Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ChrisDamned

Familiar Face
Even if I'm not a fan of the "modernity" of certain leather jacket designs, I fell in love with this jacket which is a real armor for the motorcycle. Nice thick cowhide leather. And despite what you might think, the sleeves do not "balloon". Sorry no fit pictures yet. Brand "Dream Apparel" and it's rather true...

IMG_20230602_170144535.jpg

IMG_20230602_170158364.jpg

IMG_20230602_170207181.jpg

IMG_20230602_170304721.jpg

IMG_20230602_170336271.jpg

IMG_20230602_170356533.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230602_170336271.jpg
    IMG_20230602_170336271.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Every time I think I am all good with my carefulily obtained crosszips consisting of a Schott 118 and a Black Stallion I see you wearing this. Then I second guess my life choices and think I need a C2 And would hope it looked like yours. Awesome jacket.
I got really lucky with this one and had to be pretty patient. The seller didn't want to sell it when I first contacted him. He changed his mind a few months later and I'm extremely grateful for that.

cbez

One Too Many
Fine Creek Eric, Japan model. Only way to get stock sleeves that fit my trex arms. has taken a while to find one because they really seem to hold their value over there on the used market and I didn't wanna pay a ton + tariff.

Super plush with ultra soft leather + the quilted lining. I love grainy jackets and only FC and lost worlds really put out horsehide consistently that I like on that level.

the swing arms are probably the most controversial choice on the pattern but you do feel them in extra movement.

sleeves are quite narrow so if you have hogan pythons pass on this one for sure.

I know fcl are controversial on here but I like it a lot.

20230602_132957.jpg

Attachments

• 20230602_133158.jpg
    20230602_133158.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 92
  • 20230602_133106.jpg
    20230602_133106.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 95

Observe

One Too Many
Fine Creek Eric, Japan model. Only way to get stock sleeves that fit my trex arms. has taken a while to find one because they really seem to hold their value over there on the used market and I didn't wanna pay a ton + tariff.

Super plush with ultra soft leather + the quilted lining. I love grainy jackets and only FC and lost worlds really put out horsehide consistently that I like on that level.

the swing arms are probably the most controversial choice on the pattern but you do feel them in extra movement.

sleeves are quite narrow so if you have hogan pythons pass on this one for sure.

I know fcl are controversial on here but I like it a lot.

View attachment 522384
ID on boots? Looks like something in shinki, similar to the John Lofgren combat boot.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Any barefoot shoe fans on TFL? It's a very interesting topic.
I keep hearing about this, but don’t know much apart from those Vibram “five-finger” sports shoe that became very popular 10 years ago here in Oz among the fitness community.
Is barefoot shoe the name of the brand or a style of shoe?
Why is it becoming an interesting topic in your opinion? (Apart from the biomechanics benefits of using minimal footwear when exercising or walking long distances).
Cheers.

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
I keep hearing about this, but don’t know much apart from those Vibram “five-finger” sports shoe that became very popular 10 years ago here in Oz among the fitness community.
Why is it becoming an interesting topic in your opinion? (Apart from the biomechanics benefits of using minimal footwear when exercising or walking long distances).
Cheers.
A "barefoot shoe" is simply a style of footwear that attempts to mimic, as closely as practical, the concept and feel of wearing no shoes while still providing protection for the wearer's feet. Usually that involves having no heel raise (which most shoes have nowadays) and no arch support (also very common), and the thickness of the sole is generally minimised to maximise "ground feel", which helps the muscles in the foot (and leg) develop and strengthen when walking, running etc.

Of course, the thickness of such footwear can vary since an extremely thin sole may not always be sufficient for activities like trail running, which could require a sole with better grip and perhaps more protection against small rocks and that sort of thing, but it depends on the experience of the wearer (some very experienced trail runners can run in those huarache sandals that are only 2-3mm thick without any issues).

They typically have a wider toe box than standard shoes as well, which is designed to help the feet and toes spread normally without being "forced into" the shape of the shoe, like so:

XRAY-IMAGE_480x480_jpg.jpg

Aesthetically speaking it can make for unusual looking foorwear sometimes but some brands do it well without making them look goofy.

Found a big mirror on the way to a local barefoot shoes shop where my friend, who is visiting me, wanted to get his first pair. Any barefoot shoe fans on TFL? It's a very interesting topic.
One here :)

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
By way of excusing my previous foray into non-leather jacket territory, here's a photo of one of my recent jacket acquisitions:

bootleggersacidyellow.png

Bootleggers Buena Vista in acid yellow :D

No fit pic right now but I'll try to fix that at some point. It's a little long in the sleeves but otherwise it fits perfectly for me. This is not the first goatskin Bootlegger's jacket that I've handled so I was expecting it to be fairly stiff like the previous jacket I owned (that I've long since passed along) but I'm pleasantly surprised by how soft it is. Going into regular rotation for sure!

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Cheers.
@Batoidea summed it up nicely. For me this "trend" really represents long term health vs short term comfort/aesthetics, but the most important thing by far is the wide/anatomical toe box.

Fonzie

One Too Many
A "barefoot shoe" is simply a style of footwear that attempts to mimic, as closely as practical, the concept and feel of wearing no shoes while still providing protection for the wearer's feet. Usually that involves having no heel raise (which most shoes have nowadays) and no arch support (also very common), and the thickness of the sole is generally minimised to maximise "ground feel", which helps the muscles in the foot (and leg) develop and strengthen when walking, running etc.

Of course, the thickness of such footwear can vary since an extremely thin sole may not always be sufficient for activities like trail running, which could require a sole with better grip and perhaps more protection against small rocks and that sort of thing, but it depends on the experience of the wearer (some very experienced trail runners can run in those huarache sandals that are only 2-3mm thick without any issues).

They typically have a wider toe box than standard shoes as well, which is designed to help the feet and toes spread normally without being "forced into" the shape of the shoe, like so:

View attachment 522671

Aesthetically speaking it can make for unusual looking foorwear sometimes but some brands do it well without making them look goofy.

One here :)
Thanks for taking the time, nicely explained.
Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana