Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

sshack

A-List Customer

Tyler Durden

New in Town
MF Ranch Blouse - Ice Blue

Attachments

• 8710A592-AF6F-4ED1-AB53-39D1B405DD9C.jpeg
    8710A592-AF6F-4ED1-AB53-39D1B405DD9C.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just received this Aero. It's my first jacket in CXL so the stiffness came as a shock o_O On a more concerning note. These annoying wrinkles. Are they normal or should I opt for a return? Stock jacket...
That must be disappointing for your first big jacket purchase but it could be a blessing in disguise.

Is there anything you want to tweak? Leather, colour, length etc. This has just become a fit jacket to ensure the one you keep is perfect!

Aero is above board and unless this was clearly sold at a discount , I'm be VERY surprised if they didn't make this right with as little hassle as possible.

Let us know how you get on.

Waiker

New in Town
That must be disappointing for your first big jacket purchase but it could be a blessing in disguise.

Is there anything you want to tweak? Leather, colour, length etc. This has just become a fit jacket to ensure the one you keep is perfect!

Aero is above board and unless this was clearly sold at a discount , I'm be VERY surprised if they didn't make this right with as little hassle as possible.

Let us know how you get on.
It is...It was a regular from their ready to wear section. Not their apprentice section. I want to make clear it was no custom order though but no flaws mentioned.
I got a very fast response from one of their employees who has been super friendly. Afraid I won't get this repaired. Think they will just take it back and refund me, then put it up back on their site again with said flaws mentioned.
Would be nice if they could repair it though since I enjoyed the jacket and it fit well.
Their service so far has been superb.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Getting warmer, thought I'd show you the evo of a 23-oz Wingman denim Type iii over three months on bike (not motorbike) rides as a layer and one wash. They do get better with age, lol.

Today:

View attachment 504467 January:

View attachment 504468
When you first got this I checked out Wingman but took too long to order one of these and missed it, so the fact that it looks this damn good stings a bit! Really nice

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
When you first got this I checked out Wingman but took too long to order one of these and missed it, so the fact that it looks this damn good stings a bit! Really nice
Thanks. Keep an eye on Wingman other offerings, they should have some in heavy denim coming up, also their Japanese denim is nice. You can contact them on WhatsApp, they respond.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Just received this Aero. It's my first jacket in CXL so the stiffness came as a shock o_O On a more concerning note. These annoying wrinkles. Are they normal or should I opt for a return? Stock jacket...

View attachment 504459
View attachment 504460
View attachment 504461
View attachment 504462
As already mentioned by some forum members, return the jacket. You will never be happy with this one, especially since you have a direct comparison with your elmc roadstar and this scale is hard to surpass...

Waiker

New in Town
As already mentioned by some forum members, return the jacket. You will never be happy with this one, especially since you have a direct comparison with your elmc roadstar and this scale is hard to surpass...

Yeah afraid I will...Some part in me wanted to just keep the jacket because I was so happy with the fit and colour. But knowing myself I would look at those wrinkles every day and be annoyed. I think I'm a pretty annoying customer in general asking too many questions and being too anal about stuff:eek:
And yeah quite a difference in comparison...Hope you have a great day @58panheadfan ! :)

Last edited:

TG3

One of the Regulars
Particularly nice... mind if I ask which horse hide/tannery Shangri La used for that one?
Thanks! It looks better in direct sunlight. CF Stead according to their site:

The Front Quarter Pull-up Horsehide by Charles F. Stead is made by selected European Full Grain horse hides tanned with Steads’ traditional garment tannage and finished with a blend of “classic pull-up” waxes. This produces a pure-aniline leather with a Unique Rich character.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Thanks! It looks better in direct sunlight. CF Stead according to their site:

The Front Quarter Pull-up Horsehide by Charles F. Stead is made by selected European Full Grain horse hides tanned with Steads’ traditional garment tannage and finished with a blend of “classic pull-up” waxes. This produces a pure-aniline leather with a Unique Rich character.
The combo of the pull up and the creasing all the way up the arm is fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner