Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

newtojackets

Practically Family
New pickup from me. Too loud to be a daily piece, but I am loving the look of it:

AC7A924E-24F7-437D-8F97-D23DB9D0CDED.jpeg 9BF49F66-AEE7-42B4-8B32-9F6578F12562.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
Is that brass or "gold"? Because brass ages well and becomes darker. If then the leather is still violently broken in, then the jacket also has potential for everyday life ;)
Not 100% sure but I don’t think it’s a brass, but you might be right that as this ages it becomes less flashy!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Waiker

New in Town
Return it. There was a mistake and I think it was sold that way was an oversight. Or was that a lowered price for that very reason?
I would not like it that way.
It was on their regular "ready to wear" section. No special sales price...No idea how to send back and get back my 200 euros from the DHL import VAT etc...What an annoying hassle...

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

MrProper

It was on their regular "ready to wear" section. No special sales price...No idea how to send back and get back my 200 euros from the DHL import VAT etc...What an annoying hassle...
I would try to have it repaired (if that is possible at all) or exchange the jacket.
If the return explicitly runs as a return, then you pay no more VAT.

Waiker

New in Town
I would try to have it repaired (if that is possible at all) or exchange the jacket.
If the return explicitly runs as a return, then you pay no more VAT.
I've already paid DHL all the customs fees + import VAT. Never bought anything outside EU before which I had to return so I'm just totally clueless.

Waiker

New in Town
No, this is not normal for Aero products. At least not to this extend.
Thanks for the clarification. Will have to return it then. Just super annoying to deal with it. Especially after looking forward to receive it:( Think I updated the DHL tracking page 20+ times per day :D

MrProper

I've already paid DHL all the customs fees + import VAT. Never bought anything outside EU before which I had to return so I'm just totally clueless.
I meant that you then don't have to pay VAT a second time should a repaired jacket come back.
How to get back the paid VAT when you withdraw from the purchase, I unfortunately do not know.

Waiker

New in Town
I meant that you then don't have to pay VAT a second time should a repaired jacket come back.
How to get back the paid VAT when you withdraw from the purchase, I unfortunately do not know.
That is true. That would be the best outcome if they could just repair that one arm...Thanks for your input @MrProper . Appreciated!

TLW '90

Practically Family
I was really underwhelmed by this 70's JC penny's big MAC when I got it because I received my pioneer wear vest the same day and was so impressed by it's quality, but I was too quick to judge and have actually been liking it quite a lot lately.
20230404_091855.jpg

We've had some low 70's days as we're getting into spring, but mostly it's been around 60° with a mild wind chill and this jacket has been perfect.

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
If you do an exchange, you shouldn't get stuck with any more customs charges as long as this is stated on the paperwork. Aero may cover the postage if it is a QC issue. It's worth emailing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana