Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Old Pony

20231024_181045.jpg
20231024_180956.jpg
20231024_182118.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
@navetsea love the new hairstyle! That mandarin collar shirt also works very well with your unique (one of the self-made ones again?) jacket. Lovely outfit/look overall.
Thanks man, i periodically just trim the lower half of my hair especially when it hits 35C like these last few days, i only have mandarin collar shirts as most storebought shirts that fits my shoulder and arm would be baggy on the neck/ collar, and band collar shirt is a lot easier to tweak when the collar is too wide. Yes the jacket was from the year I adopted raw denim style, i thought I need dark blue jacket to go with dark blue denim and tan patch pockets to match the natural belt and jeans belt patch... turned out it was a too matchy matchy look.
GridArt_20231025_070728823.jpg
Trying out stuff, the jacket is visibly no longer black

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
@blobsterroll it's not a terrible fit, but I do think you need more of a drop, especially in this style of jacket. I would return it and possibly go custom or something vintage.
Yeah I think custom maybe it. I am a 42 in my chest and shoulders and arms but a 40 everywhere else. I am also like 5'10" so size 42 items are usually long to me. Sucks. No wonder one needs to be 6'4" to become a runway model lol

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
They need to get their website up and running. I keep hearing about them and I keep checking their site and its empty. (Hell, I will do it for them for a free jacket)

I do like the DH leather when new, especially the one they use for the Deviant. It teacores easy though, it turns brown if you look at it wrong. That my plan is to put that elephant museum conditioner on it once my custom one arrives. Just to slow down the aging process a bit.

Thank you all. I can never get the good fit OTR.

Honestly speaking, isn’t it time to look at other makers? The fit doesn’t work for you and now you tell us the leather is not exactly what you want either. If you’re paying top dollars for something it should be something you really like as it is. Everyone and their mother do a version of the moto cross zip so you should be able to find one that ticks all your boxes.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No wonder one needs to be 6'4" to become a runway model lol
Believe me, that doesn't make it any easier LOL

Honestly speaking, isn’t it time to look at other makers? The fit doesn’t work for you and now you tell us the leather is not exactly what you want either. If you’re paying top dollars for something it should be something you really like as it is. Everyone and their mother do a version of the moto cross zip so you should be able to find one that ticks all your boxes.
My thoughts. There are so many m2m alternatives.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
You're right fam. Quite honestly, I also am asking for too much and should be comfortable with "close enough" maybe not for that price though lol

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
You're right fam. Quite honestly, I also am asking for too much and should be comfortable with "close enough" maybe not for that price though lol

Didn't even know how much they cost but a quick google search found it. Yeah, for that price you should be ecstatic about the fit and the leather.

Honestly, the fit looks crap on the product photo here too:
https://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/products/deviant-horsehide-motorcycle-jacket

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 10.16.15.png

Waaaaaaay too much material in the back, especially as you get down towards the hem. Not a good look imo. Schott, Vanson, Thedi will make you a much better fitting jacket if you want a new one.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks man, i periodically just trim the lower half of my hair especially when it hits 35C like these last few days, i only have mandarin collar shirts as most storebought shirts that fits my shoulder and arm would be baggy on the neck/ collar, and band collar shirt is a lot easier to tweak when the collar is too wide. Yes the jacket was from the year I adopted raw denim style, i thought I need dark blue jacket to go with dark blue denim and tan patch pockets to match the natural belt and jeans belt patch... turned out it was a too matchy matchy look.
View attachment 554879
Trying out stuff, the jacket is visibly no longer black

I have said it before: This jacket is your masterpiece!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Yeah I think custom maybe it. I am a 42 in my chest and shoulders and arms but a 40 everywhere else. I am also like 5'10" so size 42 items are usually long to me. Sucks. No wonder one needs to be 6'4" to become a runway model lol
Yeah its a pain. I have a 42" chest and I'm 5'7" so I feel your pain. I ended up going vintage, but custom would work just as well and be easier overall.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Yeah its a pain. I have a 42" chest and I'm 5'7" so I feel your pain. I ended up going vintage, but custom would work just as well and be easier overall.
Ever explored getting something "close enough" and altering maybe just the sleeves or something? Maybe not for DH but for sub $800 jackets. Risky, but I found a good tailor lol

I am going to the rabbit hole as to why vintage fits well. My 60s Buco J24 is niiiiiice but I am very hesitant in wearing it as I (personally) consider it a grail piece.

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
Not a leather jacket, but I wanted to share this great 50s/60s Brooks Brothers 3/2 sport I just got. I love a mid-century three button, and a little research reveals these are much appreciated by Ivy lovers. Maybe someone can say more, but from what I can tell it has some cool little details from that era. And now, back to your regularly scheduled leathers!

brooks blazer.jpg

brooks makers.jpg

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
ANOTHER Double Helix Deviant.. this time Size 42. With an 18" Shoulder and 22" P2P (I have a 41.5" chest), thought I nailed the fit and now saw myself with it with the iphone camera and having doubts. Will probably return it. Damn. What y'all think?

I had a 40 about a few months ago and thought it will give with wear. It did not. If horsehide is too small, it will be too small.
I think it looks ok but not great. If you don’t love it i’d send it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn