Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

hardlyworkingman

Familiar Face
Hiking in the woods after a fresh snowfall. Filson Tin Cloth Field Jacket.

fil1.jpg

fil2.jpg

TLW '90

Practically Family
It's been really wet and windy this past week, so I've mostly just been hanging around the house and working on things in my workshop when I'm not at work.

My choice of shop jacket has been this 70's JC Penny's Big Mac.
20230228_165730.jpg

I was unimpressed with the quality and heft / thickness when I got it in early December, but it has really been growing on me.
I love the cut / fit, and I got it so cheap that I don't have to worry about trying to keep it too nice.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I've heard about this tree in Terry's back yard that grows leather jackets. Looks like some are ready for picking.

View attachment 493622
The Tree bears much Fruit, some is plucked, like the Lost World Bison, the others remain. I've back to the tree recently, it has 3 Bucos ripening, should be ready soon.
Dibs on the piece of fruit above his head...
Talk about the size of my Fruit and you may not want it.
You guys who are in Terry's size are really lucky. All you have to do is to convince him to sell.

lol! My grip on jackets my size is strong! I just sol 6-7 jackets recently, everything I had listed in the classifieds here

I can be a reluctant seller. I look more at replacement; when will another show up? 50s jackets are fairly easy to replace, pre-war jackets continue to be scarce and very difficult to replace. Some stuff I'm just in love with oftentimes just like everyone else who wants it! Part of the conflict in selling really nice stuff, you want it too.
Easier said than done!
look at what you have been wearing, you don't need anything else. ;your thirst is insatiable perhaps more so than mine.
I think Terry could start a tourist destination service were we could pay by the hour to try his jackets on:)
lol! gives me an idea; lease out jackets! so much per season, Jackets for all Seasons!

mumpy

A-List Customer
Bronson A1

Nice jacket, fit is not bad but leather is a bit floppy (not sure if this is the case with other A1s in goat skin).

Has some chemical smell that I've been trying to remove for ages (left it hanging outside for like a week but it is still there).

D8B030F9-A801-43E3-AB73-B353FECB0934.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
A couple of new additions - both custom orders from Aero - a Coastal Command Irvin in their pebbled merino shearling and a Shackleton with leather back in tobacco badalassi. Really delighted with these and already breaking in v nicely - the badalassi grain is emerging and the typical “wavy” moulding is taking shape. The Irvin is lighter than my Eastman ANJ4 so fills a gap rather than overlapping - the latter is for the really cold weather, the former then takes over as temperatures rise - both get equal wear at present in the UK. The Shackleton is really a very handy jacket - I wear it around the house at present but it also fits under the shearlings and also will be getting a lot of wear come the warmer months.

That Shackleton looks *fantastic*. Both do! The CC Irvin was still in the prototyping stage when I visited the factory in 2014. At some point I'm going to buy myself a new Irvin and that version is the leading candidate.

The Shackleton is especially interesting, though, as I have had my eye on one of those for some time - I'm keen on an all-leather with drill lining version, one each in black and brown. For those warmer days when a full jacket is just a bit too much, but I don't want to go jacketless entirely. I was leaning towards the idea of goat for both, but that Badalassi looks amazing....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points