Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
After drooling over the high end jackets at Inspiration I was inspired to go low end. Talon tear drop zippers on a Lee reversible trucker, late 60s? Cool doesn't have to be high end! Happy Easter

View attachment 506025 View attachment 506026

View attachment 506027 View attachment 506028
View attachment 506030
So true, but this is where knowledge and experience act as a form of currency. I could spend untold amounts to get to your level of proficiency. I hope one day to be able to spot the true diamonds in the vintage world!

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Looks killer man! TFH is one of my faves!
Thanks man! It was one of those that was gonna nag at me if I didn't just buy it so I can move on. I think it's the one that pulled me in a couple years ago and set me to lurking about.

dublinprem

A-List Customer
Real McCoys deadwood

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-10 at 12.16.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-10 at 12.16.27.jpeg

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
I have the luxury of a weight room where I work and I take full advantage. My only goal is to try and keep ahead of my Italian born desire to eat (and drink) everything I encounter. Sometimes I’m on the happy side of par, other times I’m not.
Like I always say" Don't expect the jacket to make you look good; instead train your physique to make the jacket look good" :)

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Y'2 Leathers KB-140-T Kakishibu Persimmon Tan. Takes a beautiful color after some wear.
View attachment 506328
Beautiful jacket and the color is primo! First time seeing this style - I consider this to be a more sophisticated, contemporary take on the Type III trucker jacket. Really, really nice! Hopefully my pending Aero T-3 in Natural Vicenza will acquire a similar hue should I be so lucky!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Goatskin Police jacket.

Dated; October, 1937. I'm dated October, 1952.

The jacket is in Beautiful Goatskin. No label. Probably a size 42.

This pic was taken last May. I had open heart surgery on April 11, 22. Doesn't fit as well now, but I'm alive!

View attachment 506405
Great image and jacket. Being a part of life's daily festivities is the best gift anyone could have. You and your contributions are gifts that keep on giving - Thanks for being you and a part of this wonderful forum! I am a bit older than you (1950) - we all age but we don't have to grow old!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Great image and jacket. Being a part of life's daily festivities is the best gift anyone could have. You and your contributions are gifts that keep on giving - Thanks for being you and a part of this wonderful forum! I am a bit older than you (1950) - we all age but we don't have to grow old!
Thank you so much for your kind words and Wisdom from someone my Senior!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The aging on this... it's starting to fold and darken into a patina monster. Easily among the most unique jackets I've ever seen. Did you help design this? Really dig the fasteners
thanks, yes it has stained by its antiqued brass hardware with dark spots too, thanks it was based on my doodle, and the fastener idea was based on a picture of shearling jacket once shown here, luckily I can find some similar type fastener for purse/ satchel here locally although not at the same quality as similar looking stuff for boating purpose

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
thanks, yes it has stained by its antiqued brass hardware with dark spots too, thanks it was based on my doodle, and the fastener idea was based on a picture of shearling jacket once shown here, luckily I can find some similar type fastener for purse/ satchel here locally although not at the same quality as similar looking stuff for boating purpose
Looking forward to seeing that one age over time!

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Savoring the last bits of the Leather Jacket weather wearing this modified 1940s Sportclad MC.

Please dont ban me... but I had the lining changed (as it stank, and was ragged, and I am planning to wear this a lot) to Satin but I had a swath of the original lining sewn with the tag. It also have fleece underneath for warmth (not that much). The "patina" was restored when I was able to wipe off the Urad when I sprayed the jacket with vodka to get rid of the smell. Admittedly it did wipe off some of the dye as well. Waiting on Japanese Mustang paste to condition it one last time.

Unsure if I am just not used to a vintage fit but it seems a bit short. But everything else is money! Here it is with my project Duster that finally arrived.

Edit: My new tailor changed the pockets too! And even gave me one inner pocket.

Chucks.JPG

Attachments

• Sportclad Tag.jpg
    Sportclad Tag.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • Lining 1.jpg
    Lining 1.jpg
    997.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Redwings.JPG
    Redwings.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 132

Forum statistics