides better during sewing perhaps. Testing to wear it tucked into boots.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 482409
Washed my striped pants yesterday and wore it to dry, lots of indigo bled out, and now feels, wrinkles and drapes more like cotton, the lustre it had before that I thought was partly synthetic is gone and was just starch or whatever coating added to the raw fabrics to make it glides better during sewing perhaps. Testing to wear it tucked into boots.

That whole outfit is ace! You’ve made me reconsider wabash.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That whole outfit is ace! You’ve made me reconsider wabash.
thanks alot coming from you its a high praise, I also only recently aware about the power of stripes, this pants is "wabash" the white is actually woven in the fabric, and not a discharge printing like the real deal, but the overall effect is the same, the fit and weight of the fabrics is also right so I'm happy with it

barnabus

One Too Many
No prizes will be awarded for anyone who guesses that today I'm wearing the Superdry again ofc because I love it.

Today is all a bit grey scale, but special mention for this morning's Everything Is For Everyday, which is a pair of Ixon winter motorcycle gloves. CE rated and armoured and by far the warmest gloves I have. And low profile enough to be just gloves when I'm walking in the woods.

IMG_20230121_121310769_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230121_121657627.jpg

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
No prizes will be awarded for anyone who guesses that today I'm wearing the Superdry again ofc because I love it.

Today is all a bit grey scale, but special mention for this morning's Everything Is For Everyday, which is a pair of Ixon winter motorcycle gloves. CE rated and armoured and by far the warmest gloves I have. And low profile enough to be just gloves when I'm walking in the woods.

View attachment 482469 View attachment 482470
That is a beautiful jacket. Which model is it?

barnabus

One Too Many
That is a beautiful jacket. Which model is it?

Thanks man, that's kind of you.

I'm not sure I can answer though. I got it used (but essentially unworn) off eBay and unlike a Schott there's no pocket tag with the model details. The tag has a model number though (I'll attach a photo below).

The closest I can find to it on Superdry's website is this one, where the details and seam placement are correct - but mine has blacked out hardware and the hide on mine looks significantly nicer than these catalogue photos.

There's also an example identical to mine on eBay at the moment (the model numbers coincide), but it's in (in my view a beautiful) brown leather.

Sorry I can't be more help!

IMG_20230121_145524469.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
Superdry is a bit of a minefield I think.

They can produce some nice quality pieces. And they can come up with some subtle, understated designs. And they can use some really heavy good quality cow hide.

But they often don't do any of those things. They are wont to plaster jackets with tons of crass oversized zips and massive brash logos, and use horrible thin printed leather.

It's like there are two Superdrys. One that produces well-finished iterations of classic designs, and one that produces rubbish.

And until you've got it in hand it's hard to tell which one is which.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Thanks man, that's kind of you.

I'm not sure I can answer though. I got it used (but essentially unworn) off eBay and unlike a Schott there's no pocket tag with the model details. The tag has a model number though (I'll attach a photo below).

The closest I can find to it on Superdry's website is this one, where the details and seam placement are correct - but mine has blacked out hardware and the hide on mine looks significantly nicer than these catalogue photos.

[/URL]

There's also an example identical to mine on eBay at the moment (the model numbers coincide), but it's in (in my view a beautiful) brown leather.

[/URL]

Sorry I can't be more help!

View attachment 482506
Thanks. I just couldn’t find a match on their website so you were very helpful in explaining.

View attachment 482469 View attachment 482470

Cool!!!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I’ve had some good luck with vintage stuff. Probably around 150 pieces or more over the past 20 years or so. This is only the second one I’ve had crumble. TBH I should’ve known better. It’s time for me to stop buying yellow jackets that started off brown and thinking I can Botox that ass back to life.
Late to this party -- really sorry this occurred!

This was something I thought about with the half-belt I saw in the antique shop recently. Very, very dry...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana