Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

mumpy

A-List Customer
613SH

IMG_4299.JPG

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Been alternating on three jackets that are not quite a perfect fit, but for some darned reason are just so comfortable I cannot seem to take them off.

Cal Leather first (a bit short, great leather and amazing pattern here)

DSC_0925.JPG

Langlitz Columbia Crossack in Goatskin, also quite a nice pattern and the goatskin is growing on me, a little short in the torso -

DSC_0928.JPG

Langlitz Pocket Columbia with belt and padded elbows. Recent pickup via ebay, over 10 lbs and still mid-weight leather (!) - this one is a little too large overall, but works great with a sweatshirt under it. Not even close to broken in, one of the few time's I felt I got a "deal" off ebay. I'll take it! :)

DSC_0931.JPG

And a word about the background - that's a lilac bush here in my backyard in Iowa. The smell is amazing and it's such a great reminder of spring. IT's been a great season, even if the jackets may be less than an ideal fit. Go have a wonderful weekend everyone! :)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Mine not nearly as grand...

A nice pick-up, these are very good bang for their buck!

I gave it the gentle wash and a 400 spin and it dried out like a digestive biscuit.

View attachment 518556

Tried a new thing this time, (no Pecards), Saphir, (thanks @Marc mndt) this stuff works a treat on very, very dry leather.

Half and half.

View attachment 518557

and getting to the point....but not showing off it's true sun colours

View attachment 518559 View attachment 518561
Nice wash job.
Gap did put out some surprisingly good trucker leathers.
I always wondered who Gap commissioned to make these??
Big bang for the bucks.

It dried out but did it shrink much?
Love the trousers! Military issue or other?
B

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Not so much wearing but rather posing. Too little time and really too warm.

First pictures is a Vanson ‚B‘ in Firenze leather just received from @Canuck Panda. I am really glad, I gave Vanson a second try. The jacket is a tank, but the leather is soft and pliable.
Big thanks to Tom for a splendid transaction and a good deal on a superb jacket!

Second set is - of course - the new Schott 613SH that I plan to wear extensively during the weekend no matter what.

Both jackets are a bit more roomy than what I used to prefer a little while ago. I enjoy the new found freedom of movement, and looking at the pictures, I don’t see anything too large at all.

IMG_5987.jpeg
IMG_5986.jpeg
IMG_5990.jpeg
IMG_5991.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Not so much wearing but rather posing. Too little time and really too warm.

First pictures is a Vanson ‚B‘ in Firenze leather just received from @Canuck Panda. I am really glad, I gave Vanson a second try. The jacket is a tank, but the leather is soft and pliable.
Big thanks to Tom for a splendid transaction and a good deal on a superb jacket!

Second set is - of course - the new Schott 613SH that I plan to wear extensively during the weekend no matter what.

Both jackets are a bit more roomy than what I used to prefer a little while ago. I enjoy the new found freedom of movement, and looking at the pictures, I don’t see anything too large at all.

View attachment 518813 View attachment 518814 View attachment 518816 View attachment 518815
Pair of aces, great fits!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
$23 Sears leather shop. I hit it with brown Urad. The lowest form of leather, weighs 2.6 lbs. Fits to the nuts though and it’s certainly different. The official jacket of nose candy and disco. Now if only I could buy back my ‘78 Camaro…
View attachment 518924 View attachment 518925
I also had the Camaro once. I no longer know the exact year of manufacture, but must have been about 78 +|-.
But I only had the small block with 5.7 l.
In any case, an extremely cool car.

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
It's crazy how similar two places that are so far away can be. I've been to Bergen by sea and I found that it really did look like the West Coast of Canada to me.

Great jacket BTW! I bet it's great on the bike, but how you find it for wearing casually? It's defiantly a "one day' jacket for me.
I am afraid it's not as exotic as Vancouver Island. I am standing in my own garden looking over Tyrifjorden, Norway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24