Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hypoxic

One of the Regulars
Wow, I really like that one. Really nice. I am going to have to study up on the
G-8! Where can i get one?

https://www.flightjacket.com/g-8-jacket.html

Shaul is your guy. Great service! I bought the returnable jacket first and made my adjustments accordingly. Great turn-around times even for APO overseas! I went with Flightjacket.com because they offered the jacket with a one piece back.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
On briefly this morning, before it warmed up.
Thedi cafe racer;
Thedi%20Cafe%20Racer%205%20of%2030-1-2_zpssxjwqd8q.jpg
can't see pic

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Photobucket has given me so much shit recently that I switched to imgur the other day. Takes some getting used to but once you have it figured out, it's so much better. Faster, easier and no pop ups and ads everywhere.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Today, I’m wearing a 1960, black tag, John Ownbey. Black tag MA-1s used to be the only thing most nylon geeks thought collectable. Now, even orange-lined reproductions sell for more than their original price. It’s a strange world, Mildred.

That’s a potential leather jacket, grazing in the background. She’s urging folks to wear more nylon.

5A5B27D2-4729-484A-90BB-8B5D6C0F5BA2.jpeg

AF

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Today, I’m wearing a 1960, black tag, John Ownbey. Black tag MA-1s used to be the only thing most nylon geeks thought collectable. Now, even orange-lined reproductions sell for more than their original price. It’s a strange world, Mildred.

That’s one of our future leather jackets, grazing in the background.

View attachment 91416

AF
Looks great, but I haven't gone down the nylon rabbit hole yet. Yes indeed it is a strange world mildred.

How much are you asking for the future leather jacket, and what size is it?:p

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I lied when i said in my very first posts on TFL that my HBD was my very first jacket, because I was embarased. I bought this LL Bean in 1990, and wore the heck out of it. Zipper finally broke so I started down the rabbit hole of real A-1s and the rest is history as in all my money is gone. LL Bean was kind enough to put in a brand ew YKK zipper for free. It was about 62 degrees F. when I went to work today and the old jacket was great. nice and light. I think there is some nice grain and patina for an old goat. Just like me.

IMG_3572.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner