Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Proper mc-pattern. Work the sleeves so you can close the sleevezips all the way, that will make it even better.

Thanks! Yeah I'm working on that. Can't close them right now and I don't want to force it and mess up the zippers. I'll try to break the leather in enough to close them fully.

Great look and fit.

Thanks! Very happy with the fit.

Looks great on you Jake!!

Thanks a lot!

Yeah I don't know why I thought it didn't fit at first.

Yes, that looks great! I believe all these early 50s MC jackets are outstanding, just got to find the right fit.

Thanks! I'm definitely very happy with this one.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Thanks! Yeah I'm working on that. Can't close them right now and I don't want to force it and mess up the zippers. I'll try to break the leather in enough to close them fully.

Thanks! Very happy with the fit.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah I don't know why I thought it didn't fit at first.

Thanks! I'm definitely very happy with this one.
Made a world of difference on my Schott. I soaked them through so I could close them fully, Then I inserted the shaft of a big fork to flatten the gusset outward and giving it a much lover profile when closed. When it was dry it closed nicely every time.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Made a world of difference on my Schott. I soaked them through so I could close them fully, Then I inserted the shaft of a big fork to flatten the gusset outward and giving it a much lover profile when closed. When it was dry it closed nicely every time.
Yeah I think I'm going to have to soak mine as well. Most of the leather feels broken in and pliable, but the sleeves are tough. Thanks for the advice!

Motocann

One Too Many
IMG_A01C6848D366-1.jpeg

Hey Guys,
My pal Jimmy (from nerds_with_boots) and I have teamed up to do a fun little YouTube channel called The Man Cave Club. We'll be posting videos weekly and bi-weekly, discussing our experiences with cool boots, leather jackets, denim, motorcycles and a bunch of other stuff.

Cheers!

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/@themancaveclub

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Just came home pedalling from groceryshopping

Indigo×black 14oz type3 ive been wearing for 3-4 years without significant fade, and sashiko fatigue pants with slim fit pattern that fits more like jeans than fatigue pants but perhaps will fade nice later. Sorry for craptastic photo the sun is gloomy today and the phone camera probably full with fingerprints and lint fresh from the pocket
Screenshot_20230803_091427_Gallery.jpg

Nacho

Practically Family
View attachment 536958
Hey Guys,
My pal Jimmy (from nerds_with_boots) and I have teamed up to do a fun little YouTube channel called The Man Cave Club. We'll be posting videos weekly and bi-weekly, discussing our experiences with cool boots, leather jackets, denim, motorcycles and a bunch of other stuff.

Cheers!

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/@themancaveclub
Look forward to the motorcycle segment. You’ve got some killer bikes, Merv!

NCF

New in Town
Don’t really own anything that special jacket wise, and especially not leather jacket wise (haven’t really worn leather jackets for 10-15 years) but I recently rediscovered this old heavy metal jacket. I bought this about 25 years ago (and it wasnt new then) when I was 15-16 and wore it every day for I don’t know how many years. Don’t know the maker, don’t even know what kind of leather it is made of. Anyways I think I look pretty cool/good in it and that it looks fairly good on me, but I am a 40+ year old teacher so of this looks like a midlife crisis please tell me. ;)
IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
Don’t really own anything that special jacket wise, and especially not leather jacket wise (haven’t really worn leather jackets for 10-15 years) but I recently rediscovered this old heavy metal jacket. I bought this about 25 years ago (and it wasnt new then) when I was 15-16 and wore it every day for I don’t know how many years. Don’t know the maker, don’t even know what kind of leather it is made of. Anyways I think I look pretty cool/good in it and that it looks fairly good on me, but I am a 40+ year old teacher so of this looks like a midlife crisis please tell me. ;) View attachment 537017 View attachment 537018
That jacket is cool and a great fit. Wear the hell out of it. I'm a 50 year old teacher and still wear leather jackets. I like them and feel good in them. Too old to worry about what others think, bar the wife.

jeo

One Too Many
Don’t really own anything that special jacket wise, and especially not leather jacket wise (haven’t really worn leather jackets for 10-15 years) but I recently rediscovered this old heavy metal jacket. I bought this about 25 years ago (and it wasnt new then) when I was 15-16 and wore it every day for I don’t know how many years. Don’t know the maker, don’t even know what kind of leather it is made of. Anyways I think I look pretty cool/good in it and that it looks fairly good on me, but I am a 40+ year old teacher so of this looks like a midlife crisis please tell me. ;)
View attachment 537018

I want that Venom pin and Possessed patch!!

Nah man it looks great and nice fit on the jacket. That’s awesome it fits you all these years later.

NCF

New in Town
I want that Venom pin and Possessed patch!!

Nah man it looks great and nice fit on the jacket. That’s awesome it fits you all these years later.
The Possessed-logo is actually handpainted, so it’ll stay put. The pins on the Venom-pin I think is actually glued to the leather so its not going anywhere either.

Considering i’m a few kilos heavier now I kinda wonder how I looked in it as a teen…

Last edited:
Reactions: jeo

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
First real wear to the new to me Vanson "B".

A bit of room, especially after removing (I guess permanently) the grabby, use- and needless fleece-liner. With the action-back, I may even be able to get myself into a size 40.

I could do without the wind-flap, but otherwise it feels good, and it´s a perfect jacket for this stormy, rainy weather. The hide is Firenze-leather and is very substantial. The grain is pretty uniform, and I am as of yet doubtful regarding patina-potential. Much better than the "new-but-not-brandnew" Competition weight for sure!

Van_B_1.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Just came home pedalling from groceryshopping

Indigo×black 14oz type3 ive been wearing for 3-4 years without significant fade, and sashiko fatigue pants with slim fit pattern that fits more like jeans than fatigue pants but perhaps will fade nice later. Sorry for craptastic photo the sun is gloomy today and the phone camera probably full with fingerprints and lint fresh from the pocket
View attachment 536976
Biking in style!

zebedee

One Too Many
Brown Highwayman. Recently had zip replaced and D-rings put in. Along with the Café Racer, this one has seen the most wear and has been all over the world:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.12.jpeg
    573.6 KB · Views: 84
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.20 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.20 (1).jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 73
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.28.jpeg
    786.8 KB · Views: 72
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 09.20.34.jpeg