Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mich486

One Too Many
Wow Mich, don't you think the leather body of that jacket ( especially in front ) is very short ..?? I would think the knit should be centered around your waist ( belt loops)....

Body and sleeve length are 0.5” down from the standard measurements for a size 40. Being only 5’7” I thought this would preserve the proportions. It definitely is a trim fitting jacket and even with the extra 0.5” I don’t think much would change... I guess to fit like you intend I should have added at least 1.5” to the standard length. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Body and sleeve length are 0.5” down from the standard measurements for a size 40. Being only 5’7” I thought this would preserve the proportions. It definitely is a trim fitting jacket and even with the extra 0.5” I don’t think much would change... I guess to fit like you intend I should have added at least 1.5” to the standard length. Cheers

I think it looks really good!

Reactions: A-1

Yep the normal or average fit for a M422A would be nearly 1 1/2" longer in front.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That is a nice jacket, Michael A. I had the same L.L.Bean jacket in the 90s which had a plaid lining in it. Wish that I still had it.

Al
This one probably dates back to the 90s or a bit earlier. It has a button in plaid wool liner, which I wasn't using today. I've been meaning to wax this coat and that would have been good for today's wet weather. Though the primary reason I want to wax it is that there is a particularly annoying little burr around here that sticks to just about everything except waxed cotton. The pants I was wearing are some old Canadian made waxed cotton brush pants and they worked most excellently at keeping me dry and burr free.

Michael

seres

A-List Customer
Hello guys!

Today I’m wearing for the first time my Aero civilian m422a in black Vicenza ...

Very nice! That's the second Vicenza M422 I've seen. You state it's a trim fitting jacket... Did you size up from your regular size? Curious, as I'm thinking of getting one, too.

Mich486

One Too Many
Very nice! That's the second Vicenza M422 I've seen. You state it's a trim fitting jacket... Did you size up from your regular size? Curious, as I'm thinking of getting one, too.

I’m 39.5” chest and I went for a 40”. As long as I don’t wear ultra thick sweaters I can move well due to the action swing back.

I wanted it black and the options I was suggested were black goatskin and black Vicenza (probably other cheaper medium weight hh would have been ok). They don’t do it in fqhh as the design of the jacket is too complex. I must say Vicenza it’s really nice and while not comparable to fqhh it is not thin at all. As with Italian made shoes, it’s comfortable right from the start though.

If I could change a thing: the waistband. It’s the standard one (I wanted to keep them dark seal) and it feels flimsy and not very elastic.

kojax

Practically Family
i am wainting on my a2 jacket. i sent it back to get new cuffs and waisteband. gibson barnes is doing the work the jacket i sent the jacket sept 8 still there unreal

So you don't have to look at the white wardrobe all the time... Went biking and hiking with a group of friends. It was really nice tho I was least prepared for the latter. As you can see.

IMG_20171008_124253.jpg

IMG_20171008_125150.jpg

IMG_20171008_135755.jpg

IMG_20171008_160252.jpg

IMG_20171008_160240.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points