Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

I got 2 words for you, Tony:
PU...IG
I'm not going to lie...I'm scared. The Dodgers are looking like the best team in baseball by a country mile. 104? regular season wins and they made quick work of the d-backs. Our pitching is questionable, hitting is cold...Barely survived the Nationals... All I know is I'm running on about 4 hours sleep and my only goal for today is to survive work and eat a pizza while lying down when I get home. Oh and slog down a couple pints of Bells Brown Ale.

Sunny, sort of, and cool morning. I hear it's supposed to rain later. Zero King Twill Wool Jacket out of the '60s.
DSCN5658 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5659 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
All wool with wool tartan lining that I didn't get a photo of, half belt, action back, huge pockets
DSCN5656 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great Friday,
Michael

I agree with the other response. A great jacket styled as a Norfolk jacket for hunting. Very nice indeed.

BobJ

Practically Family
Diamond Dave Buco J-71 Repro Jacket
IrExfL6h.jpg
7Gx8JY8h.jpg
Z1j8d2Mh.jpg
8FLn1Oqh.jpg
Helps you project an aura of forceful and intimidating power.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bet your kids like to climb all over you and cuddle you, when you wear this jacket! THEY know you're a big teddy bear!

I really like those boots, what are they?
They do seem to look for hugs more when I'm wearing the grizzly. I just have to watch out for the sticky fingered little ones if they've been eating. The boots are White's Farmer Rancher boots.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm not going to lie...I'm scared. The Dodgers are looking like the best team in baseball by a country mile. 104? regular season wins and they made quick work of the d-backs. Our pitching is questionable, hitting is cold...Barely survived the Nationals... All I know is I'm running on about 4 hours sleep and my only goal for today is to survive work and eat a pizza while lying down when I get home. Oh and slog down a couple pints of Bells Brown Ale.

2.5 hrs here. Head feels like its being repreatedly stabbed.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just got my first black leather jacket. Now I'm bad! It's a used jacket, and might just be a little too short, but it's mine!

IMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3287.JPG

But I have a question. It was listed as "only a couple of months old worn 2-3 times so it's like new". Then why is it so rumpled, creased and crinkly looking?

IMG_3253.JPG

Just got my first black leather jacket. Now I'm bad! It's a used jacket, and might just be a little too short, but it's mine!

View attachment 89342 View attachment 89343

But I have a question. It was listed as "only a couple of months old worn 2-3 times so it's like new". Then why is it so rumpled, creased and crinkly looking?

View attachment 89345
What's the hide? I suspect that statement was aimed at perhaps exaggerating the actual condition. Although from the pics it's hard to tell much if anything about it's condition. Looks good from here tho. Not too short to my eye.

Reactions: A-1

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What's the hide? I suspect that statement was aimed at perhaps exaggerating the actual condition. Although from the pics it's hard to tell much if anything about it's condition. Looks good from here tho. Not too short to my eye.

The pictures are horrible sorry. Also, I forgot to put in a smiley face. :) The hide is beautiful textured Shinki. I couldn't be happier. As for the length, I am just not used to the cut of the jacket. I think it's a keeper. :D

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner