Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I no longer have THAT bike or the pants, but I do still have the jacket and helmet.

Same bike a year later with a few different modifications. Jacket here is a Triumph Belgrave. Photo taken from the same corner of the Isle of Vashon TT.

GUz2wDAh.jpg

2t2UOq3h.jpg

Very nice! Love this color too. I'm tempted to change colors on my black Scram too now!

Reactions: A-1
Weekend ride, and yet again another Vanson day! Wearing my Chopper jacket with Knox armored shirt underneath. This is a beast of a jacket and I need to wear it way more often to fully break it in.

Jacket is from Thurston Bros.

View attachment 86185

The building in the background is Semtokha Dzong, a mid-17th century Bhutanese fortress.
View attachment 86186

Caught a bit of late monsoon showers towards the end of the ride.
View attachment 86188

View attachment 86189

View attachment 86190

View attachment 86191

The 108 stupas at Dochula Pass, Bhutan.
View attachment 86192

You're doing this life thing the right way.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Weekend ride, and yet again another Vanson day! Wearing my Chopper jacket with Knox armored shirt underneath. This is a beast of a jacket and I need to wear it way more often to fully break it in.

View attachment 86185

The building in the background is Semtokha Dzong, a mid-17th century Bhutanese fortress.
View attachment 86186

View attachment 86188

View attachment 86189

View attachment 86190

View attachment 86191

View attachment 86192

Well done, buddy. Looking sharp.

I've got the same pannier bag with matching tank bag.
yOaDbZEh.jpg

A-1

One Too Many

View attachment 86185

View attachment 86186

View attachment 86188

View attachment 86189

View attachment 86190

View attachment 86191

View attachment 86192

Just read that the Bhutanese government, instead of introducing a gross domestic product, introduced a gross national happiness for the people. They say the government is responsible for supplying the basics for people to be happy. So, instead of building a damn and leaving many people without water but making a few people very rich, they also consider spiritual, health and well-being of these people. Bhutan is the first country to do that and I find that a wonderful idea!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_National_Happiness

Thanks for the wonderful photos by the way! Love to see the country and your great jacket!

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Just read that the Bhutanese government, instead of introducing a gross domestic product, introduced a gross national happiness for the people. They say the government is responsible for supplying the basics for people to be happy. So, instead of building a damn and leaving many people without water but making a few people very rich, they also consider spiritual, health and well-being of these people. Bhutan is the first country to do that and I find that a wonderful idea!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_National_Happiness

Thanks for the wonderful photos by the way! Love to see the country and your great jacket!

Yes, that is the ideal situation, reality is more difficult as the leadership has to play a delicate balancing act between maintaining ancient traditions and allowing 21st century influences selectively - the country moved from the medieval age to modern only in the last 20-30 years or so. It's also a very small country with a tiny population and a minuscule economy sandwiched between the two Asian giants of India and China, who don't always see eye-to-eye. Although it's now a democracy, the Royal influence remains high and the present King is a much loved figure. A lot of challenges lie ahead, but concepts like GNH, the promise to maintain 60% forest coverage in the country in perpetuity, etc. helps towards ensuring that in the race for progress the baby is not thrown out with the bathwater.

This is actually my wife's country. I'm from next-door, Sikkim state of India, which used to be a tiny Buddhist Kingdom like Bhutan (we're very similar in ethnicity, language, religion, culture, etc), but was swamped by outside influences and outside control and eventually got gobbled up by India in the mid-1970s, making it a state of India.

Stand By

One Too Many
My brand new Buzz Rickson B-15D (1952 model in sage green nylon with a gorgeous grey/steel blue mouton collar). The very last one in my size from HPA - and apparently there won't be another run in this style/colour. It's simply wonderful. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on it.
I just tried it on outside for the first time and tried taking photos of me in it for the forum with my camera set on the self timer, precariously balanced on the step ladder on the new back yard, but it was a slow business and I wasn't happy with them. It's extremely bright and sunny and it's baking outside! It's 30C! I was sweating in it like nobody's business with a bright red face and my t-shirt was visibly stuck to me; simply cooking! I'll try again when it cools down in a couple of months.
But it's one cracker of a jacket. I love it!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails