Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Today, chiller weather...time to let my '80s Aero Longshoreman take some fresh air before summer hits. Sorry for the lo-fi photos... I still believe that, for old fashioned guys like me (inspired by 30s, 40s and 50s), Aeros have the best fit ever...short, boxy and aggressive
LS1.jpg
LS2.jpg
LS3.jpg

Last edited:
Post soak/dryer tumble/ Urad…5 Star Winchester. This is what I do in the morning. Ponder further abuse. I think I’ll hit with one more coat of Urad to further subdue the contrast and call it a day. My only slight regret is that I spec’d this about an inch (arguably 2”) too long.
Before:
IMG_6301.jpeg

After:
IMG_6758.jpeg

Edit. 9AM light in my bathroom is the perfect studio for leather jacket pics.
IMG_6770.jpeg

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Post soak/dryer tumble/ Urad…5 Star Winchester. This is what I do in the morning. Ponder further abuse. I think I’ll hit with one more coat of Urad to further subdue the contrast and call it a day. My only slight regret is that I spec’d this about an inch (arguably 2”) too long.
Before:
View attachment 524419
After:
View attachment 524418
I think the length is spot on, similar to the original.

Al 916

One Too Many
Before:
View attachment 524419
After:
View attachment 524418
I'm with Marc Ton, I think it is spot on!
Much prefer it now you have Ton'd it up!

mvilla

A-List Customer
Before:
View attachment 524419
After:
View attachment 524418
Pretty cool indeed. Impressive what you've achieved with 5*

I think the length is spot on, similar to the original.
I think the OG was shorter. This guy (I cropped it b/c he is wearing vagina jeans):
IMG_6764.jpeg

But the 5 Star isn’t really an exact copy in this case, and it’s probably a good thing as I couldn’t wear anything that slim. But I was playing with clips and thought even 1” would give it a better look. It’s a HWM type cut and I did what I always do….go too long. Thurston Bros. conditioning I guess. Not a deal breaker but I think at this length it makes more sense.
IMG_6380.jpeg
IMG_6403.jpeg
IMG_6393.jpeg

Naturally I would complain I cut it too short had I gone with this length. LOL.

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think the OG was shorter. This guy (I cropped it b/c he is wearing vagina jeans):
View attachment 524433
But the 5 Star isn’t really an exact copy in this case, and it’s probably a good thing as I couldn’t wear anything that slim. But I was playing with clips and thought even 1” would give it a better look. It’s a HWM type cut and I did what I always do….go too long. Thurston Bros. conditioning I guess. It a deal breaker but I think at this length it makes more sense.
View attachment 524434 View attachment 524435 View attachment 524436
Naturally I would complain I cut it too short had I gone with this length. LOL.
In terms of proportions, it needs to be as long as it is imo. Otherwise it'll look boxy instead of elongated like on those slim built 70s dudes.

IMG_3912.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg

mvilla

A-List Customer
Once, my wife (who's a psychologist) said that when we are between two good options and choose one, we'll always think the other option was better because the human nature values more the desire than the possession, hence once you pick something and now you own it, the other option starts to seem more appealing, as now you desire the other.

All of that to say, you made the right decision, but your brain is now trying to trick you into getting something new

Once, my wife (who's a psychologist) said that when we are between two good options and choose one, we'll always think the other option was better because the human nature values more the desire than the possession, hence once you pick something and now you own it, the other option starts to seem more appealing, as now you desire the other.

All of that to say, you made the right decision, but your brain is now trying to trick you into getting something new
That is spot on and my brain did just that. I ordered the smoke jacket yesterday. LOL. I’ll take my two 70’s style 5 stars and slowly back away.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Finally someone provided a credible, scientific explanation of why we are chasing that next jacket. Is there a therapy for that?

This post should be pinned at the top of the Outerwear section…or maybe the Classifieds.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer

I think your wife's insight on this subject should never be revealed to my wife; as I have my wife believing this is all part of a normal, healthy process and that there's no need for concern:)

Observe

Practically Family

This basically summarizes the nature of this forum, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ