Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Psant25

One Too Many
Outstanding!

What size and leather is this, please?
Size 38 with added sleeve and body length. Also did a 19 shoulder. Pit is 23ish. They fit similar to stock 38 hwyman but a touch slimmer in body and shorter. Stock 38 has a 23.5 back and i did a 24.5.

Leather is black vic. Seems closer to cxl this batch less grainy than my other vic. Suppose it could even be cxl but i asked for vic. None the less leather is great

23 pit
19 shoulder
24.5 back
25.5 sleeve

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Another Day in FW Brakeman

61138F2D-DE3F-4281-85F0-F4ACB29DB0BB.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Size 38 with added sleeve and body length. Also did a 19 shoulder. Pit is 23ish. They fit similar to stock 38 hwyman but a touch slimmer in body and shorter. Stock 38 has a 23.5 back and i did a 24.5.

Leather is black vic. Seems closer to cxl this batch less grainy than my other vic. Suppose it could even be cxl but i asked for vic. None the less leather is great

23 pit
19 shoulder
24.5 back
25.5 sleeve

Would never have guessed this to be Vic. Looks just great!

Sizing remains a mystery to me. Numbers look perfect to me, but then I always needed a size 40 in the 1950ish patterns of Aero. I bet, I would have trouble at the hem with this one.

Anyway, looks absolutely super! Now fit pix are an absolute must!

Psant25

One Too Many
Would never have guessed this to be Vic. Looks just great!

Sizing remains a mystery to me. Numbers look perfect to me, but then I always needed a size 40 in the 1950ish patterns of Aero. I bet, I would have trouble at the hem with this one.

Anyway, looks absolutely super! Now fit pix are an absolute must!
I think this is cxl hh i wore it today.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Getting warmer, thought I'd show you the evo of a 23-oz Wingman denim Type iii over three months on bike (not motorbike) rides as a layer and one wash. They do get better with age, lol.

Today:

View attachment 504467 January:

View attachment 504468
the ghosting on the chest pocket flap looks amazing, and the collar takes nice shape too, I really need to wear mine on bicycle riding too.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

23 pit
19 shoulder
24.5 back
25.5 sleeve
Has Aero been sending people the wrong leather? Can't say I've heard of that except of course when the Simmons crew was in charge. If so, you'd be able to return/exchange I'm sure.
I think this is cxl hh i wore it today.
It's not. CXL is brown core. This is a dyed-through black, which eliminates CXL and Jerky. Looks like black Vicenza. Similar graining to my Vicenza jacket.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
the ghosting on the chest pocket flap looks amazing, and the collar takes nice shape too, I really need to wear mine on bicycle riding too.
@navetsea , keep in mind that I wore it on a bicycle as an underlayer Jan-April in NY in mostly cold temperatures, pretty much every day for about 90 minutes - my regular bike rides. It worked great because the thick denim blocked the wind very well. Wearing it under a shell jacket provided the denim with a bit of abrasion, accelerating the fades. I saw that trick in some online fade competition - a guy wore a denim jacket as an underlayer for a whole year while doing manual work and got the most beautiful fades I ever saw. I am very impatient, cannot wait a whole year, and also don't want to wear the same jacket for 8 hours/day, so I used the jacket for biking. I like the result. I intensely dislike brand new denim and wanted to "personalize" the jacket asap.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
CXL loveliness, SB Detroit
Looks awesome! How long have you had the jacket? CXL steer? Now they charge 200gbp extra for this leather, mainly because they are discontinuing it I heard. Received a sample of it - blown away even by the sample. So awesome to see it on a well worn jacket!

Psant25

One Too Many
Has Aero been sending people the wrong leather? Can't say I've heard of that except of course when the Simmons crew was in charge. If so, you'd be able to return/exchange I'm sure.

It's not. CXL is brown core. This is a dyed-through black, which eliminates CXL and Jerky. Looks like black Vicenza. Similar graining to my Vicenza jacket.
Not sure and not really bothered by it. How are you determining it is dyed through? I did not look at the zip pulls and side cinch leather, but that may indeed be dyed through black I will need to take a closer look. I have bought quite a few new aeros. Leather is nothing like my other black vic jacket i just got from them. Feels more like my previous cxl jackets. Leather is beautiful whatever it is and i am pleased. That is all that matters to me.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not sure and not really bothered by it. How are you determining it is dyed through? I did not look at the zip pulls and side cinch leather, but that may indeed be dyed through black I will need to take a closer look.

There are several zipper pulls and leather laces right there that are clearly black. Black CXL has a brown core that is finished with a black pigment.

I’ve also never heard of Aero making the jacket in the wrong leather. If they did such a thing, I’d imagine it ends up in the sale section, with the jacket remade in the correct hide.

I have bought quite a few new aeros. Leather is nothing like my other black vic jacket i just got from them. Feels more like my previous cxl jackets. Leather is beautiful whatever it is and i am pleased. That is all that matters to me.

Different batches of leather will vary. When it comes to Vicenza, there have been quite stiff, CXL-like batches, extremely scrotal grainy batches, etc.

Psant25

One Too Many
There are several zipper pulls and leather laces right there that are clearly black. Black CXL has a brown core that is finished with a black pigment.

I’ve also never heard of Aero making the jacket in the wrong leather. If they did such a thing, I’d imagine it ends up in the sale section, with the jacket remade in the correct hide.

Different batches of leather will vary. When it comes to Vicenza, there have been quite stiff, CXL-like batches, extremely scrotal grainy batches, etc.
Yes think you are correct based on zip pulls etc. good call. Either way i am happy. Always love “scrotal” used to describe something but it is true lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24