Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Sportclad again
DSC09336.jpg
DSC09308.jpg
DSC09292.jpg
DSC09279.jpg

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 522600
Found a big mirror on the way to a local barefoot shoes shop where my friend, who is visiting me, wanted to get his first pair. Any barefoot shoe fans on TFL? It's a very interesting topic.

nice jacket. Vanson Chopper?

Are those barefoot shoes the ones with no real sole, just a very thin rubber layer to make it more like walking around, well, barefoot? They're not something as appealed to me, but I think my wife would love them.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
nice jacket. Vanson Chopper?

Are those barefoot shoes the ones with no real sole, just a very thin rubber layer to make it more like walking around, well, barefoot? They're not something as appealed to me, but I think my wife would love them.
A Chopper it is indeed. Slightly too large for me (as most clothes in my life) but good enough to keep for the time being.

@Batoidea gave a nice overview about the barefoot shoe idea : https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-jacket-are-you-wearing-today.82949/post-3013757
Personally I prefer a thicker sole purely for durability, but wide toe box is a no-brainer absolute positive for me. No heel drop and no arch support also seem like a healthy long term investment.
In the context of boots (which is what I wear 80% of the time) you can look up "Munson last".
My dream pair of boots is a pair of Nicks in their Munson-inspired last.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112