Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Yeah I can still pull my hand out from my sleeves even when its zipped up. Also under arms? Like the chest? I thought Im supposed to have some chest ease? One size down and I had like an inch of chest ease -that was horrible lol
At first glance, I think they are quite good. At second glance, I find the hem and underarms too wide. I think they should be tighter when the zips on the sleeves are closed. But as always, it's a matter of taste.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I actually find shoulder and chest quite good.
The hem is by design, it just flares out. If I keep this I may have to get the sleeves altered to taper and also to be shorter. Thats in the future when the sleeves tunnel, the 40 I had tunneled and the sleeve became toooo short

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
ANOTHER Double Helix Deviant.. this time Size 42. With an 18" Shoulder and 22" P2P (I have a 41.5" chest), thought I nailed the fit and now saw myself with it with the iphone camera and having doubts. Will probably return it. Damn. What y'all think?

I had a 40 about a few months ago and thought it will give with wear. It did not. If horsehide is too small, it will be too small.

Chest looks good but waist/hem are way too big. Sleeves are too long and wide. You can find something with a much better fit.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I have bought and sold many jackets (0.01% of @ton312 tally however ;)), but this Cal is not going anywhere.

DSC_3498.JPG

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
If you are on the fence about returning it, then return it.

Double Helix xzip only has a 2"
ANOTHER Double Helix Deviant.. this time Size 42. With an 18" Shoulder and 22" P2P (I have a 41.5" chest), thought I nailed the fit and now saw myself with it with the iphone camera and having doubts. Will probably return it. Damn. What y'all think?

I had a 40 about a few months ago and thought it will give with wear. It did not. If horsehide is too small, it will be too small.
drop chest to waist. In fact, most OTR jackets have this drop proportion.

You need custom. I think Double Helix can do custom. Never done it myself. Interesting to find out how it works. I see them advertising MTM and MTO on Instagram through their trunk show retailers.

TartuWolf

Practically Family

Shoulders are quite pointy from the back indicating that they are either too wide or just very stiff.
Chest looks good.
Waist is hard to say, can't tell whether your gut more or less fills it out or there a lot of free space there (like in my case with 99% of jackets).
Bottom hem is definitely too wide, but you mentioned it's by design - if you like it then it's good. I wouldn't.
Sleeves are a bit too long, but they will shorted. If they don't shorten enough - need to take it to a tailor.

Good luck with the custom option, will be interesting to hear back how that went!

jeo

One Too Many
Yup, just taped up the box. I am going to return it while I still can.

And yes, I am actually speaking with DH about a custom one :p it will take 2 months though, but with the waiting game with Legendary's Black Stallion. May as well.

Johnson Leathers can make you that exact jacket that’ll fit better and will be more affordable. I’m not a fan of how this jacket flares out at the hem. I’ve also seen this leather in person, it has a nice luxurious shine but nothing to write home about. Not sure about current wait times for JL, but it may even be quicker.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Johnson Leathers can make you that exact jacket that’ll fit better and will be more affordable. I’m not a fan of how this jacket flares out at the hem. I’ve also seen this leather in person, it has a nice luxurious shine but nothing to write home about. Not sure about current wait times for JL, but it may even be quicker.
They need to get their website up and running. I keep hearing about them and I keep checking their site and its empty. (Hell, I will do it for them for a free jacket)

I do like the DH leather when new, especially the one they use for the Deviant. It teacores easy though, it turns brown if you look at it wrong. That my plan is to put that elephant museum conditioner on it once my custom one arrives. Just to slow down the aging process a bit.

Thank you all. I can never get the good fit OTR.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Shoulders are quite pointy from the back indicating that they are either too wide or just very stiff.
Chest looks good.
Leather is just stiff and its also my posture, caveman with shoulders rolled forward. I recently had my uniform jacket refitted and the tailor measured me across the shoulders (where it hinges when I raise my arms) and said that I am "18.25 inches across" so at least now I know that I need at least a 22" in the chest and an 18" on the shoulder.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I got this last year and yes needed to size up from my usual 40.
It's a very thick hide, and still a little shiny, but I hope with wear it will settle down.

It looks great!

I love mine. I enjoy wearing my Iron Heart “Pale Rider”, but the Y2 plays in a different league when it comes to feel, smell, finishing. Pure luxury!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn