Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamond Dave Buco J-71 Repro Jacket
IrExfL6h.jpg
7Gx8JY8h.jpg
Z1j8d2Mh.jpg
8FLn1Oqh.jpg

Canterbury Leather International shearling on this 40 some degree morning,
DSCN5513 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Made in New Zealand
DSCN5512 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5516 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Should be a fine, cool and breezy day here. All day jacket weather in other words, though this particular one may get a little over warm in a bit. Will have to pick out another one.
10-9-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great day,
Michael
What a great coat. I don't know why toggles are used more often these days.

Thanks Al. I guess you could say the jacket and pants were made to go together since the color of OD that the pants were made from is the color that was in use when the A-2 was designed. I'm rather liking the Ike in this tight quasi shirt size. Wearing it is probably somewhat akin to what wearing a corset must have felt like. Ha ha. I've seen the British jackets only in the movies and they are definitely of a similar design to the Ike. I'm fortunate that scratchy wool doesn't bother me much.

Yes, the pants are made out of the same 18 ounce wool serge as the Ike jacket. And I'm all about animal products today with a RL roll neck or turtleneck merino wool base layer, Hickey Freeman wool and cashmere shirt, wool pants and jacket, goatskin with wool knits jacket, fur felt hat and cowhide shoes. Oh yeah, wool socks. Ha ha. Gotta love cool weather.

Michael
I wore
Thanks Al. I guess you could say the jacket and pants were made to go together since the color of OD that the pants were made from is the color that was in use when the A-2 was designed. I'm rather liking the Ike in this tight quasi shirt size. Wearing it is probably somewhat akin to what wearing a corset must have felt like. Ha ha. I've seen the British jackets only in the movies and they are definitely of a similar design to the Ike. I'm fortunate that scratchy wool doesn't bother me much.

Yes, the pants are made out of the same 18 ounce wool serge as the Ike jacket. And I'm all about animal products today with a RL roll neck or turtleneck merino wool base layer, Hickey Freeman wool and cashmere shirt, wool pants and jacket, goatskin with wool knits jacket, fur felt hat and cowhide shoes. Oh yeah, wool socks. Ha ha. Gotta love cool weather.

Michael
I wear the Ike jacket as part of a dress uniform. I think it looks great, but it's not a practical jacket. Fine for a dress uniform, but I would not want to wear mine every day. The corset comment made me think about my jacket which I wear a few hours a year and don't want to buy a new one so I use the same one I've had for almost 30 years. When I bought it I was....just a bit thinner. I can still zip it up but it is not pretty. Corset indeed. I should buy a new one, but I'd rather buy hats and clothing that I like.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket, Michael. Looks like a vintage shooting jacket with those shoulder pads, no upper pocket to snag a gun and big pockets for carrying shotgun shells.
I'm sure that is what it is styled on Al, though at the time I think it was being marketed to the urban/suburban crowd rather than the country crowd. If I remember correctly, and that's always a big if, I found a magazine ad or photo shoot with this jacket that was dated 1969.

That's a nice looking Cooper A-2 you were wearing yesterday. I think I have a civilian Cooper G-1 that will probably be coming out sometime around next week if it cools off then.

Thanks,
Michael

HanauMan

Practically Family
Yes, I can see some suburban guy wearing it to their country club on a Sunday. Looks like it came straight out of the TV show The Wonder Years, and I mean that in a good way!

I bought my A2 new twenty five years ago and never felt that I needed another. I do like their G1s, looking forwards to seeing yours.

Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto