Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Motocann

One Too Many
Just one of the vintage jackets I've owned over the years. Most are gone, grew tired of repairs.
front.jpg
back.jpg
collar.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The jacket actually has lots of patina up close. The wind flap over the zipper and two of the back belt loops have gone full tea core I guess :) My wife actually loves this one….it has a certain “Je ne sais quoi”…

View attachment 521499 View attachment 521500 View attachment 521501 View attachment 521502
Awesome jacket. Looks like someone selectively stripped the topcoat though. Would not bother me much, makes it unique. And the hide is true tea core!!!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The jacket actually has lots of patina up close. The wind flap over the zipper and two of the back belt loops have gone full tea core I guess :) My wife actually loves this one….it has a certain “Je ne sais quoi”…

View attachment 521499 View attachment 521500 View attachment 521501 View attachment 521502
wow those selective fading looks unique, nice accent, I bet if finecreek boys see this they would purposefully recreate this fade on one unchopped belt loop on their leon jacket

X83

One of the Regulars
I have a question about Dhl import tax I live in USA and pay aero 50 for shipping and then get hit with extra tax from Dhl but today I got package from aero a jacket mind you and I did not have to pay import tax can someone explain

I have a question about Dhl import tax I live in USA and pay aero 50 for shipping and then get hit with extra tax from Dhl but today I got package from aero a jacket mind you and I did not have to pay import tax can someone explain
You got lucky. I have had the same experience...Anything over $800 USD and you "should" get hit. I'm about 60/40 in favor of not getting hit when stuff ships direct from Aero. I can't explain it but it's nice when it works out that way.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

The threshold to trigger import duties is $800, but third party carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL) scam you in a sense by calling import tax when in reality it's their convenience fee. In my experience third party carriers are usually able to move stuff through customs quicker as opposed to the global postal system. With post I've had stuff sit for weeks waiting to clear.

I wouldn't necessarily mind the "convenience fee" knowing that it'll probably get to me quicker, but what irks me is that they try to hide it as being related to import tax when in fact that's complete bs.

X83

One of the Regulars
You got lucky. I have had the same experience...Anything over $800 USD and you "should" get hit. I'm about 60/40 in favor of not getting hit when stuff ships direct from Aero. I can't explain it but it's nice when it works out that way.
Thank you for helping me understand I’ve had about 3 jackets and 2 vest come from aero in about 2months well because I have a new found addiction to leather and well these fees add up to almost a jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112