Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

50’s era suede HB. Thankfully the sellers measurements were entirely off and in my favor.
IMG_4303.jpeg
IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4305.jpeg
After 5 too small jackets in a row, all it takes is one good fit, glance in the mirror and….
IMG_4281.gif

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
@navetsea , keep in mind that I wore it on a bicycle as an underlayer Jan-April in NY in mostly cold temperatures, pretty much every day for about 90 minutes - my regular bike rides. It worked great because the thick denim blocked the wind very well. Wearing it under a shell jacket provided the denim with a bit of abrasion, accelerating the fades. I saw that trick in some online fade competition - a guy wore a denim jacket as an underlayer for a whole year while doing manual work and got the most beautiful fades I ever saw. I am very impatient, cannot wait a whole year, and also don't want to wear the same jacket for 8 hours/day, so I used the jacket for biking. I like the result. I intensely dislike brand new denim and wanted to "personalize" the jacket asap.
yours is at the balance state between new and faded, I think it looks best. I did wear my denim jacket under leather jacket for some time when I thought they look boring, perhaps that what contributed to the sleeve fading on my type 3 but I found the cuff button and perhaps also the seam construction of the denim jacket sleeve was too harsh for my jacket liner material, perhaps I can try to wear it under another denim jacket

sshack

A-List Customer
I’ve also never heard of Aero making the jacket in the wrong leather. If they did such a thing, I’d imagine it ends up in the sale section, with the jacket remade in the correct hide.
Years ago, I believe there was a dust up at aero when some HH CXL Jackets were actually made with steerhide and/or a combo of both. I believe apologies were made...

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Years ago, I believe there was a dust up at aero when some HH CXL Jackets were actually made with steerhide and/or a combo of both. I believe apologies were made...

Yeah I mentioned that earlier. When the founders of Simmons Bilt were the management at Aero, they used to upcharge for CXL horse and then make the jacket out of CXL steer. The Simmons guy actually doubled down on the practice in his trial, lol.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
actually why don't we combine several different leathers into one jacket? strong hide on the outer side of the sleeve, softer hide on the inner side, firmer leather on the front and back panel, softer leather on the side panel, maybe extra thick leather for the belt and patch pockets, if the tanning method is similar and the color is standard wouldn't it become a versatile jacket

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
actually why don't we combine several different leathers into one jacket? strong hide on the outer side of the sleeve, softer hide on the inner side, firmer leather on the front and back panel, softer leather on the side panel, maybe extra thick leather for the belt and patch pockets, if the tanning method is similar and the color is standard wouldn't it become a versatile jacket

This isn't unheard of. Canuck has done this on a few jackets; I'm doing it on a jacket I have on the way.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Looks awesome! How long have you had the jacket? CXL steer? Now they charge 200gbp extra for this leather, mainly because they are discontinuing it I heard. Received a sample of it - blown away even by the sample. So awesome to see it on a well worn jacket!
Thanks. Yeah, it's steer and from June 2021. Can't go wrong with this leather! CXL is the king!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner