Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Too hot for leather jackets these days, but I'm stubborn enough to rock my boots.
PXL_20230521_071525183.jpg

Too hot for leather jackets these days, but I'm stubborn enough to rock my boots.
View attachment 524566
Adorable pic! Cherish these years. They grow up so damn fast and you stay put, blink twice and you’ve got a teenager on your hands! I never noticed the passage of time with such poignant and simultaneously joyous awareness, as I have watching my daughter grow up.

Buttons would be cool, but I also feel that the 70s chunky zippers give them something. These East West jackets are very much a “specific subset”. I love ‘em, but I feel in the minority.
I love them too. I think I've run my course with "golden era" stuff. There's only so many times I get excited about the same halfbelt pattern, ever so slightly tweaked...I have decidedly moved ion to the "pig iron era" and I won't be looking back.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I love them too. I think I've run my course with "golden era" stuff. There's only so many times I get excited about the same halfbelt pattern, ever so slightly tweaked...I have decidedly moved ion to the "pig iron era" and I won't be looking back.
You know what comes next right, when you've run your course with the pig iron era. After the 70s come the 80s, blousons and droopy shoulders.

IMG_4046.jpeg

You know what comes next right, when you've run your course with the pig iron era. After the 70s come the 80s, blousons and droopy shoulders.

View attachment 525021
Sweet Jesus you’re right. I’m already wearing the shirt!

IMG_6803.jpeg

Now tell me where I can source a fine pig velours blousón!!

But I’m serious man. I’m going full bald hippie. Pork chops are being grown in now. This is how I will go down in absolute flames here. Like the Hindenburg going back in time and trying to mount the Titanic on the way down. The most disgraceful case of vintage workwear fatigue ever witnessed.

Observe

One Too Many

View attachment 525022

But I’m serious man. I’m going full bald hippie. Pork chops are being grown in now. This is how I will go down in absolute flames here. Like the Hindenburg going back in time and trying to mount the Titanic on the way down. The most disgraceful case of vintage workwear fatigue ever witnessed.
The greaseball 70s look has been in vogue for the last year or so, you'll be "on trend", so to speak. I find there is also moderate overlap between this and the western look. I'm by no means a fashion expert, just noticing the patterns the algorithm is feeding me.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 525021

@ton312's next jacket? "Signs point to yes"
8Ball.PNG

View attachment 525022

You're not alone soul brother! We got you. @handymike, @JurassicUtility

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto